AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 22 17.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 32.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 32.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-14, 11:59   Link #61
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

I think we might not be giving Wilhelmina enough credit. We see a scene with her against the legion of unconquerable vegetables, but later on she and Shana are eating. It doesn't look like it's Chigusa's work, either, because if Chigusa had made the food why isn't she eating along with Yuji?

Perhaps Wilhelmina managed a victory in the end.
Old 2007-10-14, 12:01   Link #62
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
I think we might not be giving Wilhelmina enough credit. We see a scene with her against the legion of unconquerable vegetables, but later on she and Shana are eating. It doesn't look like it's Chigusa's work, either, because if Chigusa had made the food why isn't she eating along with Yuji?

Perhaps Wilhelmina managed a victory in the end.
Depends on if they were cooked or not as Shana has mentioned RAW
Old 2007-10-14, 12:30   Link #63
Midonin
Last Engage

I miss Alastor's opening narration.

But this new Tomogara is intriguing me, as well as Yuuji's status of "Keeper".
Old 2007-10-14, 14:27   Link #64
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Yeah, Shana is 11, though the official site has something added to her age:
Spoiler for Shana's age:
I think it means "Shana appears to be 11 or 12 years old".

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Depends on if they were cooked or not as Shana has mentioned RAW
I think the raw reference was for food that can be eaten "raw" such as salad, bread, and the likes.
Old 2007-10-14, 14:34   Link #65
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
He is no longer human and whilst he may no longer disappear, what about aging?
Spoiler for Aging:

Who is the guy in the preview? Seems like he is related to the transfer student. I believe that Yoshida still has a chance. She can openly express her feeling anytime while Shana is still reluctant to do so. I am quite wary of what Bel Peol and Sydonay are up to. Hopefully, Shana and others can overcome their sinister plans.
Old 2007-10-14, 15:26   Link #66
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

What I want to know is if Hecate has developed her own personal agenda after what Yuuji told her last time. In spite of her supposed ranking as a leader of the Bal Masque, she wasn't much more than a puppet for Bel Peol before. But her naivety was rather tactfully shattered, and her goals might well have shifted. I personally suspect a triplecross in the future.

Last edited by Arcc; 2007-10-14 at 16:20.
Old 2007-10-14, 15:40   Link #67
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... You think it's going to turn into a harem, with her joining the frey for Yuuji's attentions?
Old 2007-10-14, 16:17   Link #68
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Who is the guy in the preview? Seems like he is related to the transfer student. I believe that Yoshida still has a chance. She can openly express her feeling anytime while Shana is still reluctant to do so. I am quite wary of what Bel Peol and Sydonay are up to. Hopefully, Shana and others can overcome their sinister plans.
I used to think Yoshida maybe had a chance, but I think ep. 2 really does show how doomed her efforts really are. Yes, Shana's awkwardness makes her unable to play her stronger hand and "win" decisively, but look at Yuuji's reaction to Shana's bento compared with his reluctance to take Yoshida's. He still acts that way even after all of Shana's repeated denials and efforts to make them seem just like "friends" (excluding the confession that Yuuji never heard).

It's a real shame for Yoshida, who I think is an extremely likable character. But in the end, she really can't compete with the Flame Haze, not because, as Shana tells herself in this episode, Yuuji will choose Shana because as a Mistes, he's now of her world, but because Yuuji wants Shana for, well, just being Shana. Which I think is one of the real selling points of this show--a male lead, who though a bit dense with regards to women's attitudes toward himself (although he's quite good at reading other people's relationships), has his heart in the right place, and who has the maturity to take people as they are, as opposed to what he wants them to be.
Old 2007-10-14, 16:30   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'd guess Yoshida has a chance to a degree. Or at least until she gets old enough to get in trouble for having a relationship with a kid .

Anyways am curious when Ike is going to make his own move. Since the OP at least shows he isn't going to be sitting around the whole time. Not sure how strongly if at all Yuji would go after Yoshida. Certainly sees her as a friend, but in the end just personally think he's more drawn to Shana.

Does seem like things are going to be moving not just in the relationship field soon. After all Wilhelmina's current opponent is cooking and Margery is just lounging around drinking all the time.
Old 2007-10-14, 18:16   Link #70
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Was watching Shana-tan Returns, and got this image:

Needless to say, Hecate is cute.
Old 2007-10-14, 20:02   Link #71
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Was watching Shana-tan Returns, and got this image:

Needless to say, Hecate is cute.
The idea of Hecate in the school is just amazing. I don't know what it was, but in the first season, Hecate had something surrounding her that just really drew her in as my favorite character in the past couple of series I had seen.

And the second show was just like the first. But it showed even more potential for future events. I like where it's going.
Old 2007-10-14, 21:22   Link #72
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I can see one way how Yoshida can get past the whole she is human he is miste issue. Have it out with Hecate for hitting on Yuji (if that is her), get eaten and spend her few remaining days with Yuji as he would want to fulfill her last wishes....

That I think would make for a really really tearful ending to Yoshida
Old 2007-10-14, 22:06   Link #73
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I can see one way how Yoshida can get past the whole she is human he is miste issue. Have it out with Hecate for hitting on Yuji (if that is her), get eaten and spend her few remaining days with Yuji as he would want to fulfill her last wishes....

Cannot support the killing off of Yoshida!!!!!
Old 2007-10-14, 22:23   Link #74
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:

I don't know...

Yoshida seems to be Yuji's connection to the world of humans. to kill her is really only something I'd condone if the entire story was coming to a close, to set the apocalyptic tone. But honestly, I think she has more potential as someone in the epilogue, since she's the human who's arguably closest to the 'other side' Yuji and Shana exist in; She'd really make a wonderful foil to the other characters regardless of the situation. so yeah, Yoshida should live, since she has certain traits that make her rather unique and therefore useful from a story perspective.
Old 2007-10-14, 22:42   Link #75
sniperz

episode 3 : suspicious transfer student is a must watch @_@"
Old 2007-10-14, 23:06   Link #76
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm, so I was kept interested most of the episode but it still doesn't capture the excitement of the first season for me, so 8/10. You can say that I'm rating it based on expectations, but it is a sequel after all, and I looked forward to it because the first season was good. Anyways....

The one thing that impresses me most is how difficult it is to take sides on any level. I'm definitely on Shana's side but I can't hate Kazumi, because that is just not possible. It's the same with Hecate, she's too cute.

Another thing I like about this episode/series is the progression of the story. The transition from romance to action to comedy and back is almost perfect, and I almost never have to stop and rewind for some reason.

The only thing I have a problem with right now is the action plot, because so far it's not that interesting. Friagne was interesting, but this dream thing...I don't like.
Old 2007-10-15, 01:14   Link #77
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I gave this episode a 10 solely for the foreshadowing that Yuji is going to do SOMETHING this season . His entire role consists of him playing detective and figuring everything out, then getting kidnapped/raped when the enemy shows up. Maybe he'll finally be able to fight someone for more than 3 seconds before getting curbstomped.

Now onto a more important matter. Yoshida. Seriously, she no longer brings anything to the table other than annoyance. She should just stay out of Shana's way before she gets burned . It's not like she can be with Yuji anyways. I'm pretty sure she'll die a lot sooner than he does. So unless she mysteriously becomes a flame haze, I'm just going to pretend that she isn't on the screen.

Not much else regarding this episode. Shana cooking and the bento were pretty amusing. Anyone who didn't expect melon bread to pop out of it was in denial
Quote:
... You think it's going to turn into a harem, with her joining the frey for Yuuji's attentions?
God I hope so. I've been hoping for it since the end of S1. Hecate =
Old 2007-10-15, 02:02   Link #78
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
average eps so far :/

mostly reuse stuff from the last season, boring school life, not much romance
Old 2007-10-15, 03:38   Link #79
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Has anyone noticed JC STAFF has changed the animation for the formation of Fuuzetsu? It's now more similar to how they did it in the movie.

In series 1, Fuuzetsu are formed by a magic circle spiralling around the designated area followed by the atmosphere turning flaming red (or green or whatever, depends on the Flame Haze and Denizen). In the movie, after the magic circle, a series of "black threads" shoot up from the ground into the sky, eventually threading together to form a dark dome-like shape.
Old 2007-10-15, 05:45   Link #80
prosnoopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Has anyone noticed JC STAFF has changed the animation for the formation of Fuuzetsu? It's now more similar to how they did it in the movie.

In series 1, Fuuzetsu are formed by a magic circle spiralling around the designated area followed by the atmosphere turning flaming red (or green or whatever, depends on the Flame Haze and Denizen). In the movie, after the magic circle, a series of "black threads" shoot up from the ground into the sky, eventually threading together to form a dark dome-like shape.
It looks better that way
Closed Thread