AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-13, 02:40   Link #21
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
The first episode was a cluster.@#@uk all jammed into one thing.
To be fair it was meant to be a recap of sorts, they weren't looking for any awards with the episode.

I for one was glad that they bothered to sum up the "first arc", even if only for the sake of bringing the viewers up to speed on where the story is heading.
Old 2013-07-13, 04:03   Link #22
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
If I pass the first episode as some extremely rushed recap of the original series (and I didn't like it one bit), this second episode was miles better. The atmosphere was sombre and melancholic and it was largely buildup which I don't mind. Slow and steady wins the race. It's in contrast to the original RM which IIRC was a lot of goofing around and silly antics (particularly that desu doll Soublahblahseki or something and that immature babylike doll).

Completely exceeded my expectations. Probably the best pilot episode alongside Uchoten Kazoku actually if I dismiss the first episode as some shoddy uber-rushed recap. Now I'm curious where this will go and if it'll keep this great tone instead of the silly hijinks.
Old 2013-07-13, 08:18   Link #23
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
If I pass the first episode as some extremely rushed recap of the original series (and I didn't like it one bit), this second episode was miles better. The atmosphere was sombre and melancholic and it was largely buildup which I don't mind. Slow and steady wins the race. It's in contrast to the original RM which IIRC was a lot of goofing around and silly antics (particularly that desu doll Soublahblahseki or something and that immature babylike doll).

Completely exceeded my expectations. Probably the best pilot episode alongside Uchoten Kazoku actually if I dismiss the first episode as some shoddy uber-rushed recap. Now I'm curious where this will go and if it'll keep this great tone instead of the silly hijinks.
Unfortunately my fear is that in exchange for this pacing they'll avoid those moments of everyone just living their lives. The dolls having some normal days and hijinks.

The thing I really loved about Rozen Maiden above everything else was watching them just be dolls, and their interactions with everyone else. Especially those moments like when Shinku can't open doors because she's too small. Those moments made the characters endearing.

Frankly if this elects to abandon those kinds of moments in favor of drama and action I'll finish with a very poor outlook.
Old 2013-07-13, 12:16   Link #24
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I enjoyed the hell out of this episode. Because I could relate to it SO much.

Now HERE'S a guy who knows what he's talking about.

Spoiler:

And oh yeah, and his manager sucks. Not only is he an ugly skirt-chaser but "Oh, the register's off 1200 yen, so I'll leave and you guys can deal with it"?
F**K YOU, BUDDY.
I can hear my supervisors from my own workplace screaming in my head.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2013-07-13 at 12:40.
Old 2013-07-14, 00:38   Link #25
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Yeah, that manager's a mega-loser. Someone really needs to teach him a lesson.

Anyway, this episode was much better! It started off a little slow, but once college Jun found the magazine, it picked up and got more interesting. Even now, it still creeps me out that he put that doll (that seems to be Shinku...) together piece by piece... And he was so into it, too.

Also, this was the first time I saw the ED subbed. The lyrics are just as bittersweet and sad as the song sounds. This is why I love Annabel. Her songs often punch me in the heart (in a good way).

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2013-07-14 at 03:02.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:03   Link #26
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I watched the original Rozen Maiden seasons years back and while I enjoyed them, they never really pulled me in to a higher tier of interest and anticipation (except towards the end of the second season, though I guess that's being retconned). This episode really surprised me because I'm genuinely intrigued now for this season. I really like the alternate universe plotline. I'm sure his coworker with her key is going to play some kind of role too.
Old 2013-07-15, 12:23   Link #27
HandofFate

Wow. The setup in episode 2 was really intriguing. Was a bit confused in the beginning, but then was like "ohhhh that's neat"

I forget, did we learn the name of the salesgirl yet? As someone said, he might be one of the original doll users in her younger self in the old timeline, especially since she has a key.

I didn't watch the previous seasons, but many said the first episode was like a recap of sorts?
But now something else went wrong, and Jun in Universe #1 is asking help from the older Jun for something reason?

From the bits of posts, I can't tell if this is a recap, or a retelling or reboot or what.
Old 2013-07-16, 00:01   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Wow. The setup in episode 2 was really intriguing. Was a bit confused in the beginning, but then was like "ohhhh that's neat"

I forget, did we learn the name of the salesgirl yet? As someone said, he might be one of the original doll users in her younger self in the old timeline, especially since she has a key.

I didn't watch the previous seasons, but many said the first episode was like a recap of sorts?
But now something else went wrong, and Jun in Universe #1 is asking help from the older Jun for something reason?

From the bits of posts, I can't tell if this is a recap, or a retelling or reboot or what.
Believe the salegirl's name is Saitou. That necklace was definitely interesting and do wonder if she has a deeper connection to what is going on here.

Yeah, first episode was basically a super recap. What kind of help the younger Jun wants from his older counterpart is unknown, he definitely seems to need him.

I'd say this series is a sequel. But more of a sequel to the manga than the original animes. Since I watched the original anime and didn't read the manga I couldn't go into more depth than that.
Old 2013-07-31, 11:45   Link #29
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Second Tale.

The second episode approached the other reality in such a friendly manner so as new fans coming wouldn't have so much confusion and difficulties to grasp knowledge about the no-winding world with the older Jun.

Granted, hints were thrown carefully all over the place; Saito's necklace is a symbolically example.

What intrigues me the most is that older Jun stopped receiving new editions of the magazine at his address, so I ponder if it is Kirakishou's doing?

The timing when he stopped receiving messages from his younger self in the other world matches almost perfectly when he gets to receive the apology letter notifying that no more issues are going to be sent.
Closed Thread