AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 14 36.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 36.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 23.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-03, 19:16   Link #81
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns on them later, or in a situation where he's under heavy pressure and is forced to pick sides to survive.
Could be, but I will not ignore the possibility if he will rebel , he'll make sure to kill Yakomaru first and have the fiend at his side....
Old 2013-03-03, 19:18   Link #82
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

A double cross towards the end is always a good option but only if you don't see it coming and here... we can see it coming. So I hope they don't do it.
Old 2013-03-03, 22:59   Link #83
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I think he's just out for revenge against Yakomaru. If there is a betrayal toward the humans, it would only be because the weapon allows him to defeat both sides at once. He'd gain power as the "fiend slayer", Yakomaru's defeat would break their morale, and he'd have something even better than a fiend in the form of a chemical weapon that is highly destructive to all humans. It wouldn't matter if Yakomaru escaped and used fiends again, the weapon would take care of them.

But then again I'm still not sure he's even a Queerat. He looks nothing like the rest of his species. And really, the only time he smiled was when the humans expressed the same desire for vengeance that he did. I'm not sure he's trustworthy, but I heavily doubt that he is allied with Yakomaru. Worst case scenario, it's an "enemy of my enemy" alliance he has made with the humans.

The one thing that makes me have doubt of his betrayal is that he seems very honor bound. Warriors code and all that. Yakomaru took everything from him in a manner that was cheap and dirty, the same tactics that were used against the humans. I don't think it was coincidence that Yakomaru used the fiend on Kiroumaru first, and I don't think it's coincidence that Kiroumaru saved a human, knowing he risked capture. He likely knew that even if the humans couldn't attack the fiend, they could could at least keep him safe from Yakomaru's forces hunting him down, which would bide him time to find a way out of his predicament.

The question left is that now that we're down to the clash of two war strategists again, what role will Saki play in the survival of the few humans remaining.

And if I'm not mistaken, did I hear Shun's voice at the end of the preview?
Old 2013-03-03, 23:05   Link #84
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
And if I'm not mistaken, did I hear Shun's voice at the end of the preview?
I believe so... Hope it's not a cop out 'memory' or something. It'd be kind of cool for him to somehow return. Perhaps he decided to go to Tokyo, where his power overflow wouldn't be able to harm others, rather than kill himself? I really liked the trippy art effects with his condition.
Old 2013-03-03, 23:09   Link #85
Kirarakim

I don't know I'd find it cheaper for Shun to actually be alive somehow, I expect it to be a memory, dream, or vision or something of that sort.
Old 2013-03-03, 23:53   Link #86
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I don't know I'd find it cheaper for Shun to actually be alive somehow, I expect it to be a memory, dream, or vision or something of that sort.
If he is alive.. what is he doing in Tokyo?
Old 2013-03-03, 23:58   Link #87
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If he is alive.. what is he doing in Tokyo?
If Shun involve, it becomes a strong team. It's unfair for rats.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Old 2013-03-04, 00:02   Link #88
TimeSkip

In the preview, Shun still has a young boy's voice, so I think it's just a vision or a memory.
Old 2013-03-04, 00:05   Link #89
sonagi

Just wanted to point out the letter where Saki's mother explains that "ironically", the Psychobuster was created by people without Cantus to eliminate people with Cantus.

This seems to suggest that there was human warfare between Cantus and Non-Cantus users.

So my question is, what spawned the war(s)?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on the grisly history of Cantus rulers and their subjugation of normal humans (i.e. killing human assassins, clap or zap, etc).

I wonder if we're going to get a little more history on the matter since I feel like most of the answers to these apparent mysteries are embedded in the past (i.e. Tomiko, false minoshiro, etc).
Old 2013-03-04, 00:13   Link #90
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonagi View Post
J

Basically.... like Gundam Seed... People are so insecure..
Old 2013-03-04, 02:40   Link #91
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonagi View Post
This seems to suggest that there was human warfare between Cantus and Non-Cantus users. ...

The minoshiro library talked about it in episode 4.
Old 2013-03-04, 04:10   Link #92
sonagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The minoshiro library talked about it in episode 4.
How quickly we forget ...

I just re-watched episode 4 and this puts everything back into context.

But then again, even more questions:

1) Still waiting for an explanation on what happened to the remaining two factions of Hunter-Gatherers, and PK bandits.

2) Not sure whether or not the Psychobuster was developed as a result of the first war that reduced the population to less than 2% or during the Dark Ages when the minoshiro states that "PK users were waning ...". This tells me that at some point, non-Cantus users were winning against their Cantus counterparts (i.e. scene when Emperor of Merciless Light is shown dying after human ninja attack).

3) PK is inherent in all humans?? ... it was just a matter of who can awaken their powers? Users of PK only had weak powers in the beginning that dramatically evolved with survivorship? Totally needed this refresher!!!

But then again ... Kamisu's 66th district seemed to selectively breed strong Cantus ability by eliminating the weaklings or children who had yet to awaken. Was this meant to be some kind of social Darwinism thing to ensure their survival?

4) Also ... no explanation as to why the "foreign queerats" attacked Rijin and company unless they were protecting their nest.

I hope the series end will tie up all the loose ends.
Old 2013-03-04, 06:25   Link #93
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Personally, the most brilliant part of this entire final fiend arc is the fact that we have not even seen Yakomarou even once since the conflict started. Everything about the plan is made in reference to him like he's some kind of grand puppet master pulling the strings. We see nothing of him and his actual true involvement in this rebellion other than it being claimed as his brainchild so to speak.

Which will make it extremely intriguing once they show him in the story again, and we gain his perspective on this entire thing.
Old 2013-03-04, 10:53   Link #94
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

Man, talk about Anthrax... the choose of bacteria is lame...
It does have long shelf life though.

Quote:
Basically.... like Gundam Seed... People are so insecure..
Lolwhut....the early PK users were all unstable Akki bombs. You have hordes of those springing out from the populace and you think you won't have the most devastating war ever in human history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't mind that they're going to Tokyo.

But given the context, I would have loved for them to spoof Planet of the Apes.

Satoru and Saki walk past a fallen, half-submerged in dirt, and rusty Tokyo Tower, looking like the Statue of Liberty from Planet of the Apes.

"Damn you dirty queerats!" Satoru shouts, as his emotions temporarily get the better of him.

Huh....If they really saw that, the one he should curse is his own kind.
Old 2013-03-04, 12:05   Link #95
Ingram

Quote:
Satoru and Saki walk past a fallen, half-submerged in dirt, and rusty Tokyo Tower, looking like the Statue of Liberty from Planet of the Apes.
Nope. Can't do that. The Tokyo SkyTree seems to have taken over the Tokyo Tower's position in anime (at least I've seen it a few times now in what I've been watching, with no references to the Tower). So regardless of when the SSY novel was written, the Tower's probably out. Got to keep up with the times! ;p

Given how bare the terrain of what used to be Tokyo seemed to be from the overhead shot, I'd be surprised if we see any bits of either tower's structure, but I probably wouldn't complain if they did turn up. ^^

Now to head off to DHL and pick up SSY BDs 2-4, OreImo, and T&B...
Old 2013-03-04, 14:40   Link #96
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Personally, the most brilliant part of this entire final fiend arc is the fact that we have not even seen Yakomarou even once since the conflict started. Everything about the plan is made in reference to him like he's some kind of grand puppet master pulling the strings. We see nothing of him and his actual true involvement in this rebellion other than it being claimed as his brainchild so to speak.

Which will make it extremely intriguing once they show him in the story again, and we gain his perspective on this entire thing.
Or, we find out Kiroumaru is the actual puppet master

Now there's a twist if I ever saw one
Old 2013-03-04, 15:14   Link #97
Kirarakim

Quote:
I don't mind that they're going to Tokyo.

But given the context, I would have loved for them to spoof Planet of the Apes.

"Damn you dirty queerats!" Satoru shouts, as his emotions temporarily get the better of him.

Hah I did say before, this story reminds me of a combination of Planet of the Apes and the Birds.

I am still also convinced that the monster rats are the lost non-PK users

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-03-04 at 15:30.
Old 2013-03-04, 15:24   Link #98
ChronoReverse

If it's speculation there's no reason to spoiler it. The theory is thematically appealing but they better do a lot of explaining if it turns out to be the case.
Old 2013-03-04, 15:35   Link #99
Kirarakim

I took it out of spoilers but really it was just a courtesy I know I didn't have to.

On another note I expect everything has to be explained. However, I don't think the monster rats being humans has to be explained because it is outside the realm of possibility for the series and I think it has already been hinted at.
Old 2013-03-04, 15:37   Link #100
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Hah I did say before, this story reminds me of a combination of Planet of the Apes and the Birds.
Well, I'd say the story is definitely inspired by "War with the Salamanders" by Karel Čapek (not sure about the English title)...
Closed Thread