AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 19.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.36%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-18, 11:13   Link #121
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

They're probably going for the AmataxMikono end. As much as we may want something different we have no control over it.

We knew that the ending probably wasn't going to satisfy all of us. That being said, I don't have all that big of a problem with it. Would I have ended it differently? Yes. With all the stuff that has happened I would have had them end the cycle, have Apollonius and Touma sacrifice themselves so that way Mykage can finally be with his love and Fudo can end the cycle. They can easily write up a scenario in which Zessica lives through this. To me if they end up killing Zessica or Cayenne or anyone else that doesn't need to die then I would say screw this ending and this show. You have all this tragedy and still have the nerve to have AmataxMikono get together and try to say "Look, everyone else had to settle for what destiny has given them, but the main couple is happy so it's good!"

Have them end the cycle, no unnecessary deaths, Fudo and Mykage together in death, have Amata/Kagura combine (because how else are they gonna resolve the pissing contest they keep having over Mikono unless they kill Kagura off,) have Amata and Mikono share a kiss, but pull a Tales of Xillia. Save the world but don't get the girl. That's kinda how I would end it.

Sorry if this came off like a rant.

How would you guys do it?
Old 2012-06-18, 11:26   Link #122
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
but pull a Tales of Xillia. Save the world but don't get the girl.
Quote:
I wouldn't do it like that. >.> I hate that kind of ending. It's the one, single problem I had with Tales of Xillia.
Old 2012-06-18, 11:31   Link #123
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I wouldn't do it like that. >.> I hate that kind of ending. It's the one, single problem I had with Tales of Xillia.
True that ending did feel unnecessary for Xillia. But with Evol it would make sense. I also did another ending in which they do end up together.
Old 2012-06-18, 11:33   Link #124
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Mykage steals the show . It was so entertaining :] I hope Zen decided to do something. If not... well I guess Mykage being a god is not such a bad idea lol.
Old 2012-06-18, 11:41   Link #125
Zuul

Quote:

Have Mikono ditches both dudes.

They have gone way too far with their obssessions. they don't deserve to be rewarded over it.

It would make sense with some of the theme thrown around. Not that evol has been consistent with the theme so far...

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-06-18 at 11:57.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:21   Link #126
ookamigirl

Enraged Amata vs delusional Kagura.
Those 2 brought Altair to Earth?! That's just crazy weird & dangerous.
Andy raging about Mix.. I'm glad she remembered at last.
Those flashbacks were nice, but Andy's love proclamation to male Mix was totally BL ^^
Looks like Kagura's childhood with Mikage was pretty thorny.
Dark Aquarion sure looked really cool. Can't wait to see the final fight!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-06-18, 12:24   Link #127
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
They're probably going for the AmataxMikono end. As much as we may want something different we have no control over it.

We knew that the ending probably wasn't going to satisfy all of us. That being said, I don't have all that big of a problem with it. Would I have ended it differently? Yes. With all the stuff that has happened I would have had them end the cycle, have Apollonius and Touma sacrifice themselves so that way Mykage can finally be with his love and Fudo can end the cycle. They can easily write up a scenario in which Zessica lives through this. To me if they end up killing Zessica or Cayenne or anyone else that doesn't need to die then I would say screw this ending and this show. You have all this tragedy and still have the nerve to have AmataxMikono get together and try to say "Look, everyone else had to settle for what destiny has given them, but the main couple is happy so it's good!"

Have them end the cycle, no unnecessary deaths, Fudo and Mykage together in death, have Amata/Kagura combine (because how else are they gonna resolve the pissing contest they keep having over Mikono unless they kill Kagura off,) have Amata and Mikono share a kiss, but pull a Tales of Xillia. Save the world but don't get the girl. That's kinda how I would end it.

At this point, it's hard to say.

Everything is pointing to a dramatic Amata/Mikono end. Everything is pointing to Mykage getting defeated in a huge finale.

Even if Zessica lives, I find it hard to see how she can live happily after all of this.

How I'd be tempted to end it:

1. Amata and friends win a dramatic mecha-fight over Zessikage.

2. While trying to recover, Zessikage is confronted by Fudo, who does something to force Mykage out of Zessica.

3. Zessica falls into a deep despair due to her overwhelming guilt, but Mikono and Mix help her through it.

4. Amata and Mikono finally kiss, but it's also a kiss of goodbye, as...

5. Mikono sacrifices her life to bring the two worlds together without it causing destruction (in the process, Mikono might also fuse Amata with Kagura).

6. Zessica's pity for Amata helps her get over her unrequited love for him.

7. Andy and MIX are seen living happily together in a short epilogue.

8. Most of the cast get the "lived happily ever after" bit.

I think this would do wonders for Mikono's character (as sad as it would be for her, of course), and I think it would make people be more forgiving towards Amata.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:26   Link #128
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Have Mikono ditches both dudes.

They have gone way too far with their obssessions. they don't deserve to be rewarded over it.

It would make sense with some of the theme thrown around. Not that evol has been consistent with the theme so far...
I don't see that happening. They kept pushing the Amata and Mikono thing on us for them to not go through with it in the end.

Mikono obviously likes both of them. She wants to have her cake and eat it too. They're gonna probably have them fuse or kill Kagura off.

A while back I would have said the best thing to have Amata fight against destiny it to become his own man. He kinda did in episode 15 when he gained the Detachment Wings power but they changed him right back to the way he was the next episode. There's that inconsistency problem again...

To quote a post I saw on this thread, unfortunately I can't remember who posted it at the moment, but I will give credit when I find them.

"In the end he's not fighting to save the world. He's just fighting some dude over a girl while the world turns to chaos around him." Now, don't you just wanna get behind him, his quest and his relationship?

Korps! has a good idea with the whole retcon thing.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:29   Link #129
mixordia

Quote:

Sousei told the story of a tragic love, didn't have a happy ending, and in EVOL is the same.

in Sousei Apollo sacrifices himself and Silvia gets alone... in Kawamori's anime never has a happy ending, the couples always split up, perhaps only in Macross (original series) had a happy couple, Hikaru and Misa... in Escaflowne, Hitomi back to her world and Van stands alone... in Frontier, despite all the hysteria of the fans of Sheryl, no one stays with no one... even in the OVA. Don't expect a happy ending, a final will be "realistic", as they say, telling us that life is not always flowers, that sucks, my life is very real for me to want that too in fiction, I love happy endings.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:42   Link #130
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Triple_R That would be the perfect bittersweet ending. Kinda like Tales of Xillia. Sorry I've been playing a lot of the Tales series lately.

mixordia They should go for the realistic ending. If things were set up differently or developed better, I could see this series having a happy ending that would go over with people.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:44   Link #131
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Apollonius is Fudo? Actually liked the design of the dark aquarion. Lol Andy and Mix weren't allowed to union.
Old 2012-06-18, 13:05   Link #132
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I don't care how it ends as long as Mix gets her big bangs back
Old 2012-06-18, 13:27   Link #133
Lumir

I can already see an possible ending. Kagura and Amata reunite to become one being.

Fudo and Mikage have some sort of falling out. And seal each other away or something.

The planets reunite like Kagura and Amata

Mix gets her female body back due to the reversal of the curse.
Old 2012-06-18, 13:46   Link #134
mixordia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
I can already see an possible ending. Kagura and Amata reunite to become one being.

Fudo and Mikage have some sort of falling out. And seal each other away or something.

The planets reunite like Kagura and Amata

Mix gets her female body back due to the reversal of the curse.

this end is more obvious, the problem is that they (Kawamori and Okada), changes the whole story all of sudden
Old 2012-06-18, 14:25   Link #135
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post
Don't jump to conclusions too quickly. Amata was blinded by rage and had bigger concerns than Zessica the last two episodes. He did not forget about his parents either, it's just that Mikono came up as a 'topic of debate' during his and Kagura's little brawl. The rest of Neo Deava most likely had their hands busy supporting Andy to retrieve MIX. They are also panicking because, you know, the two planets are about to collide with each other. You must keep in mind the relatively fast pace at which events are happening, nobody really has the time to worry about Zessica at this point. Well, not until they find out that Mykage has possessed her, which they haven't yet.

I know you might like the character but please put things into perspective. To be honest, from now on, I don't expect Zessica to get anything but some closure in the epilogue when Mykage is 'exorcised' from her. Well, either that or death.
Uhhh.. Yes that's exactly what happened. As soon as Mikono was brought up Amata forgot about his rage over his dead parents just like he forgets about everyone else when Mikono is brought up. Amata is a bit dumb when it comes to anything, especially Mikono where the mere mention of her name requires his IQ drop by 100 and he can't stop screaming "No!", "I'll fight my Destiny to be with her so that I can be with her! Sure it's convenient that Destiny is on my side but that's not the reason I like her! Mikono is so caring for the plight of others! That's why she lead me on and still said nothing when she saw Zessica suffering because she's so caring for saying nothing!", or "Mikono-saaaaaaaaan~!".
Old 2012-06-18, 14:54   Link #136
Liquidzero

no need to worry, we all know the happy ending that everyone wants is mix getting her big bangs back. two possible methods for this to happen. kagura's reversal power, or the fact that the destruction of ianthe reverses the curse.
Old 2012-06-18, 15:08   Link #137
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I might be a little late of realizing it now but the thing that bothers me is the talk that the spirit of Jin had with Yunoha in episode 14. He said that his love for her will be stronger after 8000 years, but somehow i have my doubts after the current incarnation gone wrong scenario.
Old 2012-06-18, 15:29   Link #138
Destined_Fate

They better not ruin Jin and Yunoha. They did enough to Apollo, at least when Genesis ended we thought he was Apollonius which is far better than "He was a dog the entire time!".
Old 2012-06-18, 16:40   Link #139
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I might be a little late of realizing it now but the thing that bothers me is the talk that the spirit of Jin had with Yunoha in episode 14. He said that his love for her will be stronger after 8000 years,...
I smell an OVA or a side story....
Old 2012-06-18, 16:57   Link #140
SABER60069

He was just quoting the song which wouldn't make sense otherwise since he also quoted he has been loving her since 12000 years ago unless he is a reincarnation of someone who loved Yunoha's past life

Not that the song actually means anything anymore considering what they did made it apply only to Pollon and Touma

Heck does it still apply to Touma? wouldn't Touma hate Apollonius at this point?
Closed Thread