AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 25 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 18.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-10, 18:49   Link #221
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Their mistake was strenching in the first place.

I would rather they compress two 13 episodes story into one 26 episodes series than strench one 13 episodes story to 26 episodes.
If only they had a second story planned out already
To me the whole of the StrikerS series was badly put together with a combo of pointless fillers and zomg snore yapping and not enough action (which was the main reason why nanoha and A's was so awesome ) - They seriously should have kept this series at 13 as it would be way better to have the pace running at full throttle from the word go than to have it crawl like a snail Just remembering back to how A's started really puts this series into shame ~ (and ofc i want my loli fate chan >__<)

chances of a season 4...well unless they want to sink this series further into hell...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-10, 20:32   Link #222
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I see no problem with this series. Should be stretched 5 more episodes because the fights end in like 1 hit.....
Old 2007-09-10, 21:04   Link #223
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Strikers is the SEED Destiny equivalent to the Nanoha franchise: some thing purely commercially driven with animation and plot taking a back seat for priorities. Think of how many "cabbage" moments we have so far.

Hopefully we well get a 4th season that is back to GundamSaipian style and save the franchise is stead of SEED where Destiny drove it so far into ground they are rebooting the franchise again with 00.

Last edited by Hypernova; 2007-09-10 at 21:15.
Old 2007-09-10, 21:26   Link #224
Fabien

Quote:
@Fabien

Tell me something, have you ever asked around how many people does the some as me? How many people still watch finish a series even though the standard has dropped near the end? Remember, not mid-way, NEAR THE END.
I never asked, but I suppose it's a common attitude. Which doesn't at all mean it's sensible.
Old 2007-09-10, 21:42   Link #225
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
I never asked, but I suppose it's a common attitude. Which doesn't at all mean it's sensible.
Guess it all depends on your personal view point. It makes perfect sense to me to think that way. Doesn't make sense to me that you can't understand it but that's just the way things are.

Certainly seems we are going to have the standard discussion for the next few weeks concerning what they did wrong or what choices should have been made here. I'm not sure if they just should've done more quality over a 26 episode series. Whether they took this season for granted and didn't try so hard. Or maybe they just should've stuck with a high octane 13 episode series and do a nice job with it.
Old 2007-09-10, 21:44   Link #226
Nemesis

Um guys?

ARE YOU DONE RANTING?
Move on already.

I know you get the feeling of betrayal when a series is bad halfway,but we have been ranting about that issue like for a month.
Old 2007-09-10, 21:52   Link #227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Um guys?

ARE YOU DONE RANTING?
Move on already.

I know you get the feeling of betrayal when a series is bad halfway,but we have been ranting about that issue like for a month.

Don't worry, just two more weeks...
Old 2007-09-10, 22:03   Link #228
Nemesis

Perhaps maybe they would learn from this failure.BTW,why was Erio sparkling is the flashback?
Old 2007-09-10, 22:30   Link #229
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
I still believe moving up the episode count to 26 was a good decision on its own, since, on a theorical basis, it allows the story to stretch and explain itself a little more. I wouldn't be bothered (at least not initially) if they just decided to make a 36 episodes 4 season. By then, I hope they had already learned of their mistakes with the direction of the 3rd series .
The budget was clearly so stretched this time. What makes you think a 39-episoder won't look even worse.
Old 2007-09-10, 22:33   Link #230
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

If they end StrikerS with Nanoha X Fate Wedding I will be more then happy to call StrikerS the best anime of 2007.
Old 2007-09-10, 22:33   Link #231
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
King Records... as in the producers, right?

Regardless, I was speaking more on a speculative line of thought, looking at StrikerS's execution of its plot elements, which even if King Records has a lot of say alongside creative control of Project StrikerS, Kusakawa and Tsuzuki are still the overall director and lead writer, right? It's less of a S4 greenlight, but merely a line of thought, that's possible. I am aware that Seven Arcs isn't the kind of studio that can spearhead their own projects without backers anyway.

I just use Seven Arcs as a generalization for most parts.
This is not quite how anime gets produced.

Most people should know by know that most anime are made by first forming a consortium - where a bunch of companies (anime studio, publisher, merchandiser etc) all pitch in some money to get the project off the ground. "Spearheading" in this sense means the member whom puts in the most money gets the most say in the creative process (although most of the decision still has to be approved by the consortium members).

For the Nanoha Project, Kingrecords is the member that spearheads the project - it doesn't matter that Kusakawa and Tsuzuki are the director/writer in this case since they've both hired guns, it's the producers - Mishima and Tanaka (dunno about Tanaka, but Mishima works for Kingrecords), whom are suppose to act in the best interest of all the members of the consortium to ensure that everyone has their commerical interests protected, and of course, that their parent company maximises profits, which in this case is Kingrecords. The writers still have to answer to the producers, they don't get as much say as most people would think they do.

This is how most forms of entertainment are made anyway. Ever wonder why some shounen manga goes on forever? That's because the editors and publishers put a lot of pressures on the writers and made them alter/draw out the stories.
Old 2007-09-10, 22:40   Link #232
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Their mistake was strenching in the first place.

I would rather they compress two 13 episodes story into one 26 episodes series than strench one 13 episodes story to 26 episodes.
Ok, maybe stretch was the wrong word to use, however perosonally I have no problem with a slow paced Nanoha series. In fact STrikerS first half contained many scenes and moments which actually made me think StrikerS was going to be my favorite season out of the 3. Normally I fear the words "action" and "tight packed", when they are used together. I believe that A's could have been even better if they could have kept the same quality while embedding elements from the manga and the Yami no sho/knights backstory, to the point the series became a 14-15 episodes one.

Quote:
The budget was clearly so stretched this time. What makes you think a 39-episoder won't look even worse.
It was just a hypothetical example that didn't take into account economical elements at all. My point is that the Nanoha universe is strong enough for a story to be able to go on and on and on without it being too much of a drawn out, if properly directed.
Old 2007-09-10, 23:25   Link #233
Fabien

Quote:
Um guys?

ARE YOU DONE RANTING?
Move on already.
Move on to what? If episodes 16 to 23 are bad, and then you discover that episode 24 is bad as well, how can the subject be changed?
Old 2007-09-10, 23:31   Link #234
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Um guys?

ARE YOU DONE RANTING?
Move on already.

It's only been a day since this episode was shown. One week of rant per episode, sounds good. Besides, it'll cool down... in a few days. If there wasn't anything to rant about, we wouldn't. There is, so we point it out.

After all, on the School Days thread, the "rape" rant lasted a whole week. No problems there.

On the ship (Asura?), they went "only number 4 is remaining". Did they forget Number 5 (Cinque)? It's hard to forget her, really.

Well, the writers could make this show worse (at this point) by having Cinque pop up next episode arrested somehow.
Old 2007-09-11, 00:41   Link #235
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
On the ship (Asura?), they went "only number 4 is remaining". Did they forget Number 5 (Cinque)? It's hard to forget her, really.
Presumably, she's not moving so she doesn't count.
Old 2007-09-11, 00:45   Link #236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
If they end StrikerS with Nanoha X Fate Wedding I will be more then happy to call StrikerS the best anime of 2007.
That's probably a reason why it went wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Ok, maybe stretch was the wrong word to use, however perosonally I have no problem with a slow paced Nanoha series. In fact STrikerS first half contained many scenes and moments which actually made me think StrikerS was going to be my favorite season out of the 3. Normally I fear the words "action" and "tight packed", when they are used together. I believe that A's could have been even better if they could have kept the same quality while embedding elements from the manga and the Yami no sho/knights backstory, to the point the series became a 14-15 episodes one.
Slow pace? Maybe for the first half or so, that I can let it slide.

But bad pacing? Poor execution? Pointless fillers?

Damn, we're repeating ourselves again...
Old 2007-09-11, 00:49   Link #237
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
A reason? It's THE reason it went wrong; the producers incompetence made it even worse, like how Destiny made SEED fall on its face.
Old 2007-09-11, 00:49   Link #238
Nemesis

Quote:

Slow pace? Maybe for the first half or so, that I can let it slide.

But bad pacing? Poor execution? Pointless fillers?

Damn, we're repeating ourselves again...
Finally someone realised what has been going on.

Now why was Erio sparkling in the Flashback Btw?
Old 2007-09-11, 00:51   Link #239
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Finally someone realised what has been going on.

Now why was Erio sparkling in the Flashback Btw?
Erio has Lightning-Element Mana Conversion, which means that he can turn his magic to electric-based attacks and stuff.

He probably couldn't control it properly in his childhood... It might even be artificially implanted into him during his unknown period of time under "evil scientist #2354", considering that he looked like he wasn't a mage when he was still Mondial.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-11, 01:01   Link #240
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Erio has Lightning-Element Mana Conversion, which means that he can turn his magic to electric-based attacks and stuff.

He probably couldn't control it properly in his childhood... It might even be artificially implanted into him during his unknown period of time under "evil scientist #2354", considering that he looked like he wasn't a mage when he was still Mondial.
what's with numbering the unknown scientist?
Closed Thread