AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-18, 06:50   Link #41
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Hmm, anime's i hate. Inu Yasha is horribly overrated along with HnG. Sister Princess is boring and just plain disturbing. G Gundam and SD Gundam spit on the greatest franchise known to man, ok i love Gundam, but still both are a waste of Gundam goodness. Ikkitousen was such a let down and i agree the plot could have been something pretty good. E's Otherwise if left as is fricken sucks and wasted my damn time. If a second season comes out, then i will change my tune, well if it is good. ok and about dbz, meh i don't hate it or love it. I just watch it, it is afterall what got me interesting in anime back in the day, along with most people and don't even deny it cause you know it's true.
Old 2003-12-18, 06:59   Link #42
Joe Dalton

inuyasha is a fun show
Old 2003-12-18, 10:32   Link #43
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
wow... now that was something that I never expected

I suppose you hated the fact that it was confusing as hell and really 'messed up'?
Or maybe because it used all that god**mn pretentious, pseudo-Christian imagery that made me want to barf. Plus, it made perfect sense, it was just stupid. I would have put it on my list, but I thought Episode 26 was hilarious and nearly justified the entire series.
Old 2003-12-18, 12:43   Link #44
Esperchld
Photographer

Thank you ashibaka, you said almost of the reasons I hated Evangelion. It wasn't confusing, and it wasn't really all that 'messed up'. It was just plain old stupid on the religious imagery. And lets not mention the predictability of the series, it was kinda sad. I enjoyed the last 2 episodes and the part where people blow up in death/rebirth (?)
Old 2003-12-18, 13:19   Link #45
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
there are just four anime's I simply won't show to my worst enemy.

1: Pokémon
2: Digimon
3: Chin Chan
4: Metabots

Nuff said..
Old 2003-12-18, 13:45   Link #46
Joe Dalton

waaaaaah? how did my name get in that quote exactly?
Old 2003-12-18, 14:19   Link #47
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperchld
Thank you ashibaka, you said almost of the reasons I hated Evangelion. It wasn't confusing, and it wasn't really all that 'messed up'. It was just plain old stupid on the religious imagery. And lets not mention the predictability of the series, it was kinda sad. I enjoyed the last 2 episodes and the part where people blow up in death/rebirth (?)
cuz you cant translate japanese public references
Old 2003-12-18, 23:35   Link #48
Caddberry

Send a message via AIM to Caddberry
You know what bugs me about a lot of anime.. When there are these hot women and these dumb guys that act like whiny bitches.. Like Shinji in Evangelion.. just an example.. I really didnt like Evangelion either (for mostly the reasons already listed)... Or pokemon or Inyuyasha.. & DBz sucks ass IMO.. HOWEVER.. I have never seen the japanese version.. just the crappy cartoon netowrk version and that goes for a few other animes too.. although i dont watch much cartoon network.. I will give you the benifit of the doubt that its just Dubbing and the Crappy country i live in that ruined Dbz for me.. When i saw the cartoon network version of Kenshin i wanted to vomit so i could maybe see your point..
Old 2003-12-19, 00:01   Link #49
bluerose
Mada Mada Dane

pokemon, digimon ...baisically anything with the word "mon" in it. Also Gundam Wing and Love hina yuck...
Old 2003-12-19, 00:30   Link #50
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
waaaaaah? how did my name get in that quote exactly?
Ah, the guy who wrote the OP quoted incorrectly, I think the forum got confused
Quote:
cuz you cant translate japanese public references
WTF does that mean
Old 2003-12-19, 01:22   Link #51
Thelastguardian

JOJOS'STAR: nice avata, show a bit more and all the people passing behind me will think I am a hentai otaku (not that guy) going on a hentai forum .

How does esp26 of evang. enjoyable? I found the rest of the series' psychology symbols much more interesting. (I took psychology and evang's symbols corrospond them prefectly).
At the end, everyone are a bunch of screws up.
Yet I agree Eva is design to mess your brain up

Well for DBZ I think if I am the producer, I could shrink it to 12 or 24 esp! Imagin that goku got beat up, meet vageta and goes off to finish freezer in 5 esp. One for gohan fighting, one for androids and whats left of freezer, two for cells, and three for the pink dude (forgot his name). It would fit perfectly!!

Monster Rangers (even worse than pokedude i am telling u)
sailormoon (sailormoon's high dub voice shatter my eardrums)
and etc.
Old 2003-12-19, 01:47   Link #52
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
I didn't like Evanegelion, but I don't consider it to be one of the worst out there. For all of you naming shows that you have obviously seen only English dubbed, I suggest checking out the subbed and unaltered original, before making such judgements. You might really like it. Anyways, here are some shows that were, undoubtedly, pieces of shit and wastes of budget:

Voogie's Angels- Yeah someone said it before, but how in the hell did that crap make it to animation? That was like the worst crap ever. After the crap popped on I knew that I wasn't watching anymore.

Tobira O Akete (Open the Door) - What a sad excuse for an animated movie. Talk about one of the worst endings ever.

Green Green OVA - Man I'm so glad I started out with the show first and not the OVA. That junk was traumatizing.

Weiss Kruez - The first one was awful. Even though I watched it for the sake of being a fangirl, it was just terrible. Je-Bus.

Angel of Darkness)- Typical hentai about tentacle creatures in outer space. Wasn't even entertaining.

Violinist of Hamelin OVA - I heard the show was much better, but the OVA was horrifying.

X the Movie - I can't believe how they turned such a complicated and involved story into 1 hour of torture. Blech.

Sin Sisters - Another really hentai. Not sure it was the right name, but pointless and boring.
Old 2003-12-19, 10:42   Link #53
Muraki
Dreamer

Hehe I havta agree with Weizz Kreuz being....sad....and me being a tomboy...but damn Aya is cute...

Evangelion didn't completely and totally suck even if I want to clobber Shinji to death

Tekken will always remain at or near the bottom of my list along with Pokemon..
Old 2003-12-19, 17:53   Link #54
Kawaii_Sennin
She's a man, baby!!!

Poptan of course, that show makes me so angry !!!
Old 2003-12-19, 18:15   Link #55
jir0
grumpiest when sleepy

mine is firestorm.
Old 2003-12-19, 19:54   Link #56
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Hmm, anime's i hate. Inu Yasha is horribly overrated along with HnG.
Did u just say that InuYasha and Hikaru No Go are overrated? Why you little %$@$*!^&&*%@
Old 2003-12-19, 19:55   Link #57
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii_Sennin
Poptan of course, that show makes me so angry !!!
Erm, Popotan made you angry???
Old 2003-12-19, 20:59   Link #58
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Man, sister princess was really hit or miss, wasn't it? I myself am a fan of Sister Princess...

Shows I really thought were poor were Final Fantasy: Unlimited, and Weiss Kreuz. Final fantasy unlimited because it tried so hard to be final fantasy, that they forgot to actually tell a decent story, with decent characters, and worst of all was the "monster of the week" syndrom that is a tell tale sign of poor direction. Weiss, well, poor budget asside, failed miserably to be belivable. They settled into a weekly routine of "we'll let one of the hunters, who have sad, painful pasts, meet someone who brings happiness to them, and then kill off that character for the sole purpose of making you feel sorry". It wouldn't have been so bad if 24 of the 26 eps didn't follow this routine; after just a few episodes you could accurately guess (about 9/10 times) who they were going to delve into thier dark, painful pasts (which were pretty lame), and who was going to die, all within the first 30 secs of each episode. Not to mention the characters really had no depth to htem at all either. It also bothers me when fangirls try to defend this show as the greatest thing ever.

Doddler
Old 2003-12-19, 21:11   Link #59
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerose
pokemon, digimon ...baisically anything with the word "mon" in it. Also Gundam Wing and Love hina yuck...
Pokemon and Digimon are still ok to me.

Beyblade, Super Yoyo and Crush Gear Turbo are much much worse...
Old 2003-12-19, 21:24   Link #60
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
Divergence Eve
I entirely disagree. You're fucking stupid. You didn't watch all of it did you? If you watched the entire show you'd realize that it's an amazing anime. Please die. Do you feel smart making fun shows you've never seen all of?

The CG in Divergance eve was breathtaking. I almost got a bit to excited when I watched it. The character designs were revoutionary. Not watching the show means you did not understand the entire show meaning you're a stupid fuck.
Closed Thread