Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 21:24   Link #241
MidoriHiME

Really? First person I though of was Takeshi
Old 2011-11-28, 11:11   Link #242
shadowplay
passive observer

Release date 03/29, limited edition comes with Drama CD and OST.

Quote:
 イエティ「ルートダブル」公式サイト
『関連』 雑誌情報より3/29発売決定、通常版6,800円、初回限定版8,800円。限定版にはサントラとドラマCDを同 梱。
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 11:19   Link #243
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
Release date 03/29, limited edition comes with Drama CD and OST.
Really? Awesome! Definitely pre-ordering the limited edition. But if I may ask, where does this info come from? Nakazawa hasn't mentioned it. Was there a leak somewhere? I mean, I know they were supposed to release info on the 30th over there, but it just turned to the 29th in Japan. I know your source says it was on Yeti's site, but I didn't see it there either.

BTW, sorry about not having the sixth part of Nakazawa's interview translated yet. Had to be with my family for most of Thanksgiving week, not to mention I've got projects to work on. On that note, I must regretfully inform you that once again, finals are coming up for me, so I have to suspend work on Never7 until they're done.

But I'll try to have part 6 translated by tomorrow, and on that note, the final part of Nakazawa's interview will be posted tomorrow. I thank all of you for your patience, and I truly am sorry for not having it done yet.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 11:33   Link #244
shadowplay
passive observer

It was printed in some japanese magazine

http://www.imagebam.com/image/2dc92a161648643

Btw thanks for all the interview translations.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 12:07   Link #245
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
It was printed in some japanese magazine

http://www.imagebam.com/image/2dc92a161648643

Btw thanks for all the interview translations.
Hmm... interesting. In the cast list at the bottom, they only list 4 characters (obviously for spacing reasons): Watase, Natsuhiko, Kazami, and Yuuri. Could this mean that Kazami and Yuuri will be the most important to the plot? I know I might be overanalyzing it, given how Kazami and Yuuri are both the first heroine listed under each protagonist, but still...
Old 2011-11-28, 13:45   Link #246
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
BTW, sorry about not having the sixth part of Nakazawa's interview translated yet. Had to be with my family for most of Thanksgiving week, not to mention I've got projects to work on. On that note, I must regretfully inform you that once again, finals are coming up for me, so I have to suspend work on Never7 until they're done.

But I'll try to have part 6 translated by tomorrow, and on that note, the final part of Nakazawa's interview will be posted tomorrow. I thank all of you for your patience, and I truly am sorry for not having it done yet.
Don't worry about it. You're doing us a great service all for free. Don't feel obligated to translate everything really fast when you're too busy to - we should be grateful you're translating all of this for us at all.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 11:44   Link #247
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

The release date and Limited Edition bonuses have been confirmed and the final part of Nakazawa's interview is up... and holy c***, it's five pages long. Well... translating this could take a while.
Old 2011-11-30, 21:34   Link #248
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Nakazawa Interview Part 6:

Spoiler for Nakazawa Interview:
Old 2011-12-02, 00:43   Link #249
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Just wanted to show that we're not the only ones excited for Root Double.

http://visualnovelaer.wordpress.com/...%cf%89-290312/

What's more, Takumi Nakazawa actually linked this post in this twitter. So he is keeping an eye on the English speaking fans... that's good.

I wonder if Japanese fans think we're crazy or something for trying to read something that's already complicated enough in their own language?

All the stuff about the Senses Sympathy System and the RAM System will be explained in the next two parts of the interview that I'm translating.

According to this, the Drama CD will actually be important to the backstory... kinda reminds me of I/O's Drama CD, "Damsel Overbrowse" (which, while not essential to the plot, did fill in a blank left by the original story).

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-12-02 at 00:54.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:16   Link #250
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Root Double will be featured at the next Comiket. At the booth will be:

1. A Root Double blanket.

2. Root Double tote bag.

3. The Root Double Prelude CD. It will contain the short version of the opening, "Double Bible", and also includes the Drama CD that will be in the Limited Edition.
Old 2011-12-02, 23:48   Link #251
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Nakazawa Interview Part 7:

Spoiler for Nakazawa Interview:

Quite the interesting system.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2011-12-03 at 09:48.
Old 2011-12-03, 19:57   Link #252
MidoriHiME

It sounds like a cool system, but difficult, and with so many Bad Endings available, I feel like this game's going to be impossible without a walkthrough
Old 2011-12-03, 20:29   Link #253
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriHiME View Post
It sounds like a cool system, but difficult, and with so many Bad Endings available, I feel like this game's going to be impossible without a walkthrough
Well, after I/O, Nakazawa having a new system or two up his sleeve doesn't surprise me.

For those of you who don't know, I/O had a new system called the "Defrag System", which was sort of a "route unlocking system". What it did was track how much of a route you had completed. If you hadn't completed another route first, you wouldn't be able to see the full ending of the route, just a "cut-off" ending that was basically a cliffhanger to the real ending of the route. But if you had completed a certain route before that route, the Defrag System would detect this, and allow you to see the full ending. Once you saw the full endings of the first four routes, you would unlock the fifth route. However, if you got a Bad Ending in one of the routes after you completed that route, the Defrag System would take away your "route complete" status, which means that it could cause you to get a Bad Ending in another route.

What's more, it also functioned as a "scene unlocking system". There are many scenes you actually can't see when you play a route for the first time in I/O, because they contain spoilers for later routes. In order to show this, the Defrag System marked incomplete scenes and crossed out scenes that you couldn't access yet. Once you had acheived the requirements to see those scenes, the crossed out scenes would disappear, and you could go watch that scene (and those scenes, naturally, were essential for 100% completion, not to mention some contained new TIPS and CGs).

Overall, once you figured out how it worked, it wasn't that bad, but it was confusing initially.
Old 2011-12-05, 19:35   Link #254
myopius

Thanks to GundamAce for translating the recent interview (and everything else).

Well, I'm a bit psyched now. Ever17 had funny parts and emotional parts, while Remember11 felt like it had more in the way of clever prose, but both of them really packed a lot of personality into subtle word choices, which helped me care about the characters. So I appreciated reading the seiyuu say how they really liked the Captain, along with Nakazawa commenting on it, because if you asked me before what I really liked about Kuranari Takeshi, I would have said something really close to what Nakazawa said there about Watase. I find that to be a good sign.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 14:53   Link #255
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

For the next 24 hours, on the Yeti main site, there are special "Christmas" voice clips avaliable for all the characters, like they were for Halloween. If you want to give them a listen, now's the time!

Oh, and sorry for not translating the rest of the interview yet. I'll try to get around to it soon.
Old 2011-12-30, 19:37   Link #256
ramengud

New Promo Video
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/30...aces-in-march/
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 11:16   Link #257
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Looks f***ing awesome. I didn't think it was even possible for me to be more excited for this game than I already was, but once again, Nakazawa and his team have proven me wrong. The OP sounds great as well. Sure, it's no "LeMU", but it's very catchy. Right now (and I am totally being serious when I say this), I feel this game definitely has the potential to be better than Ever17.
Old 2012-01-12, 00:44   Link #258
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

More Root Double stuff from Dengeki: they're now posting profiles of each character, two pages long. The first page contains comments on the character by Nakazawa and Tsukishima, while the second page contains character sketches and comments by Mikeou and eco*.
Old 2012-01-18, 08:47   Link #259
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Nakazawa's announced another update soon. In it will be the ability to listen to 10 sample tracks from Root Double (the composer is still secret) and the first episode of the Beyond*Beyond Drama CD that was released at Comiket.
Old 2012-01-20, 12:33   Link #260
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

*Sigh*... Okay, there's a lot of new stuff today. Let's begin with the shorter things:

-10 Sample BGM tracks are avaliable to listen on the website. They are:

1. Peacemaker/Thema of Yuuri
2. Individualist/Thema of Louise
3. LABO: Security Lv. 2
4. Extrasensory Perception
5. Pose the Question in this World
6. Close to the Truth
7. The Truth is Revealed
8. The Brave Decision
9. Memento Mori
10. Double Bible (Inst. Arrange)

I'll upload them onto Youtube later.

Next, we have some new characters for Beyond*Beyond, as well as the first episode (25 minutes long). The website reveals that there will be three episodes.

Finally, we have 4 new CGs and scenes from Route A. They are:

9. The Start of the Massacre
11. The Slaughter Continues
12. Who's The Culprit...?
13. The Undiscovered Ninth Person

Tags
visual novel