AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-01, 08:32   Link #4261
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
With Ise's new Longinus smasher, Rias's giant ball of death, Koneko's purification and Roses sealing magic evil dragons are now irrelevant. Even Crom knows he's done for if he gets hit by Rias.
^ unless he has hidden ace on his sleeve/scale
Old 2014-04-01, 08:52   Link #4262
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

I wonder if Rose was the one who sealed Grendel in the end. If he's not coming back, it would take some pretty powerful seals to ensure it.

Edit: Dang, looking at a rough translation of v17's Afterword thanks to ady623's link, Longinus Smasher is one hell of a powerful move.
Old 2014-04-01, 08:54   Link #4263
Tbolt

That's what the spoiler said she did.
Old 2014-04-01, 08:58   Link #4264
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Oh it did? I just thought it said Grendel was sealed once and for all, lol.
Old 2014-04-01, 09:05   Link #4265
Tbolt

And she has the spell already to seal 666.
Old 2014-04-01, 10:19   Link #4266
Chris38

Too bad that Longinus Smasher is a part of Ise's Sacred Gear powers, which means that it's completely ineffective against Rizevim

Naturally the Great Red / Ophis mixed power doesn't have such restriction, but I think that they probably won't contain as much power as Ise's Sacred Gear related abilities.

After all ... the recent posts and some light rereading to refresh my knowledge about the current state of Ise's abilities made me think that the Great Red / Ophis related abilities are going to be more technique based to balance out his abilities with the power based abilities that Ise has obtained from his Sacred Gear.

Of course, considering the source, those abilities are most likely going to be something on the level of cheating... but, even if that's going to be the case, it wouldn't change the fact that they would be more likely to belong to the technique powers category rather then power based, since like I said above, I think that Ise already has more then enough power based skills.
Old 2014-04-01, 10:27   Link #4267
jopjopjop

Regarding Ophis/GR related abilities...

Ddraig said that there is a "space" or "region" in the depths of the Boosted Gear that was created because of Ophis and GR's power but he's unable to enter that place.
Old 2014-04-01, 10:32   Link #4268
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Too bad that Longinus Smasher is a part of Ise's Sacred Gear powers, which means that it's completely ineffective against Rizevim

Naturally the Great Red / Ophis mixed power doesn't have such restriction, but I think that they probably won't contain as much power as Ise's Sacred Gear related abilities.

After all ... the recent posts and some light rereading to refresh my knowledge about the current state of Ise's abilities made me think that the Great Red / Ophis related abilities are going to be more technique based to balance out his abilities with the power based abilities that Ise has obtained from his Sacred Gear.

Of course, considering the source, those abilities are most likely going to be something on the level of cheating... but, even if that's going to be the case, it wouldn't change the fact that they would be more likely to belong to the technique powers category rather then power based, since like I said above, I think that Ise already has more then enough power based skills.
And that's what Issei need to train next, techniques that are not part of his sacred gear.
Old 2014-04-01, 10:34   Link #4269
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Regarding Ophis/GR related abilities...

Ddraig said that there is a "space" or "region" in the depths of the Boosted Gear that was created because of Ophis and GR's power but he's unable to enter that place.
Where is that mentioned?

If there is such a place, maybe that's where Issei will find his next power up.
Old 2014-04-01, 10:51   Link #4270
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
Maybe, but I think that Ise will only be capable of accessing that part / place, once his body / lifespan stabilizes, which is probably still going to take some time to resolve.
Old 2014-04-01, 11:03   Link #4271
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post

I think that somewhere towards the end of this arc Azazel and grigori are going to find out some weakness of rizviem's sacred gear canceler or a loop hole to get around it, vali and ise have to be the ones to finally take him down they are the main protagonists after all, having someone else like Sirzechs, or Ajuka defeat rizeviem would take the glory away from them
Old 2014-04-01, 11:21   Link #4272
GBFirestorm

I have been thinking but when Issei starts to unlock Ophis/Great Red powers one of them I would like to see is to harden his scales/body of the dragon transformation. Another power I would like to see is regeneration. I mean some lizards can regrow body parts right? Dragons are frequently referred to as big lizards or snakes so I think that would be a useful ability to have.
Old 2014-04-01, 11:25   Link #4273
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
Where is that mentioned?

Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-01, 17:18   Link #4274
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Spoiler:
I can hardly wait to read volume 17
Old 2014-04-01, 18:09   Link #4275
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

What if the power up of issei is something similar of omnimon from digimon, in one arm a design or pattern of ophis with her power, and in the other one something similar but from gr
Old 2014-04-01, 18:47   Link #4276
Parry999

Would that make vali like alphamon?
Old 2014-04-01, 19:56   Link #4277
XFire
150% done

Just noticing the pattern of conversation here, but you guys do realize that Ise will probably never do more than equal Vali, right?

Ise can only keep up with him because he has a bunch of hax on his side, and Vali is still considered by everyone (including the two in question) to be the stronger one by far.

Ise goes through abnormal development which leads to new possibilities for his powers. However, Vali is the personification of a Heavenly Dragons way of life and is the strongest Hakuryoutei ever. If the two were to fight at the moment, Vali would almost certainly win unless Rias was directly threatened by the battle, at which point Ise might be able to force him to retreat.
Old 2014-04-01, 20:55   Link #4278
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Talking about raw power, vali is stronger, but the fact that issei is the protagonist, give him a boost to unlock random things in orders to have an "equal" level with the always present rival, aka Vali
Old 2014-04-01, 20:56   Link #4279
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Talking about raw power, vali is stronger, but the fact that issei is the protagonist, give him a boost to unlock random things in orders to have an "equal" level with the always present rival, aka Vali
^ but you know both of them have plot armor so i think there are both strong
Old 2014-04-02, 01:06   Link #4280
DocBernax2814

Issei current handicap is the inbalance of power in his body which is the result of combining part of Great Red power with part of Ophis power.

To use these contradicting powers, he needs to reach an equilibrium point. And that's when things will be more interesting.

Question: What kind of abilities could Issei acquire from Great Red side and what abilities from Ophis side?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life