Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-29, 21:12   Link #2101
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Wow, I actually thought there would be more rage because of the Toto-Ali-Mor situation
The way I see it because this sort of happened at a milestone chapter just before 200, people still have the hope that it isn't end game yet. Besides it will be more fun for Mor to have to step up her game. Besides some character development for Mor is always good and maybe some for Ali.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:27   Link #2102
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
The way I see it because this sort of happened at a milestone chapter just before 200, people still have the hope that it isn't end game yet. Besides it will be more fun for Mor to have to step up her game. Besides some character development for Mor is always good and maybe some for Ali.
In before her big step up, is wearing underwear-v-;;.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:37   Link #2103
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Why would it be end-game? This is a manga - anything can still happen. Like...

Spoiler for Masur's Solution:

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that Ali slept with Toto, even a couple of times. She did show a bit of fangirling him after he won his first bout. After seeing how he trained so hard and also from winning fights, she could have gotten enough 'courage' (ie. alchohol) in her system and one thing leads to another... and 'exchange of techniques' as it were...
Spoiler for Bad example but mostly for lulz:
Old 2013-09-29, 21:45   Link #2104
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
If Alibaba were still a prince of a functioning state, I wouldn't actually be worried too much, as given the timeframe (where harems were a thing) the REAL question would be who would become the official wife and who becomes the consort. However Alibaba isn't anymore, so...
Old 2013-09-29, 21:57   Link #2105
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

At least this is going to prompt some major development for Mor, no matter the outcome... just don't force her to Hakuryuu just because. That would be seriously dropping the ball.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:07   Link #2106
Kakkou
Tch.

Brb, breaking all my DVDs, burning my books and making long angry blog posts, etc.

Just kidding. That was an unexpected but very amusing twist. I'm all for it since it feels somewhat refreshing. Meanwhile I'll just go cry for my Alibaba x Kougyoku ship and to my Ali x Haku ship till I get over this.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:17   Link #2107
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Face it, Fanaris with Fanaris is the only possible and realistic outcome.
Mu's and Myron's father would disagree. Not only did he survive being with a Fanalis woman, he went back for seconds.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:33   Link #2108
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Mu's and Myron's father would disagree. Not only did he survive being with a Fanalis woman, he went back for seconds.
Which is no small feat considering she must have nearly broken his hips more than once....
Old 2013-09-29, 23:42   Link #2109
Kioras

What is this, Romance in my action Shounen series? A series in one of the 3 daily magazines? The main character getting a hot girl friend confirmed before the half way point in the story?

Blaspheme!!

I like this development simply because it means in the story, the pairings hopefully will not stay static, and we get to see the characters mature as time goes on.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 23:49   Link #2110
CBredbeard
Banned

I think it's a bit of a cop out that Titus basically has all of Scherazade's knowledge and powers. It would have meant more if she had chose to allow him to be reborn even if it meant putting them at a disadvantage. And it's still creepy that he killed one of his siblings so he could be alive again.

A summit, eh? I hope they hold it at Balbhad. It'd be pretty close to being neutral territory and we'd get to see how the Republic is holding up and what one of Kou's vassal states can expect in terms of treatment. If En shows it's actually a good thing to be ruled by the Kou Empire, it'd undermine the idea that they are somehow an enemy.

Toto doesn't like Alibaba. She likes Cassim. Alibaba is two people, remember?

Alibaba doesn't even see Morgiana as a girl. Barely even as a friend. It's terrible she's wasting her life on him.
Old 2013-09-29, 23:50   Link #2111
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Wow, I actually thought there would be more rage because of the Toto-Ali-Mor situation.

Masur and Mor see each other like family and I'm happy for that - everyone else sees them like that and even they themselves seem to regard each other as family. It was very brotherly of Masur to try and shut the other guy up before he said too much but too little, too late Masur. But Masur knew that Mor had the hots for Alibaba - probably anyone that hung out with Mor and was more socially adept could see it. *sighs* I'm actually torn between Toto and Mor. They are both really cute women who can fight really well - what's not to love?

But I'm sure that Sinbad wouldn't mind Masur getting Mor so he can have Masur's kid for future references... >.> This is Sinbad we're talking about - for every reason he tells you something, there's two more reasons for the same thing that he WON'T tell you.

And I don't think any one of us can really blame Alibaba for becoming lovers with Toto - they were gone for about a year... and Ali had pretty much friend-zoned Mor from a while ago. While it sucks for Mor (and fans of AlixMor), I can't hate Alibaba for it. I just hope that she won't go to 'Sasuke' because of this... That would be unnecessary.
The whole brother-sister thing with them is very sweet, particularly when she doesn't really know any of her real family. I sort of saw that partially as perhaps not wanting to be seen like that sort of person to her as well as perhaps not being too lewd or anything in front of her. Does he know? I can't recall any instance of someone noticing that Mor had a thing for Alibaba, though if someone were I'd probably expect it to be him. If she goes off alone next chapter, I could see him following her to comfort her. There's really nothing to dislike about either really, except maybe that we don't know much about Toto's backstory or have spent as much time with her.

I really do wonder if that was what was going on there or not. The comment and that whole moment seemed weird to me.

Pretty much. He hasn't really done anything wrong here. Just got himself a girlfriend after spending a while with them and such. You could say he's oblivious, but I honestly don't think Mor's that obvious about it. I'm new to this, but I assume you're referring to Hakuryuu? I sort of wonder if all this might make her think on his confession once again. I don't think she should go to him either though.

Quote:
I wonder if anything special will happen for the chapter. Like some really big event or something. Or if it will just maybe be flashbacks about their relationship with some reactions from Mor.

Quote:
At least this is going to prompt some major development for Mor, no matter the outcome... just don't force her to Hakuryuu just because. That would be seriously dropping the ball.
One does hope it doesn't lead to a negative result for her though. It does rather feel like the easy way out, though I do wonder if Hakuryuu will appear to them anytime soon given his whole thing about walking a different path then them and all. Although when he does I could see him proposing again and could probably see her saying yes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 00:43   Link #2112
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Mor should not give up just yet, she is in for a major upgrade I hope.
Old 2013-09-30, 00:46   Link #2113
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Upgrade? You mean like she gets a Djinn or something? Or a growth spurt? Would need another substantial time skip to see the effects of that.

Actually, I wonder if along with Olba perhaps, we might see Toto become a member of Ali's household. I suppose it might depend on how many Amon can sustain.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2013-09-30, 00:55   Link #2114
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
You mean an upgrade where she basically loses her humanity?

I will say that Toto doesn't seem like she's got what it takes to be royalty. She's a gladiator fighter. While it's cute how she refers to herself in the third person, she lacks Morgiana's grace.
Old 2013-09-30, 01:01   Link #2115
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
You mean an upgrade where she basically loses her humanity?

I will say that Toto doesn't seem like she's got what it takes to be royalty. She's a gladiator fighter. While it's cute how she refers to herself in the third person, she lacks Morgiana's grace.
Oh, I forgot about that. She might indeed be more willing to go through with that potentially.

Hmm, that is true to a degree, though I doubt Ali's given that any sort of thought at all or if he'd even care if it was brought up.

Old 2013-09-30, 01:33   Link #2116
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
And I don't think any one of us can really blame Alibaba for becoming lovers with Toto - they were gone for about a year... and Ali had pretty much friend-zoned Mor from a while ago.
And he didn't know if he'd ever see her again...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 02:34   Link #2117
MartianMage

Time for Mor to rape Alibaba and show him who's boss!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 03:49   Link #2118
CBredbeard
Banned

As far as shipping goes, Masrur is reported to like large breasted women and the biggest set of tits on Sindria belong to Yam. Although it's hard to imagine either of those two expressing particular interest in someone of the opposite sex.

I think the saddest part of the chapter is when Masrur finally see's Morgiana again and she's off to the side alone carrying the luggage. Nothing has changed for her at all. An entire year and she hasn't changed one bit.
Old 2013-09-30, 06:10   Link #2119
Breimoon

guys, inside Alibaba there is a little part of Cassim right?? So is there a chance that Alibaba could wield his own household? Even though it may not be that powerful it may still be possible.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 06:19   Link #2120
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
guys, inside Alibaba there is a little part of Cassim right?? So is there a chance that Alibaba could wield his own household? Even though it may not be that powerful it may still be possible.
household is part of metal vessel power
why use part of power if u already have the whole power?

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen