Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-02-17, 18:24   Link #1
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Water Cooling

Well i'm saving up for my future AMD Bulldozer Build which will be used for gaming and moderate to extreme overclocking of the CPU and GPU.
I plan on using cooling this build with water(looping the CPU and GPU only) I just wanted to know if anybody here have any experience with water cooling as I am a complete noob( Using H50 to cool my Q6700) and help with telling me what parts and other stuff I will need for the build and tips etc . Case recommendations are also welcomed .

Been doing a little browsing and I cam across this <-- Any opinions about this

Last edited by King Lycan; 2011-02-17 at 18:43.
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 19:51   Link #2
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

watercooling is overpriced and overrated, hope this helps
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 20:33   Link #3
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

All opinions are welcomed
Why do you believe so ?
Old 2011-02-17, 21:54   Link #4
Random32
Also a Lolicon

water cooling is for:
-overclocking until you'd be lucky to get a year's worth of use out of your components
-showing off a LAN parties
-complete silence

The first, I wouldn't recommend, as you would be throwing away components. The second is pointless since someone will always have a cooler rig that you do. The third one is useful, but it doesn't seem to be what you are after.

I would recommend high end air cooling. I can overclock my Athlon II X3 to the maximum "safe" volts on aftermarket air assuming 2~3 years of heavy use. I might be able to push it a bit more with water, but I don't think its worth it, building and maintaining a liquid cooling setup isn't worth it imho.

If you really want to go on, a few hints:
- look at what people say about the mobo you are planning to use, sometimes the mobo relies on the CPU fan blowing air over the chipset heatsinks to cool them, with water, you lack this airflow and should put a water block on your chipset.
- ATX Full Tower. Anything smaller will be really hard, especially for a first timer. I think the Cooler Master HAF series are awesome, though I have no experience doing a water cooling loop in one, they seem to advertise its awesomeness for liquid cooling. I also have heard good things for the Cooler Master COSMOS 1000 in regards to liquid cooling setups.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote