AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-05-04, 13:44   Link #101
Depravity

Mihawk mentioned that Luffy has the most powerful ability in the world, the ability to make allies so easily.

In the thrille bark arc, Lola mentioned her mother being a powerful pirate of the new world, maybe it could be Big Mom ? one of the Yonkou.

Maybe Luffy will somehow become friends with Big Mom, and Kaidou as a villain.

It would be interesting if Jinbei joined Strawhats, and conquered the fishman island together, since it is now vulnerable to human violence.
And strawhats lacks a fishman/woman ye?
Luffy and Zoro clashes with a powerful force and makes a "upgrade". Since it is time for Luffy and Zoro to go beyond that 'rookie' reputation and bounty.
Depravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 22:28   Link #102
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depravity View Post
Mihawk mentioned that Luffy has the most powerful ability in the world, the ability to make allies so easily.

In the thrille bark arc, Lola mentioned her mother being a powerful pirate of the new world, maybe it could be Big Mom ? one of the Yonkou.

It would be interesting if Jinbei joined Strawhats, and conquered the fishman island together, since it is now vulnerable to human violence.
And strawhats lacks a fishman/woman ye?
Luffy and Zoro clashes with a powerful force and makes a "upgrade". Since it is time for Luffy and Zoro to go beyond that 'rookie' reputation and bounty.
I share your thoughts regarding Big Mom to an extent, it would fit the picture that's for sure (as Lola comes across as rather ugly and the depiction or sprite of Big Mom isn't too pretty either)

As for Luffy and Zoro clashing with a powerful enemy "upgrading" is rather unlikely. A raise in Luffy's bounty is almost definite though considering the recent events, but as for a raise in Zoro's bounty or anyone else in the crew...I think it'll be a while before that happens.

And I'll pass on Jinbei becoming a strawhat.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 22:42   Link #103
james0246

^Kind of a side point, but the Strawhats were involved with the Tenryubito incident as well as destroying Thriller Bark. So, realistically they should all get increases in their bounties.

Quote:
I've been saying/postulating for quite awhile that Kaidou would be a villain (I even thought he would be the one to kill Moria...but we saw what happened there ). Still, it only seems reasonable that at least one of the Yonkou will have to be a villain. And since Kaidou has already attacked Whitebeard (and Shanks), who better than Moria's arch-nemesis.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 02:10   Link #104
Kallen4life

yep, Kaidou's gotta be a villain .. maybe he, Akainu and BB will be the 3 hardest fights for Luffy in the NW
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 06:15   Link #105
Wrath88
Kissing...

Well, it's for certain that the hole left by Whitebeard has a huge effect on the entire world.
1. Places protected by Whitebeard will be under attack (e.g. Brownbeard)
2. Possibility of the Whitebeard pirates falling apart
3. NW pirates may try their best to replace the hole Whitebeard left. (Not all of them can be under one of the Four Emperors, right?)
4. Hunting of Whitebeard pirates (Seems a possibility, the WG might want to erase those who opposed them at Marineford)
Old 2010-05-06, 09:50   Link #106
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Still, it only seems reasonable that at least one of the Yonkou will have to be a villain. And since Kaidou has already attacked Whitebeard (and Shanks), who better than Moria's arch-nemesis.
Actually, it's unclear exactly what Kaidou did when he attempted to "obstruct" Whitebeard. He may have been concerned about the balance of power, and thus tried to stop Whitebeard from going to war against MHQ. Or, like you said, he could have encountered Whitebeard with malicious intent and attacked him, so as to weaken him significantly and thus ensure that he dies in the war, allowing him to expand his territory and gain more power.

I'm leaning (and hoping) towards Kaidou being a villain, though. And I'm still adamant in my claim that Blackbeard will fill the void left by Whitebeard. If this is the case, Luffy will have to contend with two emperors (Kaidou and Blackbeard), while the remaining two (Shanks and Big Mom) would be his allies.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:29   Link #107
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

why does marco always look like he's stoned out of his mind?
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 05:56   Link #108
Jabberwock

I agree that Lola's mu could well be Big Momma. Can you imagine how much help Luffy would have had had he gone further than he has pre war? Whitebeard would be on his side by virtue of Ace being his brother, Big Moma would be as she is indebted to him for Lola's life plus from the way Lola talked about her she seemed like a nice pirate not a crual vicious one and Shanks is like his dad. Only Kaidou would have been an actual antagonist!
Jabberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 06:40   Link #109
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I agree that Lola's mu could well be Big Momma.
I don't think so.

Or else 3 out of the 4 Yonkou are indeed his allies, and that would make things just too easy.
Old 2010-05-20, 06:56   Link #110
Jabberwock

Well it is still possible, even if it is, Whitebeard is gone probably to be replaced by Blackbeard in terms of how the world view the 4 greatest pirates so Blackbeard and Kaidou will still be a decent threat. I suppose whatever happens next there will be some awesomely powerful non yonkou pirates to take on the role of antagonist for quite some time. If you don't mind me asking who do you think Big Moma might be?
Jabberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:33   Link #111
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking who do you think Big Moma might be?
I don't mind. I think she is going to be a completely new character, not mentioned before.
Old 2010-05-30, 16:34   Link #112
thunderluffy

concerning the straw jhat pirates

what i want to know more than anything in the world where and when will the straw hats meet all up again
thunderluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 23:03   Link #113
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

When talking about Yonkou Buggy was always there, doesnt he deserved a chance to be a high ranking pirate?
Old 2010-06-18, 02:50   Link #114
Distinction

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
When talking about Yonkou Buggy was always there, doesnt he deserved a chance to be a high ranking pirate?
Lol so big no!! Jokes should be jokes. It would go way to far. I mean Buggy doesnt have even a little serious site on him.
Although i would like to see the full potential of Buggys fruit, to bad its wasted on Buggy.

I hope a new Pirate takes the last spot. With Shanks and probably Big Mom ( if its indeed Lolas mom) as allies.

Someone with a mastered Bug Zoan. I mean if we think about it they are theoretical the strongest Zoans because they are exceptional strong in correlation to there bodies.
Distinction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 18:39   Link #115
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Someone from AP forums posted these interesting predictions regarding the appearances of Kaidou and Big Mom. Here's the content (direct quote from the post):

Quote:
Well its easy:

North: Whitebeard (Barbarian north europe style)
South: Big Mom (african, tribal women style)
West: Shanks (american, hawaian surf style)
East: Kaidou (japanese, chinese SHOGUN style)

You will see.
Now take a look at this old picture of some of Oda's character designs: http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8...walk202iy3.jpg

The woman on the left is undoubtedly a preliminary design for Hancock.

That being said, notice the guy on the right of the picture. He's wearing armor and has what looks to be a japanese feudal lord haircut. Perhaps this gives us an indication as to what Kaidou will relatively look like?
Old 2010-10-30, 21:02   Link #116
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
That being said, notice the guy on the right of the picture. He's wearing armor and has what looks to be a japanese feudal lord haircut. Perhaps this gives us an indication as to what Kaidou will relatively look like?
Possible.

The guy on the right hand bottom corner could be from Elbaf whilst the figure in the middle looks like he could fit right in the revolutionaries.
Old 2010-11-06, 12:43   Link #117
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking who do you think Big Moma might be?
I swear I thought her pic was revealed a while back and everybody had a good idea that she was a completely new charter

I have all bets that Shanks is going to fight Luffy in the new world. I know Kaido and Big mom will be tough for Luffy, but since Shanks was the only one in the pirate world closely to White beard in power Shanks is Luffy's real match
Shanks is the strongest man in the world!!!
Old 2010-11-06, 14:03   Link #118
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I know Kaido and Big mom will be tough for Luffy, but since Shanks was the only one in the pirate world closely to White beard in power Shanks is Luffy's real match
Shanks is the strongest man in the world!!!
We haven't even seen Kaidou and Big Mom in action yet. Too early to say that Shanks is the new strongest man in the world.
Old 2010-11-06, 14:12   Link #119
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
We haven't even seen Kaidou and Big Mom in action yet. Too early to say that Shanks is the new strongest man in the world.
Oh yea I know we haven't seen them in action, but if Whitebard was the strongest of all the emperors and Shanks was able to go toe to toe against him Shanks should be proclaimed strongest unless all of the others could do the same which would make Whitebeard seem weak
Old 2010-11-06, 14:23   Link #120
Kallen4life

they didn't go toe-to-toe, they crossed blades once

also, I'm guessing WB automatically became the Strongest after Roger's death (and why was Roger the strongest if WB could match him in battle?), but that was 20+ years ago, he didn't have his illness then

Shanks is ONE of the strongest atm
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote