AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-09-13, 13:00   Link #2041
Arjento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The foreshadowing they skipped could certainly be used as the basis for a recap episode.

As for the references to a certain character, my guess is that it's either a function of either the episode largely being finished and them not wanting to go to the expense to change it; or they figured it'd just confuse people since they removed all the other references, so they decided to go ahead and cut this one as well, and come up with some other way to introduce him later.
I was very surprised they didn't mention this character during the Laxus/Mystogun chat.

Maybe they weren't sure FT would be renewed.

But looks like it is now.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 14:00   Link #2042
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Pretty good episode, altho one little niggle I have is the bit with Gray.
AO stuff has been pretty good for this series so far but I think they took away something when they have Gray looking for Warren, gives away too much I think.

I really love when a series has them little moments that just make ya grin and chuckle, one here being the little bit with Levy being ignored. Funny yet very cute
Old 2010-09-13, 14:30   Link #2043
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

>Mistgun
>Mystogun

His name is friggin Mystogan. At least in the anime.

For the episode the fight between Laxus and Mystogan was the most impressive so far as both of them are about the same in strength. The music during the illusion was scary Going on nicely until Natsu/Erza arrived with the former suddenly being able to hold Laxus back.

Nice cliffhanger at the end and the thunder empress armor is cute. Those ribbons www.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 21:32   Link #2044
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mystogan is good to bad he ran away after Erza look at his face I wanted to see him fight more
Old 2010-09-13, 21:45   Link #2045
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well it's been obvious for a while now, because of his voice actor.
Ehh, it's not uncommon for shows to have VAs do multiple unrelated characters. Miyuki Sawashiro does Ultear, Virgo, and Ur.

I'm also PO'ed that the anime's been blithely telegraphing Mistgun's "identity" ever since they introduced the current OP. Couldn't say anything until now since I didn't want to give up the game completely, but this ep spent the whole Luxus-Mistgun fight giving away his secret as blatantly as possible.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 22:37   Link #2046
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So this third dragon slayer has me very interested and as much its driving me crazy i refuse to spoil myself. It cant be Laxus because of his past and history. The only thing i can figure is that this is a character that has not been introduced yet and since Happy mentioned fish in the preview im assuming this new dragons slayers element is water. But then again im just guessing with the little bit clues that have been left. I thought dragon slayers all had similar past and were basically raised by their dragons so it cant be Laxus. Its going to be a long wait im starting to get impatient all ready.
Old 2010-09-14, 02:00   Link #2047
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
>Mistgun
>Mystogun

His name is friggin Mystogan. At least in the anime.
Manga fans are used to the original names (Gazille, Luxus, Mistgun, etc.) but as long as they get the point across, I don't really care no matter which name people use. After all, different fansubbers use different names, so they all end up in the thread.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-09-14 at 02:25.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 02:53   Link #2048
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Manga fans are used to the original names
They're hardly 'original' names, when it was just the translator guessing how they were spelt. What we get in the anime are the official spellings.
Old 2010-09-14, 08:59   Link #2049
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Ehh, it's not uncommon for shows to have VAs do multiple unrelated characters. Miyuki Sawashiro does Ultear, Virgo, and Ur.

I'm also PO'ed that the anime's been blithely telegraphing Mistgun's "identity" ever since they introduced the current OP. Couldn't say anything until now since I didn't want to give up the game completely, but this ep spent the whole Luxus-Mistgun fight giving away his secret as blatantly as possible.
Yeh they were, if they wouldn't have showed Mystogan's face, I definetly would have made a comment abot him being Jellal or really similar.
Old 2010-09-14, 10:12   Link #2050
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
They're hardly 'original' names, when it was just the translator guessing how they were spelt. What we get in the anime are the official spellings.
Considering the fact that manga came out first and the official names came out later, the former are indeed original, regardless of how correct they truly are. And besides, the translation groups had agreed to a certain range of variations, even before the official names were out.
Old 2010-09-14, 12:56   Link #2051
Arjento

Quote:
Considering the fact that manga came out first and the official names came out later, the former are indeed original, regardless of how correct they truly are. And besides, the translation groups had agreed to a certain range of variations, even before the official names were out.
Unless the author himself wrote the names in english in the manga, I guess the subs by Crunchyroll are as official as you can get.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 13:00   Link #2052
amjzz

Talking about the spelling of the characters names:

Shouldn't jubia name be lluvia?. Considering that the mangaka uses spanish names in their mangas, lluvia (that means rain in english) is a name that fits her character (a rain woman) better.

Mistogan name shouldn't be mistgun?. Considering that the character like to be misterious, having "mist" and "gun" in his name sounds fitting.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 13:38   Link #2053
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Talking about the spelling of the characters names:

Shouldn't jubia name be lluvia?. Considering that the mangaka uses spanish names in their mangas, lluvia (that means rain in english) is a name that fits her character (a rain woman) better.

Mistogan name shouldn't be mistgun?. Considering that the character like to be misterious, having "mist" and "gun" in his name sounds fitting.
In anime, Revy/Levy are popular names for female characters. It's usually the short form of Rebecca even though no one ever calls Rebeccas "Rebi" in the west. They are usually called "Becky."

Levy McGarden should be Becky McGarden.

Mistgun doesn't fit Mystogan. Mystogan sounds like a totally plausible wizard name. Mystogan doesn't use guns and he doesn't use mist. It just sounds cool like Gandalf, Etrigan, Mordo, or Dormammu. What the hell do most badass Wizard names actually mean? Natsu's master is called Dragneel(correction: Igneel)... Neal the Dragon?

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-09-14 at 18:16.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 14:29   Link #2054
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
It's spelled "mysterious" not "misterious".

Mystogan is a mysterious mystic that uses neither mist, nor guns, so Mystogan is a much more fitting name for this mystery man whose name in Japanese is written misutogan.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 15:57   Link #2055
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Natsu's master is called Dragneel... Neal the Dragon?
Dragneeli is Natsu's last name, Igneel is his master dragon, the one of fire (ignition comes to mind). As for Mistgun, he uses sleep magic, which is usually connected to mist.
Quote:
Unless the author himself wrote the names in english in the manga, I guess the subs by Crunchyroll are as official as you can get.
quoting Quarkyboy from page 103...
Quote:
The spellings are, as always, the same as those in the official Del Rey Manga.
I don't follow the official translated manga and I can't tell which are which, so I'll take his word as fact. I didn't intend this to be a debatable matter in the first place anyway (and by this, I mean which are the official names). I was just saying that the official translation came after the unofficial one, so some names had to be used beforehand, and that people may have gotten accustomed to using those instead of the later-released official ones.
Old 2010-09-14, 18:13   Link #2056
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Dragneeli is Natsu's last name, Igneel is his master dragon, the one of fire (ignition comes to mind). As for Mistgun, he uses sleep magic, which is usually connected to mist.

quoting Quarkyboy from page 103...

I don't follow the official translated manga and I can't tell which are which, so I'll take his word as fact. I didn't intend this to be a debatable matter in the first place anyway (and by this, I mean which are the official names). I was just saying that the official translation came after the unofficial one, so some names had to be used beforehand, and that people may have gotten accustomed to using those instead of the later-released official ones.
Sorry... yeah, yeah... it's Igneel. And Natsu's surname is Dragneel. Anyhow, the names don't have to mean anything, as Dragneel and Igneel are both totally made up.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 13:44   Link #2057
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Spoiler for episode 46:
Old 2010-09-16, 15:47   Link #2058
kitten320

^Tags are not needed anymore

Well it was stated a lot of times that Natsu has a chance against Laxus.
Old 2010-09-16, 16:00   Link #2059
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Tags are not needed anymore
I'm just being cautious for the people who are late watching new episode like myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well it was stated a lot of times that Natsu has a chance against Laxus.
Yeah, but Laxus also said that Natsu has no chance of winning against him. Ah, who to trust...
Old 2010-09-16, 17:47   Link #2060
kitten320

Master

Laxus is way to arrogant and himself centred. If he was that strong, he would not have locked out so many characters.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen