AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-07, 13:40   Link #81
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Also made this, if someone other than me had trouble learning names:
Thanks. You nailed my problem on the head

As for the sub, I thought the h.264 version looked pretty good - although I could never get it to play on my 3 GhZ P4 if I tried to select either of the Sub tracks. The Xvid version was not HD, but then didn't advertise as being HD.

Since my hobby is creating Visual Novels, I normally care more about story than image quality anyway, and so having a subbed version out this quickly is a big WIN for me. If the animation turns out to be something worth saving, then getting a higher quality version later is not that big a sacrifice. After all, it's nice to have a sub out quickly enough that I can participate in the thread without being too far behind the RAW watchers. Just look at the gap in the Tokimeki group for an example of how that can hurt...
Old 2007-04-07, 14:19   Link #82
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Also made this, if someone other than me had trouble learning names:
Ah, thanks for that, I'm watching so many episodes 1 in these days, hence so many new characters, that I'm really having troubles in keeping trace of all of them

Anyway, Nagasarete Airantou. I approached it because I like everything set in a desert island, and also because it's a harem. I've no other harems in my spring list so one is welcome.
At first glance (by just watching AniDB preview) this seemed like one of those low budget aiming to be hilarious series. But then I heard the OP and the unmistakable voice of my seiyuu number 1: Horie Yui. That removed any doubt if I had to watch this series. Horie Yui is in her "Manabi" mode here, or so it seems.

There's not much to say, the plot (?) follows the usual stereotype whereas for whichever reason, the main character finds himself hunted by a pack of girls. Different traits: no supporting male characters, insanely huge dimension of the harem (and I was thinking that nothing could beat the 31 of Negima.. ^^).
Funny enough, some gags work and some not, quite predictable for how it's going to head. ANN says it has 26 episodes, I would be surprised if that were true, usually a series like this can say it all in one kur.

Oh, and since it's basically a series about fanservice, I wouldn't mind a bit more ^^ ... that bath foggy scene screams revenge, though I'm confident that the weather will be... "less humid" on the dvd release ... want to bet on that?

In two words, to watch if you want to have a bit of relax and fun, even turning your brain off for 20 minutes
Old 2007-04-07, 14:22   Link #83
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The instant I heard Suzu's voice, it made me go "Ayu!!!" (minus the Uguu part ) for a moment. Yui Horie did a good job voicing Suzu. First episode was pretty hectic. The whole chase thing was indeed almost similar to Girls Bravo first ep. chase scene. Oh well, I guess I'll stick around on this anime
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 14:24   Link #84
Pakxenon
popcorn

What an awesome show. I have the manga all ready to be read (got it on a whim after seeing a blog about it), but I think I'll watch this show weekly instead. And Suzu is awesome especially with Horie Yui's voice behind her!
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 15:29   Link #85
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Suzu's reactions = extreme cuteness. Even if it means pain and suffering for Ikuto.
Old 2007-04-07, 17:19   Link #86
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
As good a job Saeko Chiba is doing as Ayane, I wish they'd kept Yukari Tamura for her voice from the drama CDs.

And after reading the manga, Machi is officially my favorite character. Gotta wait a few episodes before she starts getting her good screentime, though.
Old 2007-04-07, 18:05   Link #87
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

1st thought ? Girls Bravo pushed to extreme - no escape

Seems like a lot of mindless fun, so i am sure to stick around ... so i gues the "plot" will be the guy trying to "survive" for 26 eps on this paradise/hell ... and it will, probably, take 25.5 episodes before he admits he likes Suzu

The animation is whacky but quite nice. Didn't like the OP/ED... skippable (is that a word) material.

Kinda funny when Suzu (and, apparently, all the other girls who were lurking at the start) couldn't tell that he was a guy(LOL), but after the grandma tells them all seem very determined to get it on

Imo they overdid the nosebleed... it is funny only while it is not overused. I get the feeling he will be bleeding 25/7 (yes, i know i wrote 25 there).

Also - demanding more fanservice *cough* No, seriously - i think a show like this could use some more (Though lets see what the DVD version does about the fog, water and other stuff ).

The guy is a typical "loser" who gets a nosebleed just by looking at a girl... Though i guess we would end up with a hentai if that wouldn't be the case here

The comedi is a hit-or-miss kinda thing.

As the only harem show of the new season (at least so far), this is definitely a keeper.
Old 2007-04-07, 18:36   Link #88
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Indeed, i've been missing the good old harem shows where it's just 1 guy being chased after by a multitude of girls... These days harem anime are trying to hard to put meaning in their shows, where i just watch it for the fun ride...

I really hope it doesn't take 25.5 ep to get ikuto and suzu to admit they like each other, but from the manga it seems due to a lack of men on the island suzu is really slow in realising her feelings are that of love...
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 18:49   Link #89
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

My dream for fanservice harem anime is that one day they'll all be really well animated. That way, when they're not redeemable for their plot or characters, at least they'll be easy on the eyes.

Ep 1.

I'm not adverse to a good old fashion fanservice harem anime these days as I was a few years ago. Maybe they're getting better (read: funnier), or maybe my tolerance for them is increasing, but I couldn't even watch them years ago. These days, I enjoyed Girls Bravo and I'm currently thoroughly enjoying Amaenaideyo (there's something about the character interactions in that that makes it rather interesting) for some reason, and I think those two series probably have the model for doing an entertaining fanservice harem: nice animation, don't take themselves too seriously, and characters that click. On the first ep, I think Nagasarete Airantou is missing the first and third of those.

I can see the insane-girls-chase-hapless-guy joke getting very old and stale very quickly. Hell, I rolled my eyes even when I saw it in the OP, since I immediately saw it'd become a regular thing. Not really much to say on the characters yet, since all we've seen from them is antics (and that there's a crapload of them, which is always a bad sign in this sort of series, IMO). I didn't like the animation at all. Some of the corner cutting in the more frantic scenes reminded me of Gainax's style of SD, where more of the lines and corners are sharp, and it's never been a style I really liked (obviously it's not something that's exclusive to Gainax, but I suspect that they had a big part in pioneering it). There's good SD and there's bad SD, and I think this fell into the latter. The rest of the art and animation is very simple, but that's something that I wish would take greater priority in a series that will almost inevitably not have a great plot or characters.

Overall, I can see this being pretty poor, but I'd be surprised if it turned into one of the worst things I've seen. There's still a chance it'll have a bit of redeemable comedy and fanservice, but that remains to be seen at this stage.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 18:56   Link #90
holyman282

I guess it really a depends on personal preference, me i personally like these types of antics and girls chasing a guy doesn't get stale for me.... In case though you are worried about it being constantly just the girls going after ikuto for 26 ep then don't worry, after a few eps the girls still want him, but the show I reckon centres around suzu and the confusion she feels when she develops feelings for him, but can't realise it due to the fact she has no experience with men....
Old 2007-04-07, 19:05   Link #91
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The manga also implies that there's more to Ikuto's beaching than meets the eye (the anime first ep puts forth the implication even earlier). That and the manga does so much building up for,

Spoiler for manga:

that it's impossible that we won't see something come out of it.
Old 2007-04-07, 19:08   Link #92
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Well, i highly doubt we will get 20 eps that focus mainly on Suzu's feelings I bet there will be at least a few scenes each ep with the girls chasing him... with the "why do i feel irritated when they chase after him" (and variations forms of this) from Suzu's part

For me jokes like that do get old. If you do a crackshot plot at least be creative about it, not recycle the same 3 themes over and over again ... not saying it is going to turn out like this, but i fear it might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
The manga also implies that there's more to Ikuto's beaching than meets the eye (the anime first ep puts forth the implication even earlier). That and the manga does so much building up for,

Spoiler for manga:

that it's impossible that we won't see something come out of it.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-07, 20:24   Link #93
holyman282

I doubt ikuto and misaki is blood related, although while i was reading the translated manga he did say something like:

Spoiler for manga:

Not sure if using that word implies that misaki has romantic feelings for her brother, or just a sisterly affection, if it's the latter then i pray that they are not blood related...... Although i feel that if it's sisterly affection using that word
Spoiler:

isn't the best word to use as it might cause some misunderstanding, as it did with suzu.
Old 2007-04-07, 20:48   Link #94
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Pretty funny harem anime. More to the mindless (really really mindless) fun and comedy.

Let see if it ll manage to keep the humour up for the rest of the series.
Old 2007-04-07, 20:52   Link #95
holyman282

The joke that i found to be extremely overused in this anime/manga would have to be the nosebleeds, it's funny the first time, but seeing him almost die everytime he comes into contact with naked girls gets lame after a while, not to mention it's a bit disgusting and disturbing....

Other than that i find all the humour in the manga/anime to be extremely funny. The nosebleed just really annoys me and everytime i see ikuto go red i know what's coming next...
Old 2007-04-07, 20:59   Link #96
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler:
Not sure, actually. Probably is.

As for the nosebleeds, Ikuto's nosebleeds are special because they serve a practical use at one point,

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-04-07, 23:55   Link #97
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Reading the latest scanlated chapter of the manga, I realize that describe this as a harem series would not be entirely accuarate. It's mostly pure comedy, with the harem setup being just another part of the gags.

I'll have to re-read the manga to be able to tell why it keeps me interested, but it certainly is not the harem part. Probably it's the secrets of the island (yes, it has secrets).

i.e. Who is the Lord of the West

EDIT: almost pointless shop:
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 00:38   Link #98
iwubanime
FMP wubber

It was kinda fun. However I do feel like I'm not enjoying the random humor series more and more as I watch more series like that. I can't stand shows like excel saga, 2x2 etc.

For the manga viewer: does it continue to have lots of randomness to it? I didn't mind the occasional random thing in Love Hina, but that also had somewhat of a plot.

In any case, viewing my lovely XVID version would not be possible without Ayako so a big thanks goes out to them.

I do give this series lots of pluses if it ends up having romance between the two leads

Last edited by iwubanime; 2007-04-08 at 01:06.
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:24   Link #99
Honey_and_Cleaver

The story starts off from a happy ending. WOW!! A MIGHTY HAREM ANIME!! It should beat Negima! But one thing why it cant, is because all the girls look almost the same!!

I cant say which is better, Negima or this. La la la la anime, where anything bad happens to the male lead is just making his life exciting but nothing really bad to expect. Secrets are to top on off again in the excitment.

Im usually not into harem unless i like the male lead, but 100% of the animes have stupid male lead. As this anime is an harem genre, i give compliments to how harem it is.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:36   Link #100
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I doubt ikuto and misaki is blood related, although while i was reading the translated manga he did say something like:

Spoiler for manga:

Not sure if using that word implies that misaki has romantic feelings for her brother, or just a sisterly affection, if it's the latter then i pray that they are not blood related...... Although i feel that if it's sisterly affection using that word
Spoiler:

isn't the best word to use as it might cause some misunderstanding, as it did with suzu.
Spoiler:

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen