AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 04:19   Link #1
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Manga Discussion (Licensed)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (also known as The Irregular at Magic High School) is based on the light novel series of Satou Tsutomu. As of December 2011, the first chapter has been released.

As this is a manga discussion thread, please refrain from posting spoilers from the light novel (even under spoiler tag, but please place it when it applies). For safety, please don't share any fan scanlated or where to get the manga aside from the legal sources (i.e. a shop from Japan).

Anyway, I read the first chapter. I've enjoyed it to say the least, and looking forward to future chapters. For some reason however, it somewhat reminds me of Infinite Stratos...

Last edited by Atrum023; 2012-01-13 at 02:45.
Atrum023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 04:39   Link #2
Xion Valkyrie

Hmm, I think it reminds me a lot more of Code Geass, with the way the main character is setup. He looks like the type that will use his brains to overcome his opponents. He also seems like the serious playboy type (even if he doesn't want to be), which is definitely not your typical harem lead.

Anyways, we definitely need more schemers as main characters, so looking forward to more chapters.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 06:12   Link #3
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
fun read! it reminds me of mx0 + iris zero MC , the way the MC uses his brains because the lacks magic powers.

can't wait for more bro-con sis also i smell a harem XD

Last edited by Ravenblitz; 2012-01-10 at 06:26. Reason: p.s.
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 06:49   Link #4
Belgaesh

There is a manga underway that will tell the side of the sister, Miyuki. The manga translated is the one that tells the side of the brother and main character, Tatsuya.

I'm loving this so far, would really like to see more chapters. The MC is quite irregular, as the name already says and he looks really badass.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 23:31   Link #5
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

i can't say anything definitive from the first chapter, but based on his looks and how he did in the entrance exam (his written score) I'd say he's going to shape up to one really cool badass. The one thing that I'm really looking forward too is how exactly the magic of this world works. The first chapter barely gives me anything definitively aside from the CAD.
Old 2012-01-11, 00:51   Link #6
larethian

Reading speculations of Tatsuya is very entertaining, and I wish for that entertainment to continue.

@OP, the title is wrong. => Rettousei
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 01:23   Link #7
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I'm quite interested in this series. i still don't know just how badass the protagonist is though. The manga will take too long to me until it reaches the end of LN vol. 1 where they said the protagonist pawns his opponent. But this series release like every 2 months or so... It's the type that we better wait for LN English translation or anime.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 02:24   Link #8
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'm quite interested in this series. i still don't know just how badass the protagonist is though. The manga will take too long to me until it reaches the end of LN vol. 1 where they said the protagonist pawns his opponent. But this series release like every 2 months or so... It's the type that we better wait for LN English translation or anime.
First off, it's a monthly series. At least it's in a monthly magazine and probably will be a monthly series. Secondly, you are very close to giving out a novel spoiler; for spoilers we should only discuss up till the latest raw release of the manga, since the title of the thread explicitly states that it's a manga discussion thread. Third, the LN is a pain to translate, so the translator may just drop it, and the manga may get dropped as well (kidding, the group might find another translator). So your best bet is to wait for the anime.

Lastly, I hope you guys like heavy settings... This will be a pretty wordy manga.
Old 2012-01-11, 04:03   Link #9
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

That's still too cruel for the wait. The LN on has 4 volumes so far. I'd love detailed summary instead of translation (reading LN like Shakugan no Shana is already a pain, just reading!) like how they did with Hidan no Aria and To Aru Majutsu no Index. I'm the type that don't mind spoilers as long as it's not detective series.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 08:33   Link #10
tsunade666

but this is a manga thread and not a light novel thread.
Old 2012-01-11, 20:53   Link #11
Athena
The Power of One

Heh, I only read the first novel (Chinese translations stop at 1-First). Though I didn't understand some parts, and the manga is much more clearier in my mind.

Somehow, the setting does indeed remind me of IS. From chapter 1, it seems that it will be something about super-powers+daily live. Index too, maybe?
Old 2012-01-11, 23:15   Link #12
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Heh, I only read the first novel (Chinese translations stop at 1-First). Though I didn't understand some parts, and the manga is much more clearier in my mind.

Somehow, the setting does indeed remind me of IS. From chapter 1, it seems that it will be something about super-powers+daily live. Index too, maybe?
If you are only comparing what the manga has covered, then it's only the tip of the iceberg. The only setting-based stuff described in chapter 1 of the manga are only Weeds/Blooms and CADs. Even the information on CAD is not complete yet. There are more to come. And when I refer to setting, I don't mean world setting, but the mechanics of magic and the fights. Heck, fights take many more pages to explain about what took place than the description of the fight scene itself. And I doubt that will change much in the manga. There's also one page which I took twice as long because I need to do research on quantum physics terms.

Also, rereading the speculations again made me realize you all forget that Miyuki mentioned that no one can win Tatsuya in Taijutsu, so it's not just about brains.
Old 2012-01-11, 23:49   Link #13
Athena
The Power of One

Lare...was the Taijutsu part even in the manga yet? It should be, like, in something like 10 chapters.
Old 2012-01-12, 00:12   Link #14
Belgaesh

Miyuki does indeed mention that Tatsuya excels both in studies and taijutsu, in the manga. But if he is soo good, what made him be a weed/reverse? Don't know if can answer, as this is the manga topic. But there even is a light novel topic?

Edit: Doesn't need to answer anymore, Larethian. I saw your answer to the same question as mine in j-cafe, the one about why he is a weed.
Old 2012-01-12, 00:21   Link #15
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Lare...was the Taijutsu part even in the manga yet? It should be, like, in something like 10 chapters.
LOL, of course. Guess who translated the manga? Like what Belgaesh said. Dear Kira, did you just look at the pictures only?
Old 2012-01-12, 00:26   Link #16
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
LOL, of course. Guess who translated the manga? Like what Belgaesh said. Dear Kira, did you just look at the pictures only?
One can never be too sure, but I really thought that it was you, Lare, that translated the manga. Because one of the notes in the manga suggest that you look in the light novel translation about the meaning of "reverse", as it was alredy explained there by you.

Last edited by Belgaesh; 2012-01-12 at 02:34.
Old 2012-01-12, 04:45   Link #17
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
One can never be too sure, but I really thought that it was you, Lare, that translated the manga. Because one of the notes in the manga suggest that you look in the light novel translation about the meaning of "reverse", as it was alredy explained there by you.
Ah-hahaha. Aah, you guys don't read the credits page. Not that it matters. I hope someone who has read the novel volunteers in time though, so that I have one less thing to do.

Though it must be someone who has read the novel or the terms and subtleties may get messed up.
Old 2012-01-12, 06:24   Link #18
Belgaesh

I really wanted to read the manga, so I busted everithing in one go. Didn't even looked to much into the credits page. Don't know why I didn't remember it when I though that you was the translator. But now I re-read everything, including the credits.

This series is one that I'm most interested in the moment to see how it will turn out.

P.S: Looks like there are now a rising number of light novels that were web novels before. Like: Maoyuu, SAO, Mahouka; remember me if there is more.
Old 2012-01-14, 06:11   Link #19
AlaAlba

loved it to see this one getting a manga adaptation. it is my fave novel at the present. I imagine it would be a one filled with explanation boxes everywhere

on a side note, can we have the novel discussion thread too?
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 06:44   Link #20
Belgaesh

Should we have a light novel topic and one manga topic or should both be merged in one?

Tags
irregular, koukou, mahouka, manga, rettousei, school life, shounen, yuutousei