AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 26 21.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 24.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 29.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-05, 13:32   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fate/Zero - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Zero, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 13:36   Link #2
ChronoReverse

The best laid plans of mice and mages go oft awry. Especially when faced with high explosives.

Oh Kiritsugu.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 13:37   Link #3
hero147

Felt that it was a very slow episode. Though episode 7's preview does get my blood boiling. Have to wait another week. T.T
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 13:40   Link #4
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Very thrilled that Kotomine used Black Keys, especially since Ciel is my favorite Tsukihime character. I've garnered some interest in Kotomine's character in this episode, since he was never given much of a limelight in either series. I'm very surprised by Gilgamesh; I didn't think it was possible to have a serious discussion with such a character.

We got to know quite a bit about the masters in this episode. Kitsurugi finally demonstrated his mage killer moniker. Kayneath was still an elitist, and married women weren't impervious to the charm spell, heh. Iris went from quite boring to pretty awesome in the first minute of the episode.

Overall, quite pleased with the episode.

BTW, saber. If you're going to go around telling everyone your name, why bother hiding your sword at this point?
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 13:46   Link #5
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Hardly any action this episode, but the scene with Kotomine talking with Gilgamesh at the end was interesting. Mostly buildup for the next episode.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 13:52   Link #6
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Good ep. Not surprised that Caster think Saber is Jeanne. I thought the same thing before watching FSN

7/10.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 13:53   Link #7
Nixl

I have to say, I was pretty surprised by how short this episode felt. It was the 20+ minutes, but it went by rather quickly.

The Kotomine/Maiya engagement felt somewhat lackluster, but it probably was never meant to be a big fight, just Kotome/Emiya drawing closer and closer into an eventual confrontation. Although, the highlight of this episode definitely felt like Gilgamesh talking to Kotomine.

edit: I guess the censoring of caster's scenes made it look like little had happen.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 13:56   Link #8
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Something doesn't feel right about this episode. It's not just that it is a transition period, which explains the lack of actions (not quite the same as "slow"), but that the details in artwork seem....a bit lacking? Even the more exciting part like Initial Zero looks rather poor. It does not look like a real drive at all.

It is still a decent episode, but not up to the high standard set by the last 5 episodes.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 14:01   Link #9
ookamigirl

Caster is a total head case.
Still don't get why he thinks Saber is Jeanne D'Arc?
There's still too much strategizing going on and too little fighting.
So far Fate/Stay Night was better.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 14:01   Link #10
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol at Iri's driving, she really had a nice toy there. Lol Caster got rejected and looked pathetic when he couldn't believe Saber didn't know who he thought she was. So how does the whole thing with Sola being an additional master work? Kiritsugu blowing up the whole building was awesome. Liked the conversation between Kotomine and Gilgamesh.
Old 2011-11-05, 14:04   Link #11
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Something doesn't feel right about this episode. It's not just that it is a transition period, which explains the lack of actions (not quite the same as "slow"), but that the details in artwork seem....a bit lacking? Even the more exciting part like Initial Zero looks rather poor. It does not look like a real drive at all.

It is still a decent episode, but not up to the high standard set by the last 5 episodes.
I noticed that with Gil's head when he was reclining on the couch. Something was off about it. The rest seem alright, but for the most part they were in static environments with just conversation and no real movements.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 14:06   Link #12
killer3000ad

Alot of censorship this episode, mainly during scenes involving caster and his master. A good plot development episode nonetheless, I can't understand why some people want action every week. That would surely mess up the series.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-11-05 at 14:18.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 14:06   Link #13
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who think that
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 14:09   Link #14
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well I too was surprised by how time flew by despite this being a "quiet" episode,I really was fusrated when the ED started playing ,if only every episode was 45 minutes long like the first one.
Old 2011-11-05, 14:40   Link #15
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Caster is a total head case.
Still don't get why he thinks Saber is Jeanne D'Arc?
There's still too much strategizing going on and too little fighting.
Saber's obviously a female European swordsman from the medieval era. Jeanne D'Arc is the obvious choice for her identity if you didn't know who she was.

Quote:
I really don't understand how these two adaptations can be even in the same stratosphere, but that's probably because I played the FsN game.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 15:21   Link #16
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Is Emiya a Jedi?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 15:26   Link #17
tsunade666

I really hate that wacko caster but I like the cool Ryuunosuke and we only get to see a bunch of columns >.> nice Columns I wonder if dvd/bluray will change that.
Nice planning from Emiya and as always the mages are so full of themselves that they are easily tricked by the magus killer. Student Kirei learning from Teacher Gil
Kinda boring episode for me because of wacko caster and no bro rider.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:29   Link #18
chibipicpic

Good episode. I'm actually a bit fond of the down time episodes because it gives the series more room for characterization. If it was just fighting all the time, not only would the series be super short but you wouldn't care at all if characters die. Besides, they have to strategize as well. We can't have everyone running around getting killed several times, now can we?

I was worried about two things, the torture scene (which either they didn't bother to put in in the first place or censored it completely...if you're feeling super morbid, go read the scene on Baka Tsuki. This episode is the start of vol 2) and being able to pare down the conversation with Gilgamesh and Kirei. They have interesting conversations, which sets up everything very well for their relationship later on, but they can get boring since they are also the most philosophical. I think they handled it very well. I also like that this conversation showed a different side of Gilgamesh, that he actually can talk to someone without constantly saying that they're not fit to be in his presence.

A very small thing, in that Gil/Kirei conversation. "Pleasure" would have made more sense than "joy," especially since Kirei was saying that it's sinful. Joy isn't much of a sin. Pleasure, to him, is. What was it translated to in other languages?
chibipicpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 15:32   Link #19
magnuskn

A bit of a let-down after the awesomeness of episodes 4+5. But of course they cannot maintain that pace forever. Irisviel is ever becoming more endearing. I probably shouldn't feel too much attachment to her, given what is to come...
Old 2011-11-05, 15:40   Link #20
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wish there was another car for Irisviel to battle:
*AE86 behind her*
Iris: Someone's following us. Saber, hold tight.
Saber: Yes.
Iris: *shifts gears and accelerates*
*Initial D BGM*
Ryuunosuke: VERY WELL THEN.
*shifts gears and accelerates*
Iris: *drifts*

lol Gayneth wasted tons of magic... dungeon bypassed.