AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-13, 20:00   Link #821
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Meh:

Quote:
And seriously girls with skirts? The ww2 military stuffs are still there but it’s definitely more fantasy-like imho.
I did say military fantasy. Obviously this game is unreal. Had it tried to base itself on real-life counterparts, then we wouldn't even see women in combat!

That said, most women in military service during WWII wore skirts. Granted, they are not mini-skirts... but hey, I want my eyecandy.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:19   Link #822
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Spoiler for Meh:
Dude come on,

Spoiler:

I agree about the eyecandy….
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:36   Link #823
kyosak
poo

Hmmm how come the OP and ED were cut out of Ayako's fansub of episode 2?
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:37   Link #824
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Dude come on,

Spoiler:

I agree about the eyecandy….
Correct me if I'm wrong but...

Spoiler:

I don't see the anime going any differently.

Not sure if it's the game that's causing me to look things differently but it's interesting how they set out Welkin's character. He's naive but he's not stupid and his reasoning is quite logical. It's probably this mindset that'll set him out as a capable commander.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:44   Link #825
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I think that's been bugging a lot of people. Living out in a cabin doesn't cut it for an excuse; in a backwater like Bruhl, everyone pretty much should know everyone else.
Not really in my experience. If a person is enough of a recluse, then there'll be lots of people that will not know other people. I myself still have LOTS of people that don't know me in my neighborhood, and our house is smack dab in the middle of the neighborhood (yes I'm that much of a recluse) There's also the fact that as seen with Welkin meeting that woman on the road, the people that do know Isara and Welkin seem to have gone on ahead with the evacuation

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:51   Link #826
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

@SoldierOfDarkness I do believe your spoiler doesn't belong in here

well 2nd ep is nicely done, really liking Welkin's carefree attitude is funny especailly when he comments on when Alica tells him to "beat them up"
Old 2009-04-13, 21:09   Link #827
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not really in my experience. If a person is enough of a recluse, then there'll be lots of people that will not know other people.

Except Isara is not a recluse, and Bruhl is a town where people constantly bump into one another. Welkin's situation is understandable, because he came back years after college, but Isara had always been there. We can guess her daily routine would involve shopping at local markets, attending school and do all sorts of other stuff. Therefore, why she needs to constantly identify herself is beyond me. In the game, people knew who she was almost right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
There's also the fact that as seen with Welkin meeting that woman on the road, the people that do know Isara and Welkin seem to have gone on ahead with the evacuation
What a terrible use of coincidence

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-13, 21:15   Link #828
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierofdarkness
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The whole glorifying legends are there and eminent.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 21:54   Link #829
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Except Isara is not a recluse, and Bruhl is a town where people constantly bump into one another. Welkin's situation is understandable, because he came back years after college, but Isara had always been there. We can guess her daily routine would involve shopping at local markets, attending school and do all sorts of other stuff. Therefore, why she needs to constantly identify herself is beyond me. In the game, people knew who she was almost right away.
- Tak
The game scenes do state that does (or did) go to school and took tank driving and engineering/repair courses. This was in addition to the mandatory military training. She was probably the only Darcsen in her classes, but I got the impression that Bruhl was small enough of a town that everyone at least knew a little about everyone else in town if they didn't know them personally. Heck, Isara is the adopted daughter of the town's most famous person! And one of a few, if not the only, Darcsen in town. I'm sure that's worth some notoriety points.

I guess they are really playing up the Darcsen thing before Rosie shows up to do it.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 22:08   Link #830
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Guys, I dont mean to offend anyone, but this discussion belongs here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68272
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 22:44   Link #831
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :

I never play the game(no console) so can only watch the anime .
Old 2009-04-13, 22:52   Link #832
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
Spoiler for :
Its not always the strength of the armor, but the slope of the armor that helped to deflect a direct hit. That, and the angle of the projectile played a role. Such incidents occur plenty of times in real life as well.

Regardless of the factors, it always make me smile when I see projectiles boing off the armor.

- Tak

Old 2009-04-13, 23:28   Link #833
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

hmm, they keep changing so much things apparently lsara was a hermit darcsen in the anime...since people don't know her....

so after seeing so many changes l been wondering...

Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 23:33   Link #834
Copycatken

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Hmmm how come the OP and ED were cut out of Ayako's fansub of episode 2?
It's because Ayako uses "ordered chapters" for the show. You have to download the OP and ED that they released and put them in the same folder as episode 2 and they'll show up in the video.
Old 2009-04-13, 23:40   Link #835
velvet nightmare

soldiers behind sandbags getting wtfpwnt by other soldiers standing in the middle of the street

honestly. it has nothing to do with the equipment difference

and why did the other girl join the militia, wasn't she all scared of fighting?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 00:02   Link #836
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Armour kills made in ep2 were done by dead center hits to the turret [hitting the magazine], body and treads. The Imp. tanks look to be rather blocky constructions with a slower rate of turn compared to the closet super tank. I hold that they were pretty lucky the slope of the turret and speed helped deflect that enemy shell. Would have been a very short show otherwise.

As for the Imp. army getting chased off. was under the impression that they were an advanced scout group sent to occupy an emptying city. Didn't seem to have more than the command car, lots of scout infantry and the 5 MBT for heavy support. Taking a city should have more than that. Probably weren't expecting heavy resistance from a nearly junk brick and the Flower of Death on speed.

Retreating I see would have been prudent. They were an under strength company in a foreign city, and taking 4 to 1 heavy armour losses due to surprise and and unknown enemy unit. This is a nightmare ambush scenario and something I'd avoid.

On another note, the emblem on the Edelweiss is exactly what it is- a flower .Quaint thing to have on the resident death machine.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 00:06   Link #837
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
On another note, the emblem on the Edelweiss is exactly what it is- a flower .Quaint thing to have on the resident death machine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edelweiss.

For those who do not know what the flora is.

Didn't watch the anime, but the flower plays a semi important role in the game. Did they show the scene of Welkin on a hill at the end of the tutorial chapters ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 00:13   Link #838
rpgman1

Edelweiss as the Flower of Death. More like the Doombringer. Really did enjoy this episode. I have to agree with Welkin that retreat is a viable option when you're against the Empire. That Imperial tank shell just deflect of Edelweiss. Can't wait to see Squad 7 though.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 00:20   Link #839
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
If I remember correctly, its to make daddy happy/uphold family name... etc.

- Tak

Old 2009-04-14, 00:22   Link #840
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
soldiers behind sandbags getting wtfpwnt by other soldiers standing in the middle of the street

honestly. it has nothing to do with the equipment difference

I don't think it was because of family obligations, although Susie does mention that her father approved of her joining the militia. I can't remember if the game background info mentioned a reason for her enlisting. In the show she obviously joined the town watch, so I suspect that the same reasons for doing that prompted her to join the militia.

At least in most wars, there is a benefit to joining the military than getting drafted (which will eventually happen if the conflict gets dragged out). Or maybe she's doing it because her friend Alicia is enlisting?
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega