AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-19, 00:05   Link #39701
Eratas123

How? The only thing I can think of is flinching, and that looks more like he's getting hurt rather than embarrassed.
Old 2013-01-19, 00:09   Link #39702
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Sure, I guess I'll continue with him not getting blushing and nosebleeds given his lack of blood.
Quote:
How? The only thing I can think of is flinching, and that looks more like he's getting hurt rather than embarrassed.
How about he flinch and disturbed by his inability to express some physical emotion while his mental emotion works just fine?

Quote:
Anyways, I'm asking because many reviewers seem to clamor for a romance. And I'm left thinking to myself "Wait a minute, wouldn't this be necrophilia?". The lack of blood will be very problematic if they get into a relationship of a more.....delicate level. What do you think?
You could always say no, not like Alex Mercer or Shirou Emiya go for that route either.

Quote:
To be on topic: How good is Ichika's cooking skills in canon?
He's very excellent when he bother to try, probably better than HerrSue Tatenashi, since he mostly stick to practical food. (due to his laziness and House Husband nature)
Old 2013-01-19, 00:12   Link #39703
demino_hellsin
That one guy

something really small, like: looking away, biting his lip, locking jaw, Ichika's infamous fist clenching, etc.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 00:17   Link #39704
Eratas123

@ Demi - I'll go with lip biting Also, when did Ichika clench his fists? I've never seen it.

@ Senpai - Part of the story is that he becomes more human like both emotionally and physically. Unlike Alex Mercer who retains his viral biology throughout, the Undead does get more and more 'normal' due to his time staying with Louise.

Anyway, I guess I can simply focus on the emotional aspects of romance if I have to. I'm more interested in looking at the politics and monarchy, along with showing character arcs and reflections. What differentiates purity from innocence and good? How about Darkness and evil? I want the readers to question this.

Also, do we ever see him actually cook anything?
Old 2013-01-19, 00:22   Link #39705
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Exactly... it was only shown in the very beginning with Cecilia fight. Chifuyu points out the fist clinching is something Ichika does when he's about to mess up... we never see it again... ever.
Old 2013-01-19, 00:27   Link #39706
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Demi - I'll go with lip biting Also, when did Ichika clench his fists? I've never seen it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Exactly... it was only shown in the very beginning with Cecilia fight. Chifuyu points out the fist clinching is something Ichika does when he's about to mess up... we never see it again... ever.
Hey, you know Izuru, the brilliant writer with very bad memory.

And I'm honest here, he often think of great plot point but tend to forget the implementation and continuation phase.

And the less said about his Twitter, the better

Quote:
Also, do we ever see him actually cook anything?
I dunno, V4? Though he had it takes to be a world-class chef, the tongue's ability to recite the recipe to the tiniest detail.
Old 2013-01-19, 00:34   Link #39707
Eratas123

@ Senpai and Demi - In a typical fantasy RPG world, who would win a duel between one who can control any weapon he touched and one who can control any animal? The wham chapter for Dark of Zero has this kind of parameters.

Also, any idea what Volume 8 is about? Will we finally get some plot and backstory?
Old 2013-01-19, 00:42   Link #39708
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Honestly, I don't know. Saito in original ZnT is a flat out gamebreaker because it extend his ability to freaking Rocket launcher, Heavy Tank, and top end WWII fighter, which is FLATLY superior than anything less than legendary mage or mythical creatures. Say if the beast tamer is able to call a legendary dragon, then the result is less curbstomp.

All I knew about V8 is it has Chifuyu for cover... and nothing else.
Old 2013-01-19, 00:44   Link #39709
Eratas123

Well, none of that modern day tech. Just Typical fantasy weapons versus typical fantasy creatures. The Undead isn't from earth, so the most advanced tech he has access to is a crossbow with a scope; nothing too gamebreaking.

And the IS unit in the background is White Knight?
Old 2013-01-19, 00:47   Link #39710
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

But he still able to use legendary sword right?

Yeah, that one.
Old 2013-01-19, 00:48   Link #39711
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Dark RPG has animal controller winning. You may know how to use excalibur, but it's not like you can use it at all. Controlling mythical animasl however... like a dragon or something.

Plus animal control means you have a friggin wall of rats to act as your meatshield while you rush the gunner.

So more or less, weapon controller is limited by what he has on hand and what is physically possible with the weapon. Animal controller is limited by what's around and his own imagination.
Old 2013-01-19, 00:59   Link #39712
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's depends on how you play it, as Saito demonstrates, 3000 scattered infantryman is just that, take out their leader and BOOM.

Besides, Modern RPG tend to play One Man Army aspect without problem.
Old 2013-01-19, 00:59   Link #39713
Eratas123

@ Demi and Senpai - So animal controller wins? Fine with me. I don't really care who wins between Undead and Julio since they're just fighting out of anger.

Anyway, anybody know what a manticore is? How strong is it?

Also, new idea: An IS that's not humanoid in shape. To anybody who played MGS4: Kind of like Crying Wolf's suit that was a wolf shaped mech that had a mounted railgun.
Old 2013-01-19, 01:00   Link #39714
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Question for Houki, is she the type to challenge a rival swordsman granted that she sees they possess sword proficiency close to hers, if not equal or greater?

@Eras
Seeing as we have(had) a Doc-Ock IS, a four-legged wolf type doesn't seem that far-fetched.
Old 2013-01-19, 01:02   Link #39715
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: Think a lion that has a scorpion tail and can breathe out poison... that's not gonna do much against an undead that doesn't breathe or have regular body functions unless it's corrosive.

@stratos: that would've been nice. But we know Izuru doesn't follow the standard formula
Old 2013-01-19, 01:04   Link #39716
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

And now that I look at it again. That thing does look like a potential Golem chassis 0.0
Old 2013-01-19, 01:07   Link #39717
Eratas123

@ Demi - The Undead has a secret weapon: A monster form that fires balls/waves of literal darkness and corrution. Unfortunately he can't control it, so the one time he uses it during the battle of saxe gotha (the one time Saito died) he ended up decimating the entire army by accident and nearly killing himself.
Old 2013-01-19, 01:09   Link #39718
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Or he can just slay the manticore, clock Julio and then get declared the win while Julio struggles with the fact that he didn't notice he was fighting a walking corpse and using poison against the reanimated in hindsight, is a very bad idea.
Old 2013-01-19, 01:10   Link #39719
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Also, new idea: An IS that's not humanoid in shape. To anybody who played MGS4: Kind of like Crying Wolf's suit that was a wolf shaped mech that had a mounted railgun.
I have that for Chinese Male OC, it's tiger themed, to accompany ShenLong's dragon theme. And you drove it like a motorcycle.

And yes, I have seen enough video of Crying wolf too, for inspiration.

Wonder if I'd just have Dan use a literal expy of that wolf exosuit instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
And now that I look at it again. That thing does look like a potential Golem chassis 0.0
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Question for Houki, is she the type to challenge a rival swordsman granted that she sees they possess sword proficiency close to hers, if not equal or greater?
Pre gospel = Definitely.

Post Gospel = if Ichika's concerned, otherwise, no.
Old 2013-01-19, 01:19   Link #39720
Eratas123

Poison works on the Undead If you've played dark souls, then you'll know poisoned is a ginormous pain in the buttocks.

Oh, and he fights a manticore only when fighting against Louise's mother. Damn woman is a walking gamebreaker and not even a storm of baldes and fire was enough to stop her from demolishing the Undead.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest