Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 09:27   Link #4321
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Grats on gold. Enjoy being forever free of the utter scum of the universe that is silver.
As a permanent silver, I find that offensive xD (I can't play LoL on my current laptop, but my skills are no higher than gold 4 anyway, I wouldn't be getting too far without enough luck at the placement matches.) What does that make bronze players though?
Quote:
Well today was the day I went 4-0 in ranked on Quinn (currently on 6 game winning streak with her, total record 15 - 4)
Grats on gold, keep at it Quinn rocks!

As for Jinx's intro...very good video, not that great of a song.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 11:04   Link #4322
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
As a permanent silver, I find that offensive xD
As am I...I'm utterly cursed...Made it to Silver 1 three times this season, then got hit with the worst players (in terms of attitude and awareness) I've ever seen and get sent back down to Silver 5. I'm beyond caring anymore...only about 10-15% of my losses on ranked would be on me. The majority of them are either decided by people deciding they hate each other during champ choice and vowing to lose, persistent d/cons (yeah, I had 10 players d/con on my sides in my first 6 ranked matches on Oceania...), complete lack of map awareness (regardless of lead or time, even amidst an ocean of wards, people walk into an obvious gank and instantly gift the win) or just a complete lack of common sense (warding brushes next to your lane, staying behind the frontline if you're squishy, not getting sucked in by a wave of creeps in bot lane when its clear the other team will Baron, the Baron counterattack after your team takes an inhibitor, turrets matter more than kills, take objectives after winning teamfights, watch death timers and back off before they're back - you'd think most people would understand those things...apparently not). Winning lane/role is just not mattering - I keep seeing people finding new, miraculous ways to throw/feed.

Quote:
What does that make bronze players though?
Better than Wood division and one step away from a nightmare.

Just curious, what do you guys ban these days? For me, I always ban Lee Sin and Zed. Third ban, depending on my mood, would be Aatrox or Udyr or Gragas.
Old 2013-10-09, 11:14   Link #4323
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Just curious, what do you guys ban these days? For me, I always ban Lee Sin and Zed. Third ban, depending on my mood, would be Aatrox or Udyr or Gragas.
Top 3 priority bans for me atm:
Kassadin
Thresh
Zed

If enemy bans any of them then sometimes Fizz, Nasus, Caitlyn*, Vayne, or singed.

*Solely because I swear half of soloq has no idea how to play any marksmen besides her.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 11:19   Link #4324
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Last bans I can remember were jungle/top bans. Popular bans on Eu were still Zac/Zed/Vayne/Cait/Aatrox but it's not like it matters much imo - you don't know how skilled your opponents are, or how well adapted your allies may be to them.

My most painful games have been the ones where we made teams that depend on cooperation more than usual (and, as usual, it never showed in the game). Prime examples are Shen top, jungle Nunu, Ashe and Zyra bot - there are so many chances to turn the tide of the game with a gank, but nobody ever follows through, resulting in "omg feederz!".

Anyway, I didn't fall off beyond silver 3, but I can see your POV perfectly.
Old 2013-10-09, 11:32   Link #4325
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Top 3 priority bans for me atm:
Kassadin
Thresh
Zed

If enemy bans any of them then sometimes Fizz, Nasus, Caitlyn*, Vayne, or singed.

*Solely because I swear half of soloq has no idea how to play any marksmen besides her.
Used to be the case on Oceania, but these days, Ezreal is the spammed one. As for jungler, Lee Sin gets picked literally nearly every game and too many players don't have the timing or warding to avoid him, so it's become a mandatory ban for me and is gradually being agreed on by others. Same deal with Udyr - no one respects him, he snowballs and becomes unkillable. Gragas is being spammed in mid thanks to Faker. I used to consider Kassadin but...I've encountered so many bad ones it isn't worth it. As for Thresh, he's become one of those 'let him through because someone will panic, pick it but not know how to use it and gift you bot lane' champs. Zyra would probably be the most banworthy support champ on Oceania ranked now. She is played near 100% of games on Diamond and Challenger there.
Old 2013-10-09, 13:05   Link #4326
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-12, 12:41   Link #4327
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Jinx is wicked good...I bought her the day she came out, didn't care about the extra IP. She wins you games as long as your team isn't stupid and your support isn't a clown. Takes down turrets in a flash, Zap is great poke, the grenades can really swing a teamfight, the splash ability with Fishbones, the power of the ulti rocket. The only downside is no escape unless a champ or turret dies, so positioning is pretty critical with her. You're also forced to get something extra with movement speed since her base speed is 325 - think that's equal lowest in the game. I've found Trinity Force to be quite handy on her.
Old 2013-10-13, 05:36   Link #4328
Kreceir

Old 2013-10-13, 10:27   Link #4329
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

HAH! hilarious! XD
Old 2013-10-14, 03:50   Link #4330
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I can't believe this team comp just won in a normal

Quinn top, Corki bot, Jinx Mid, and Jungle Kat, triple adc with assassin jungler so legit .
MAL
Old 2013-10-14, 09:14   Link #4331
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Jungle Kat
mind=blown... Well, Jinx got fed and the enemy team didn't reeeally shut her down...also enemy Ashe was severely underfarmed, I suspect lots of KSing on that one :P That really is a crazy comp though ._.
Old 2013-10-14, 18:21   Link #4332
SchierkeWiking

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/32882263

Finally made it to Gold again. I actually reached it like in April but then couldn't play for like 6 months and got demoted to Silver II, a month and 4 promos later I made it again. The match that got me into gold was also one of the most intense I've ever had, with an amazing come back and a team that never raged or became negative even when we were getting destroyed.

The best of it is that I don't have to play ranked anymore for a while, it's a cesspool this late in the season, everyone is always angry and stressed lol.
SchierkeWiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 15:39   Link #4333
ZeroForever

congrats to all that hit gold, I managed it last week. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24918716

I didn't play for almost the whole year and got demoted to bronze 1... it took me about a 3 weeks to climb it but getting like 25-60 lp a match made it not to bad. promotionals were still a bitch though with 2-0 then getting 3 matches with afkers/quitters and needing to do it over.

General thoughts, people forgot how to handle top elise and get eaten and the standard counter picks for top nasus are over rated (though some like vlad are strong against him).

I've just been screwing around with quinn top and viegar supp in normals now.
Viegar supp is fun but i can't carry bad adc's like i can with zyra supp.

quinn just completely dominates top against all the popular heroes.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:23   Link #4334
Soverence

Just made it to Plat myself : http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20597723#profile

Yeah guys should add me for a game sometime, Summoner Name is Soverence.

Veigar support is silly good if you can land that stun right every time since it is probably the best stun in the game arguably. I have never played Quinn so I have no real comment on what she can do but I would think she would be weak to any all in champ like Panth or Jax since they can close the gap instantly.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 02:48   Link #4335
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Can't really comment on Quinn either as I am mainly an ARAM player but the few times that I actually rolled her the 525 range were a terrible feeling

Speaking of ARAM: Yordle Power!

Images

edit2:
Images

Me: Jarvan, why are you building armor?
Lux: He can tank tower shots with it.
J4: I'm building health, they happen to be armor items.
Me: You can build health with mres items too?
J4: Or I can just tank this tower for 10 shots.

Oh good lord, duo queue bronze builds. He bought the cloak 2nd last.

edit3:
Images

Find the retard.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2013-10-17 at 17:00.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 12:54   Link #4336
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Major announcement for Season 4.

If you go up a tier, you are no longer safe within it. You can now fall back tiers if you lose too much after going up one. So you can fall back from Gold to Silver and the like in S4. That should put a stop to some of the stupidity in Gold 5 and Silver 5, hopefully.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:13   Link #4337
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

This is the single most OP thing by trick2g since 3.8 Nunu, I tried, just freaking wow it is brutally good for 1st blood:
YouTube

I did in a normal and just killed nocturne at 2:30 so easily, just wow.

(Runes goes AD red/CDR blue/armor seal/Lifesteal quints and 21/9/0 taking CDR instead of AS).
MAL
Old 2013-10-20, 10:29   Link #4338
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
This is the single most OP thing by trick2g since 3.8 Nunu, I tried, just freaking wow it is brutally good for 1st blood:
YouTube

I did in a normal and just killed nocturne at 2:30 so easily, just wow.

(Runes goes AD red/CDR blue/armor seal/Lifesteal quints and 21/9/0 taking CDR instead of AS).

What is that UI? It looks really useful to high light enemy heroes near you.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:33   Link #4339
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
What is that UI? It looks really useful to high light enemy heroes near you.
It's the "team fight" spectator mode UI .

I always use tab to know who near .
MAL
Old 2013-10-20, 10:52   Link #4340
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

To see this utterly brilliant play by BoxBox live was glorious. This guy is a genius on Riven.

Tags
league of legends, lol