AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 14:56   Link #381
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totsuka View Post
OMG, it's really like that, complete with military-style setup!

Might as well rename it as "Subaru: Stealth Panty Thief".
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:45   Link #382
kantou

I would not have had a problem if he had kept the gameplay of the first in addition to mode thief panties.the training are just tired the girl to search their bags epic or not.
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 11:48   Link #383
judasmartel
*Author

Meh, I thought it's going to be a real b-ball video game. But oh well. Even the canon story itself doesn't focus much on basketball.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 07:19   Link #384
AP24

I found this promo for the anime second season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXatT6kGM0

The match between the 5th and 6th graders are shown indicating it will cover at least until up to vol 11. The match should occur at around the end of the season so it's weird that scenes from it are shown in the promo. Maybe the scenes in the promo will be the opening of the first episode (the episode opens with scenes of a match that will occur in a later episode just like how it was in the season 1's first episode), or worse the anime's second season will skip a lot of things.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 08:33   Link #385
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

One thing I've say: HINATA TO COOL!!!
Images
Hinata
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by sandhy88; 2013-06-29 at 08:44.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 09:42   Link #386
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I found this promo for the anime second season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXatT6kGM0

The match between the 5th and 6th graders are shown indicating it will cover at least until up to vol 11. The match should occur at around the end of the season so it's weird that scenes from it are shown in the promo. Maybe the scenes in the promo will be the opening of the first episode (the episode opens with scenes of a match that will occur in a later episode just like how it was in the season 1's first episode), or worse the anime's second season will skip a lot of things.
The art looks way too good and smooth for what we got from the previous season, so my guess is that it is clips from the OP. Also since they have already shown the character art for Ryuichi and Banri which are the two arcs before the 5th graders I don't think they will be skipping too much, probably just really compressed.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 23:13   Link #387
AP24

I just watched the anime's first episode of second season and it covered the last short story in vol 6. The OVA covered the first short story. It looks like the anime's second season is not covering the other short stories in vol 6 and is done with the volume. Second season is 12 episodes so it is likely it will cover up to vol 11 and won't cover much of vol 10 since it's only short stories which can be covered in OVAs.

Does anyone know which volume has Mimi's first appaerance and her one-on-one match with Tomoka (which looks like is about to happen in episode 2)? I don't think it's in vol 7 which means they're rearranging the order like they did with vol 4 and 5 in the first season.
Old 2013-07-07, 22:04   Link #388
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Continuing from the anime thread, there were a lot of minor changes, though general those changes could be understood to speed up the pace of the story telling, however biggest change of the anime was the introduction of Mimi and Masami a lot earlier and that is going to present some interesting changes.

In the novel chronology, volume 6 was basically the summer festival as presented in episode 1, with volume 7 being Ryuuichi/Banri's arc, and volume 8 being the 5th grader's and Tomoka's birthday arc. Now volume 6 and 7 takes place during summer vacation but volume 8 begins with the end of summer vacation going into the new school term with Mimi introduced at the very beginning of volume 8, so they basically compressed the entire volume 6 into the first episode, then jumped straight to the beginning of volume 8. One of the issues with this shuffle is that Mimi is supposed to be really good and it is only because Tomoka and Subaru had been training for the match against Ryuuichi that Tomoka was able to gain the upper hand on Mimi, though I guess this is going to be something they will just gloss over for episode 2. The other important point is that the forming of the 5th grader team was a result of Tsubahi fighting against Maho in school for the right to use the basketball court, and the scouting of Mimi can only be done once Mimi actually transfer into Keishin - which took place AFTER Tomoka's birthday party which is on Sept 9th - after the beginning of the new school term. And speaking of Tomoka's birthday party, one of the main reason for this mini-arc was for Subaru to give Tomoka her nickname "Ameagari no Hana/Shiny Gift", which the anime had already used in S1, also with how the anime ep1 already introduced Masami secretly snapping a picture of Saki and Subaru sharing a close moment together (the leading up to that moment in volume 8 of the novel is itself another mini-arc involving Subaru asking Saki to help him select a birthday present for Tomoka, which then led to more misunderstanding of Aoi as a continuation from their time together at Suzuritani, and also a good chuck of Subaru/Saki interaction as they chased after Masami to get the photo of their hand-holding moment back) which leads me to think they might really compress or completely cut out the birthday party mini-arc altogether as well. Finally skipping ahead also has some potential issue with Airi's development - as the Airi/Banri arc in volume 7 was what set her off to become a good centre after she had sorted out her problems with Banri and was then able to get training and advices from Banri, which enables her to over-power both her opponent during Ryuuichi's match as well as Kagetsu in the 5th grader match (as Kagetsu is both pretty aggressive and atheletic as we know).

The changes in episode 1 may be minor but it still throws a spanner into the cogworks in terms of predicting how they plan to spread out the story with the episode count given. With volume 6 completely out of the way and how prominent the 5th graders had been with the marketing material thus suggesting the production wants to put a heavy focus on them my prediction is that they are probably going to go with volume 7 for the most part with the next few episodes but with bits and pieces of volume 8 scatter throughout to keep the 5th graders in the limelight. Now one possible outcome would be this leads to the first match against the 5th graders as the mid-season climax. Then the entire volume 9 might be compressed into a 1 episode story with huge modification like it is for volume 6 with just enough information to set up Maho's father organising the open basketball competition thus leading to the 2nd match-up against the 5th graders of volume 11 as the season finale. If they do this though the series would move at neck-breaking speed and will have a lot more basketball than the loli/jailbait moments (which would be fine with me, but how would the non-novel reading audience react? Will they feel cheated? :lol: Also this puts some worries on the ability of the production to deliver good basketball match animation, which objectively speaking they didn't do that good of a job last season). The other possibility is that they only plan to go up to the end of volume 8 and are indeed going to throw a couple of the short stories from volume 10 into the mix the stretch it out (volume 10 has like 4~5 short stories, so there's plenty to go around even if they plan to make more OVA). And if they intend to keep the 5th graders in the limelight this would mean they would be a lot of shuffling around and introducing more original anime materials.

Currently I think it is unlikely they will go to volume 11 because that would involve drawing a lot of basketball matches, which I don't think they have the budget and resources for....
Old 2013-07-08, 00:39   Link #389
AP24

They didn't compress the entire vol 6 into one episode. The first episode only covered one of the short stories in vol 6 which took up about 1/3 of the volume. As I mentioned before another short story in vol 6 was also already covered in the OVA. I don't think the short stories are important in the second season so it's likely they will skip vol 10. The reason they adapted the summer festival story was probably because it had some elements relevant to the main story and it served as a good season opener.

I'm sure second season will cover up to vol 11 because a match between the 6th and 5th graders near the end is a good way to end the season, just like how the first season ended with the practice match between Keishin and Suzuritani. I think after episode 1 the anime will cover vol 7 & 8 mixed together (the order of the scenes are rearranged in which some parts in vol 8 will occur before some parts in vol 7) in about 5 episodes. Then they will cover vol 9 & 11 in about 5 episodes with vol 11 taking up 3 episodes. If there is one more episode left it can cover one of the short stories in vol 10 either somewhere in the middle of the season or as the season finale.
Old 2013-07-08, 01:35   Link #390
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I have to re-read volume 6 to see how much they compressed, but from my memory it is at least 1/2 if not 3/4 of the main plot, and whatever wasn't included isn't important enough to be included in the first place.

As for how far they would go, for first season they only did 2 full basketball matches and 1 short match against Aoi and cut out the rematch against the boys to just one scene, but if they decide to go all the way to vol11 they would have to do at least 4 or even 5 matches this season - as there's 3 matches in the Ryuuichi arc in itself already, although you can compress the first match with Tomoka owning Rina to just a brief cut showing a few shots and the final score, the other two matches you cannot as you have to show the match where Subaru and Tomoka got defeated and why that happened, then the rematch in full as well as Subaru and Tomoka's training together as that's an important main story arc (hey it's a deep bonding moment between Subaru and Tomoka, there's no way they would cut that out) which from all accounts looks like will be included this season in full anyway. After that there would be 2 full matches with the 5th graders, so that's 4 full matches to do. Lastly there's that one match in vol10 which led to Maho's father promising Subaru to hold the competition although that one is much easier to completely write out of the plot so I'm not including that one. So with the best assumption I think we can stick with the 4 match count - again my main worry is the production team's capacity to deliver so many basketball matches in just one season - both financially and production capability wise as well as the story pacing for this season (don't forget there's the Airi/Banri arc to do as well), and finally the possibility of the production team laying the path to a possible 3rd season. I'm not seeing the need to burn through so much material with a pace as quick as the first season because there are a lot more climax points with the later volumes and I think they would see the need to balance basketball with loli moments (afterall that is the appeal of the franchise) so I'm more inclined to think they aren't going all the way to volume 11, and that they will be doing a lot of shuffling and mixing bits and piece of the volumes instead to pad out the season, maybe even an anime original episode mixed in as well.
Old 2013-07-10, 02:00   Link #391
AP24

Vol 13 just came out and what I feared turned out to be true. I was checking for spoilers and I read people have been saying that vol 13 is the final volume of the main story and there is one more volume left which is an extra volume. Can anyone provide confirmation and also spoilers?
Old 2013-07-12, 14:45   Link #392
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Wow, they changed so much of the novel with the anime don't know where to start. But they put a lot more effort into the basketball so it's good?

EDIT: Ok now that I got to think about it more some of the changes didn't quite make sense. Because they completely shifted the Ryuuichi/Banri arc to a later time it's a bit jarring that Airi suddenly became so good and aggressive. Making Natsuhi scouting the 5th graders so enthusiastically but then didn't follow up by at least teaching them some basic tactic was weird (in the novel it was Tsubahi who started the team, Natsuhi only got roped into it at the day and was less than enthusiastic about helping his twin sisters). Mimi is also a bit too expressive - one of her weapons is suppose to be her poker face which makes her opponent hard to read her moves.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2013-07-12 at 15:07.
Old 2013-07-12, 15:08   Link #393
taichi-kun

really? I haven't watched ep2 yet..

I don't know what happened in vol 13 ,but a lot of things must happen: the girls need to win some important tournament... subaru and his club issues,then a time skip so subaru and tomoka can be a couple...(or maybe he and aoi)

oh .. don't tell me that it was an open end

PD: i love reading AP24 and houkoholic opinions,please keep on going.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:33   Link #394
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Vol 13 just came out and what I feared turned out to be true. I was checking for spoilers and I read people have been saying that vol 13 is the final volume of the main story and there is one more volume left which is an extra volume. Can anyone provide confirmation and also spoilers?
Yes apparently volume 13 is the end of the main story, the author has confirmed on his own twitter account. But he made sure to emphasis that he will continue to write some side stories for the series.

As for spoilers this is what I've got - can't confirm accuracy since I'm waiting for my copy to be delivered with some other orders I've placed which should arrive next week:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-13, 13:47   Link #395
Miraluka
Banned

Want to say anything about the time skip and how the things between characters?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 16:52   Link #396
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

One thing I have to say; since Tomoka and the rest are graduating with their heads held up high, I guess its all good.

But still, I want a summary of the final volume at the very least.

For Subaru, just marry the Tomoka, since he has both of her parents' approval and his own. It's all good to go. That will keep out other guys gunning for her during her high school years.

For the anime, I hope it will be animated, if possible. I really like anime graduation scenes. It holds a special feeling, if get what I mean.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 19:16   Link #397
Birdway
Banned

What about Aoi? She will burn.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 04:27   Link #398
sky black swordman

^ Yeah, what about her? Does she still have chance to end up with Subaru?
Old 2013-07-14, 05:07   Link #399
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Yeah, what about her? Does she still have chance to end up with Subaru?
She never had a chance.
Old 2013-07-14, 05:14   Link #400
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
She never had a chance.
I had a feeeling she didin't.

Tags
comedy, shounen