AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-09, 11:55   Link #25901
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I figure Misaki's actions right now are just her trolling Mikoto again...
Old 2013-05-09, 12:00   Link #25902
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Old 2013-05-09, 12:06   Link #25903
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
So much manliness, instantly added to my list of "manly tears inducing stuffs".
Old 2013-05-09, 12:08   Link #25904
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ No way ... it's true that I'm a Mikofag deep inside, but I don't participate in any kind of war that doesn't have yuri, loli or twintails in it.
Not really participate because I also don't but its really funny to read people troll each other. Really. Some comments are funny when one complains about Mikoto wasting space on the book and other says its for sales but overall its a fun read to waste time and wait for spoilers.
Old 2013-05-09, 12:10   Link #25905
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Quote:
Most of them are laughing it off as an extension of the usual misleading preview summary. A few are butthurt and saying they aren't buying the novel now.

They mostly seem to be blaming it on Miki (since he's in charge of the marketing side of things) and Haimura (since he's said before he likes to avoid spoilers on the cover).
Lesson of the day.

As always don't believe the cover.
I always blamed Miki for this kind of things e.e.

Just like other said, the cover was for the hype of Railgun anime.

Quote:
Not really participate because I also don't but its really funny to read people troll each other. Really. Some comments are funny when one complains about Mikoto wasting space on the book and other says its for sales but overall its a fun read to waste time and wait for spoilers.
It can't be helped. We know its true when you add fanboy appealing covers the books sells more like NT03 .
Old 2013-05-09, 12:17   Link #25906
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It can't be helped. We know its true when you add fanboy appealing covers the books sells more like NT03 .
Yes, but the hype seems to be more justified for NT07 as it does look pretty awesome.

Is it me or has the average length of a volume been rising ever since NT04?
Old 2013-05-09, 12:17   Link #25907
tsunade666

Quote:
It works on harem ecchi light novel so why not use it in Index too. Its marketing strategy. Which is why its funny when the topic of argument is always fall on Mikoto. Really, people
Old 2013-05-09, 12:24   Link #25908
Miraluka
Banned

Well, what do you expected? Isn't she the most popular female character on the Toaru polls? e.e

@Hiss13: Answer yourself, was the hype because of the current content or because the (misleading) premise and cover?
Old 2013-05-09, 12:27   Link #25909
Stufu

Miko-chan is just a bait for fanboy well, the illus seems pretty bad ass... waiting patiently on baka-tsuki for translation

PS*now I'm a lil drunk my english is a lil weird I think
Old 2013-05-09, 12:31   Link #25910
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
@Hiss13: Answer yourself, was the hype because of the current content or because the (misleading) premise and cover?
Point taken. Even so, hype is still hype no matter what it is directed at. While I would rather see hype directed at the content, I can't really say anything without sounding like a hypocrite since I, like most of us here, was drawn into the hype created by the cover.

Although, I just realized...but I don't think anyone pointed out how overly simplistic the premise given by the summary was at this point and time in the series...
Old 2013-05-09, 12:37   Link #25911
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I always blamed Miki for this kind of things e.e.

Just like other said, the cover was for the hype of Railgun anime.
Weirdly, I never thought of it that way. I figured the reason she was showing up so much lately was to hype her for a future role in the novels, just like what happened with Birdway.

Quote:
True that.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2013-05-09 at 13:55.
Old 2013-05-09, 12:41   Link #25912
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
PS*now I'm a lil drunk my english is a lil weird I think
I know how that feels. The worst part is when you're waking up in the morning with a hangover, missing teeth and some random text message from an old man in the neighbourhood telling you to not get near their granddaughter anymore.

Quote:
Ok, ok, got it.
*3 minutes later*
Why is js06 posting the cover of Zashiki Warashi vol.3 in there?
Old 2013-05-09, 12:45   Link #25913
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Actually, this reminds me more of the "Super-Intuition" of Hitman Reborn...
This was the first thing I thought when I saw the whole Rensa blocking his precognition thing in the spoilers. Kinda like the Tsuna vs Strau Mosca fight.

Although, I thought that Touma's precognition was more of a sensitivity to changes in AIM fields, physical fields, and mana flow.
Old 2013-05-09, 12:51   Link #25914
Stufu

Quote:
I know how that feels. The worst part is when you're waking up in the morning with a hangover, missing teeth and some random text message from an old man in the neighbourhood telling you to not get near their granddaughter anymore.
I'm not that bad believe me haha ... man, even though I'm drunk, I can't stop myself checking on Toaru news.... wanna see how NT7 go now.

I feel like Misaka and Misaki appearance will spice up the story and yeah they both are being loved by many of us here. Isn't Kamachi always start with comedic parts before enter the full battle
Old 2013-05-09, 12:55   Link #25915
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ My bad, I always thought people were like me when drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
This was the first thing I thought when I saw the whole Rensa blocking his precognition thing in the spoilers. Kinda like the Tsuna vs Strau Mosca fight.

Although, I thought that Touma's precognition was more of a sensitivity to changes in AIM fields, physical fields, and mana flow.
Nah, it's mostly about him subconsciously noticing some hints in the environment. Good example might be him feeling/hearing the vibrations of metallic objects when Miko's about to fire a railgun, or when she sparks a bit before firing a lightning, or Accel having a "I'm going to transform you into a peace of meat" look on his face before he's attempting to do something, Fiamma's trademark gesture before his offensive spell are activated, intuitions about how certain magician thinks (so when they suddenly disappear it's most of the time to teleport behind the target), etc.
Old 2013-05-09, 12:59   Link #25916
Acer
Death to the infidels!

want a spoiler for Motoharu vs Touma, I want to know if it was a bro-fight, or only Tsuchimikado wiping the floor with Touma
Old 2013-05-09, 13:01   Link #25917
desrtsku
Nympholept

I wonder how many punches and kicks he took this time.
Old 2013-05-09, 13:02   Link #25918
Stufu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
want a spoiler for Motoharu vs Touma.
As far as we know, Motoharu always kick Touman ass this time he did it again right?
Old 2013-05-09, 13:03   Link #25919
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
YESS!!!

*runs to search for it*
Old 2013-05-09, 13:23   Link #25920
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Quote:
>Touma: If I told you this was magic, you wouldn't understand.
>Misaki: Oh? Saying that at a time like this is certainly a lot like you. Althought I am more annoyed than impressed.
>Touma: What? Have you seen magic before?
>Misaki: I don't know anything about that. But I have a reasion to trust what you say that has nothing to do with that cheap nonsense.
>Touma: What do you mean? Have we met before by any chance?
>Misaki: If you are referring to a side event during the Daihaseisai, you are way off. You are always like this. That may be the proper form for our relationship ability. No matter how many times I ask or pass by, the answer is always the same. If I say this, you may get angry just like that one time, but that may just be what I get for having this power. After all, there is no logical way to explain these repeated coincidences.
Miksaki knew Touma before memory lost.

Desrtsku: ignore the accel gay shit. Join the stupid wars with mikoto fans BWAAHAHAHA Index mascot but still can't be compare to Saber.
So, possibility of them childhood friends, eh? If it became true then my prediction that was thought upon way before the reveal of Misaki's name and figure as the 5th level 5 will be true.

If so, allow me this.

Quote:
js06 always alerts the threads of Kamachi's series releases.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen