AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-27, 11:51   Link #4001
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Kiritsugu is more of an assassin, I see Bazett more like an amazonian. It'd be an interesting fight between the two of them, assuming it wasn't a fist fight.

Can't help but feel bad for Lancer through the whole story. Has the perfect master stolen from him, he does everything against his own will, and ultimately either has to kill himself or gets killed off in an unceremonious way. At least he gets his revenge in UBW-route and goes out like a champ. His runic magic with Bazett would have made them a damn near unstoppable team, maybe even against serious!Gil.

Gae Bolg vs. Ea, what exactly happens there? Gae Bolg is pretty damn fast, can Ea fire off in time?
Gilgamesh doesn't need to use Ea, he can use caladbolg, which is basically lancer(F/SN)'s weakness.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 12:03   Link #4002
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Waver, Rin and Illya are around the same age (two/one year of difference is irrelevant), but Rin has a strong magic crest and being a prodigy as well as having a lot of mana. Waver doesn't (and I like him more as character than I like Rin ). Illya is another special case. Illya and Rin know more about the ritual than Waver too (who just basically jumped the gun). GDB also mentioned the reasons why Illya is dangerous.
Well, Rin and Ilya do have some advantages, but Rin in particular does not have the personality of a magus at all.

Quote:
Sakura could have had the advantages Rin counted on to be among the group, but sadly I couldn't count her for those reasons you mentioned (the worms and her unwillingness to fight). Had she given an equal upbringing as Rin, then she would be a great Master too. The problem is that she's either crippled by something or too hax (as Dark Sakura).
If you were to free her from Zouken somehow, then Sakura could fulfill the role of a master perfectly well. It's not like they need to be able to fight, at any rate.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 12:15   Link #4003
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
Let's be honest, UBW Good End is an extremely (IMO obnoxiously) happy ending - the Sakura issue is never dealt with so people simply do not like drawing parallels that, behind the scenes, very little is actually fixed aside from Shirou's ideals. However, I don't really think people need to go to the extent of acknowledging that the ending isn't happy because Sakura is not involved, since upon completing the ending most people had never finished HF in the first place. Even after completing HF, the feeling of "Wow, UBW good is really happy!" isn't so easy to argue away so long as the feeling is still there.

This discussion reminds me of a fanfic called Dear Tohsaka. Pretty decent read, by the way.
It was said that Shinji became a better person in UBW ends, so maybe we had a epic Shinji sacrificing himself to atone for what he did and Shirou and Sakura cries, blah blah , Zouken dies, blah blah sort of happy end.
But it will never see the light of day because Shinji is meant to be hated always.
Old 2011-12-27, 12:32   Link #4004
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, Rin and Ilya do have some advantages, but Rin in particular does not have the personality of a magus at all.
I think Rin has at least some legitimate training where as Sakura didn't have any at all. I don't think having the personality of a magus is all that required. I mean Thess did include Kiritsugu. I think what seperates the legitimate magi more the non-legitimate according to Thess is their degree of proffesionalism. Rin has at least some but Sakura doesn't have any. Though be honest I'd definitely count Waver as a legimtate magi especially after watching him track down Caster's lair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
It was said that Shinji became a better person in UBW ends, so maybe we had a epic Shinji sacrificing himself to atone for what he did and Shirou and Sakura cries, blah blah , Zouken dies, blah blah sort of happy end.
But it will never see the light of day because Shinji is meant to be hated always.
I don't think it's said that Shinji was a better person. Just that he's less inclined to be a jackass (which i suppose makes him a better person but doesn't make him good). I could see him developing a conscience but even if he did I doubt he'd develop the ability or willpower to stand up to Zouken.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:47   Link #4005
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think Rin has at least some legitimate training where as Sakura didn't have any at all. I don't think having the personality of a magus is all that required. I mean Thess did include Kiritsugu. I think what seperates the legitimate magi more the non-legitimate according to Thess is their degree of proffesionalism. Rin has at least some but Sakura doesn't have any. Though be honest I'd definitely count Waver as a legimtate magi especially after watching him track down Caster's lair.
Waver's prana output seems to be lacking (kinda like Shirou). Rider has to use his own to manifest his army. That's why I didn't count him.
Spoiler for for the old man:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 12:49   Link #4006
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've been wondering lately... What did Gilgamesh do between Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night? Are supposed to assume he spent his time drink wine and eating orphans? 10 years is a pretty long time, it's hard to believe he remained idle for so long.
If only Gilgamesh got into galge...
Old 2011-12-28, 13:04   Link #4007
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
If only Gilgamesh got into galge...
You never know, he could have galge involving flat chested blondes stashed in his treasury.
Which explains why he became so much more obsessed with saber.
Old 2011-12-28, 16:27   Link #4008
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
You never know, he could have galge involving flat chested blondes stashed in his treasury.
Which explains why he became so much more obsessed with saber.
He doesn't like Saber because of her appearance or gender, though, but because of her ambition/wish/etc. Those who aim high remind him of Enkidu!1!1! even if they don't look like him or act like him.

Also, he's around Kotomine, someone he finds really, really interesting
Spoiler for fate zero ending?:
He seems to hang around his Church in HF (Shirou crossed his path) and mark his things (remember Kirei's spoon had "king g" engraved on it).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 08:23   Link #4009
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh My God!

Carnival Phantasm's 3rd Season Includes Fate/Prototype
12-minute animated digest of Kinoko Nasu's original novel draft for Fate/stay night

To see Saver and Ayaka animated is just.............. Kyahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Old 2011-12-29, 09:34   Link #4010
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Quote:
Kana Hanazawa as Ayaka Sajō, Saber's Master
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The other cast members are amazing too.

Man, that was completely unexpected. I never thought I'd see the prototype of Fate animated.
Old 2011-12-29, 09:43   Link #4011
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

And yet no Kara no Kyoukai. This is so unfair...
Old 2011-12-29, 13:44   Link #4012
chaos_alfa

Quote:
And yet no Kara no Kyoukai. This is so unfair...
There are the movies or do you mean the novels?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 13:49   Link #4013
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I meant in Carnival Phantasm...
Old 2011-12-29, 18:28   Link #4014
chaos_alfa

Quote:
I first want to finish Melty Blood before seeing Carnival Phantasm, but to bad Kara no Kyoukai isn't included
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 07:39   Link #4015
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Holey moley now THAT is awesome. Too bad it's the last season of Carnival Phantasm (for now) or we could speculate on more awesome specials in the future
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 09:19   Link #4016
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I first want to finish Melty Blood before seeing Carnival Phantasm, but to bad Kara no Kyoukai isn't included
I think all you need is to play the first route of Melty Blood to get most of the jokes in Carnival Phantasm.
Old 2011-12-31, 08:14   Link #4017
ksho

Quote:
You don't have to worry about THAT anymore it seems...

It looks like everything but the Kitchen Sink(Apocrypha) is gonna join in on the fun :

Spoiler for CP Season 3 (Image Heavy):

Last edited by ksho; 2011-12-31 at 08:34.
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 08:43   Link #4018
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I know, I know. And there's Fate Zero characters in there as well. Oh it's going to be so awesome.
Old 2011-12-31, 15:49   Link #4019
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i finally watch a raw of Fate/Prototype.
Spoiler for My Thoughts:
Old 2011-12-31, 22:59   Link #4020
U<3Anime
Boo!

"EX......CALIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Holy Shit, think I just got a man crush on Male Saber.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel