AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 22:24   Link #21
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Perfect Chaos from Sonic Adventure

Fighting Perfect Chaos was annoying as shit, because you had to keep up your speed while dodging every static object and attacks Chaos threw in your way, and at the same time maintaining enough rings to keep your powers up, but it was still a cool boss battle...For starters, you get to play as Super Sonic, so it was pretty exciting and fast-paced...And Perfect Chaos' character design was pretty badass; He was a huge demonic-looking water-like monster that had a resemblance to Godzilla with tentacles, turned all of Station Square into his ravaged battlefield, and decimated Eggman's Egg Carrier II like it was nothing...How could you not want to clash with that?

Darth Vader from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I actually found fighting against Vader a much more satisfying battle in this game than it was to fight the Emperor...Not only were you playing as Galen Marek, one of the most strongest Force-sensitive characters to have ever existed in the Star Wars universe, but it was also fun to mop the floor of Death Star I with Vader's ass...The Emperor was a wuss, summoning Royal Guards every now and then to right you; With Vader, it was all personal...The finishing combo was also the treat for putting up with his shit; Besting the Dark Lord of the Sith in a lightsaber duel was an even more brutal beat-down than Obi-Wan Kenobi allowed on Mustafar, and tossing his half-cyborg body around the room like it was trash with Force Grip and Force Push was giving him a good taste of his own medicine...Sure, Galen Marek eventually died in the end after clashing with the Emperor and never got to kill Vader (If you go with the canon ending; The non-canon execution of Vader in lieu of fighting the Emperor is depressing, I might add), but at least he went out with a bang, right? Literally...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 00:32   Link #22
meh

Most memorable has to be Double Dragon 3(or was it 2?) final boss fight. If only because it was the only Nintendo game I actually BEAT. Never was much of a gamer and generally never made it far in any game back in the days of no save points.

Xenosaga Ep1/Chrono Cross(the Dragon fight, not Schala) also comes to mind. Mainly because I loved the music.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 19:45   Link #23
Seitsuki
Onee!

The fight against Doom Dragon from Golden Sun:TLA was memoriable for me not because it was hard but because the ending made me all smiley and happy xD Dullahan was alot harder but nothing "memoriable" as such.
Old 2009-04-28, 22:59   Link #24
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Sephiroth from KH 1 and 2, this mofo takes me 4ever to beat, once i beat him, i was so relieve, although he is a secret boss, but i consider him final
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 00:01   Link #25
qwertyuiopz

golden sun - doom dragon ... omfg like 10 tries
sailor moon rpg - apsu ... omfg like 10 hrs
sonic adventure - chaos, easiest boss ever but the music playing is so cool
lotr rpg for gamecube - sauron is a bitch
super mario galaxy - bowser is also a bitch
warcraft 3(and frozen throne) - well i cheated for both lol
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 01:40   Link #26
Cio
Otaku

KEFKA from FF VI

I really love the concept where we have a consecutive team to fight consecutive enemy too, and Kefka is really great as a villain that only wants world domination and destroyed.
Old 2009-04-29, 04:34   Link #27
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Problem is that bosses are mostly hard or uninspired and I tend to less enjoy it. But yeah there are some like Vanguard Bandits, Final Fantasy VII, Wild Arms 2nd Ignition or Kingdom Hearts 2 that had pretty entertaining and relaxing last boss battle.
Old 2009-04-29, 05:36   Link #28
Seitsuki
Onee!

warcraft III final mission was more last stand than bossfight :P unless yeah you *cheat* and go for Archimonde (no way you're getting to him without that!)
and how does a relaxing battle make for a memoriable one? unless it was so much so that it becomes the defining feature or smth
Old 2009-04-29, 05:48   Link #29
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
and how does a relaxing battle make for a memoriable one? unless it was so much so that it becomes the defining feature or smth
Well in MGS4 the final fight was pretty easy, but it was the show down that made it epic.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 06:18   Link #30
Seitsuki
Onee!

oh of course. circumstantial drama xD
heh that makes me think of alot more... but it's too late now.. urrgh gonna go sleep
Old 2009-04-29, 09:44   Link #31
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
warcraft III final mission was more last stand than bossfight :P unless yeah you *cheat* and go for Archimonde (no way you're getting to him without that!)
Great music? Great in-fight story? Great atmosphere? Some games are great at setting the mood for the fight. Even if it's not difficult at all. I agree with Crimson Cloud that sometimes a fight can require so much concentration you basically miss out on the event.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 10:52   Link #32
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I was disappointed by the last fight in MGS4. It comes when everything is already said and done, it's not gonna change anything at all. It kind of breaks the mood for me.

BUT MGS4 got one of the greatest boss fights ever made, Rex x Ray. OMG, that one was awesome in every possible way.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 15:48   Link #33
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
twisted metal 2...uh...anyone remember that shit? best game ever,imho. well anyway the boss there rocked, a giant clown head spitting napalm)) and he was hard...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 17:09   Link #34
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Shinobi final boss...that part nearly drove me nuts...
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 18:43   Link #35
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I got to her with not as a much health items and power-up badges as much as I wish I had. I remember having the badge where it allows you to see the enemy's HP. So on like my fifth try, I had gotten her into the single digits after using a Star Power. She then used a super powered attack and beat me. I was so pissed off that I didn't touch the game for a month and half. I did end up beating her eventually, though.

I was almost disappointed in beating it, since I didn't want that game to end. The first two Paper Marios are two of my all-time favorites. I haven't played Super Paper Mario, so the jury is still out on that one.

Bowser in Super Mario 64 gets an honorable mention as well, since it was the first platform game that I beat storyline wise when I was eight.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 19:25   Link #36
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
twisted metal 2...uh...anyone remember that shit? best game ever,imho. well anyway the boss there rocked, a giant clown head spitting napalm)) and he was hard...
Huhuhaehaehae~ No one who heard that can forget that laughter, Dark Tooth and Sweet Tooth are awesome.

People will remember getting crushed by the gigantic hopping ice cream van of death. Giant spinning head chasing you down the subway and stuff.

Sweet Tooth in Twisted Metal 4 was also insane, I'm very sure most people who just started the game will have problems defeating him. Though after a while you get the hang of his Henchmen and you learn how to instant kill anything by 3x Proximity Mines.

My favourite boss and character was Super Axel though, I love turbo crashing into someone or a couple of cars stuck to each other, and releasing Supernova on impact, sending the cars flying miles away.

Damn Twisted Metal was the best vehicle game series that was ever made until it went to PSP and PS2. I played everyday with my friends.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 19:52   Link #37
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
While I enjoyed Twisted Metal 3/4, I think Twisted Metal was in it's original prime with Twisted Metal 1/2...SingleTrac actually knew what they were doing, but somehow 989 Studios decided to take every formula that made the first two T.M. games ergonomically flawless and fun and just screw it all up...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 19:54   Link #38
Marion
The Great Dine

In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (the original, not the 2nd) I remember the first time I went against Remedi. Now after finally getting through her first stage I thought that was it but then when she morphed into this blue monster form I was just ready to die. After that it took me 5 times fighting her again (I wasn't able to leave and go train more - it was basically a do or die situation) until I finally got her. I remember feeling so accomplished - especially since it was the first Final Fantasy game that I beated!~
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 02:38   Link #39
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

-Yu Yevon from Final Fantasy X
How can I forget the weakest final boss ever in every RPG I ever played.....-_-

-Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII
the longest boss fighting I ever played...took me around 4 hours just to finish this boss....-_-
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 03:21   Link #40
AnimeFangirl

Against Ultimecia in FF8, but mainly because I've played that game about 5 times.