AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-20, 22:42   Link #181
wontaek

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/c...reliminary.php

Group placement is announced. Also notice that start date has now moved to Feb. 27th
Old 2011-02-20, 23:25   Link #182
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Groups 9, 11, 13 and 16 look like the 'Groups of Death' to me. Especially Group 13...
Old 2011-02-21, 00:06   Link #183
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Group placement is announced. Also notice that start date has now moved to Feb. 27th
Darn this gives me less time to watch Higurashi.
Spoiler for Higurashi Question:

Spoiler for Preliminary Voting Plans:

Spoiler for Preliminary Predictions:
Old 2011-02-21, 00:18   Link #184
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hanyuu does not appear until the second season in any real capacity...aside from being referenced perhaps. Never seen until the second season.
Old 2011-02-21, 00:44   Link #185
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Let's see I think group 1 and 13 will be the two most fierce, even if Mio is the champion from last year, Merry, Elsie, and Tsukusa in her group won't make it easy if I had to guess .
Spoiler for My plans for Voting Order:

Spoiler for Predictions:
MAL
Old 2011-02-21, 00:51   Link #186
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Made a more detailed discussion of the groupings in my blog. Short version list here of who qualifies from their respective group:

Spoiler for Predictions for qualifying:

Note that is is nowhere near my personal preferences. I'm being purely logical about that list.
Old 2011-02-21, 09:34   Link #187
hinakatbklyn

Spoiler for Voting Pattern, My choices:

Spoiler for Objective Predictions:
Old 2011-02-21, 11:57   Link #188
broken270
Defying gravity

Less than one week left? Let's get this thing started, then!

Spoiler for Prediction:
Old 2011-02-21, 12:25   Link #189
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
My planned votes.
1. Mio
2. biribiri
3. X(0_________0X)
4. Azu-nyan
5. Ika Musume
6. Ui
7. Yuki Nagato
8. Mahiru
9. Victorique
10. Mikan
11. Eucliwood Hellscythe
12. Yui-nyan
13. Nessa
14. lol it's doll service vs evil pink spore yet again. Vote DESU
15. Kuroneko
16. Tenshi
Old 2011-02-21, 16:02   Link #190
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Spoiler for Predictions:
Old 2011-02-21, 23:58   Link #191
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Soon. All to soon all moe' will be unleashed. The world will never be the same.
Old 2011-02-22, 05:32   Link #192
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i'm all for the k-on girls here. well, i'm on homura as well. XDD

my best bet goes to mio though. I just love that girl <3
Old 2011-02-22, 11:44   Link #193
broken270
Defying gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Soon. All to soon all moe' will be unleashed. The world will never be the same.
And I think we have a decent variety of girls this year as well. I wonder how we are going to choose 50 out of all of these girls.
Old 2011-02-22, 18:05   Link #194
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

After watching the new oreimo episode today I was thinking about where Kirino might end up in this year's ISML. Kuroneko is going far, I don't think anybody disputes that but I find Kirino to be a curious case. She has a ton of strong supporters as evidenced by her strong showing in the nomination period but at the same time many people can't stand her as evidenced by her winning the worst character in the AS 2010 Choice Awards. What I'm wondering is if these "high negatives" could doom her in ISML and similar saimoe competitions. The argument would be that a voter that otherwise has no strong opinion about her opponent is likely to vote against her just out of distaste for her character. Obviously the option is there to abstain but I can definitely see Kirino's opponents gaining votes because of who they're up against. Logically this would mean that against any reasonably popular character the odds will be against Kirino more so than any of the other powerful newcomers who don't have nearly the level of negativity surrounding them that Kirino has. So I ask those more familiar with how such things have played out in the past, does an effect like this exist? Do you think it will hurt Kirino's chances down the road as the field is narrowed and she doesn't have any cupcakes to go up against?
Old 2011-02-22, 19:34   Link #195
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

if kirino is up against anyone, i'm sure i'd anti-vote her.XD i'm gonna vote for the other one just to despise her. XDD

popular characters such as in k-on are subject to assassination. just take yui for example,during saimoe though. since a lot hate k-on,they chose to go for nadeko instead w/c was painful to watch for me.DX i'm not really sure if it's like that,but i could only speculate.

anyhow,in ISML, chances are, kirino won't make it. XD
Old 2011-02-22, 19:41   Link #196
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends on the fan bases and what countries they are in. Also depends on what sort of demographic shifts we get this year. On the low end I expect about 3,000-6,000 voters once things get rolling again, with upwards of 10,000 in Single Elimination. At this point we shoul have at least 2,000 voters paying attention.
Old 2011-02-23, 02:36   Link #197
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
After watching the new oreimo episode today I was thinking about where Kirino might end up in this year's ISML. Kuroneko is going far, I don't think anybody disputes that but I find Kirino to be a curious case. She has a ton of strong supporters as evidenced by her strong showing in the nomination period but at the same time many people can't stand her as evidenced by her winning the worst character in the AS 2010 Choice Awards. What I'm wondering is if these "high negatives" could doom her in ISML and similar saimoe competitions. The argument would be that a voter that otherwise has no strong opinion about her opponent is likely to vote against her just out of distaste for her character. Obviously the option is there to abstain but I can definitely see Kirino's opponents gaining votes because of who they're up against. Logically this would mean that against any reasonably popular character the odds will be against Kirino more so than any of the other powerful newcomers who don't have nearly the level of negativity surrounding them that Kirino has. So I ask those more familiar with how such things have played out in the past, does an effect like this exist? Do you think it will hurt Kirino's chances down the road as the field is narrowed and she doesn't have any cupcakes to go up against?
That might be true but remember this,
Her winning the worst character is AS-only
Since ISML is definitely not AS, her negativity might be different.
Take Louise, for example. Some people might hate her for being bitchy on the same level as Kirino yet she still managed to show a quite good performance on ISML.
My best bet is Kirino gonna be another Hitagi.

@Ithekro: I think that we might have 2x the voters from last year.
I been stalking Facebook ISML page (which is full of K-ON fags, unfortunately -.-" )
And they really stalking ISML like hell.
Old 2011-02-23, 06:12   Link #198
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Any character in ISML can fall upon their own sword. If any faction tries too hard to push someone to victory, the other factions generally have stirred up enough resistance. Need I mention what happened to Shana in DE in two consecutive years? Opinions can be changed by one single result. K-ON is still undeniably popular. But that could very much go against them at some point. Winners of ISML tend to drop significantly the year after they win, as do other characters within their series. A lot of voters don't watch that far back from when they started watching anime. You'd expect K-ON characters to still have a good showing. But the general voting population doesn't like consecutive winners.

Nothing is set in stone. There will be a multitude of twists and turns before this season is over.
Old 2011-02-23, 17:30   Link #199
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

K-On will have a new episode come out in a month or so. So they will have a slight flutter of new material this year, followed by their movie long after this year's ISML is decided...in December.
Old 2011-02-23, 20:03   Link #200
broken270
Defying gravity

I know it starts on Sunday, but when do we know which three are fighting against each other in each group?
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament