AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 18:57   Link #30981
greedyspectator

Hi guys... I'm a new guy here. Pleased to meet you all!

Ummm... I'm the author of Apex Predator. I'm in need of advice. Any ideas on how I should continue?

I also need advice on how Prototype/ Infinite Stratos dynamics should occur. If a Prototype engages and IS in a fight, who would win? (let's disregard for a while that Prototypes are effectively immortal, since the only way to kill them seems to be consuming them).

PS: Given that Alex Mercer is capable of throwing the husks of tanks (which weigh 50 Tons or more) without any discernible recoil (which should occur given the third law of Newton), just how heavy is Alex Mercer?
Old 2012-05-16, 21:00   Link #30982
DarkJak2050

Here's another.

vs The Pervert Dragon

Oh crud. I don't like the sound of that...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 21:08   Link #30983
Eratas123

Alex's weight seems to be variable since he doesn't crack the ground with every step. The Prototype's aren't completely invulnerable. An airstrike can kill them with not much hassle as seen in the game.
Old 2012-05-16, 21:21   Link #30984
greedyspectator

Which is weird, once you think about it. Alex Mercer can survive a megaton range nuke but not a few airstrikes? And his weight is variable, so he can somehow break the conservation of mass?

Also, since Mercer could somehow survive as a puddle of biomass, is it logical to assume that every single viral cell of a prototype can regenerate back onto its original form?

Biomass is weird. It seems to run entirely out of Narravitium. There doesn't seem to be any concrete laws that govern the use of biomass aside from 'since the story needs to progress, biomass needs to do this'.

It's just that I want to at least incorporate the conservation of mass in my story.

Also, how would you think a battle between an IS and a Prototype would go? Under what conditions would the IS win, and under what conditions would the Prototype win?
Old 2012-05-16, 21:53   Link #30985
Eratas123

Fire is the key. He only managed to survive since he got lucky and some of his innards went to pidgeon nearby. In an airstrike, everybody dies, so he has no one to regenerate from. Notice he doesn't just eat dead corpses. They have to be alive.
Old 2012-05-16, 22:10   Link #30986
greedyspectator

@Eratas: Actually, that does make sense. Without material to regenerate with, Mercer shouldn't be able to regenerate. But he can consume dead bodies, though. In the cutscene where Mercer consumed his first body, the body was already lying dead on the ground (although apparently this does not work in gameplay).

Note: I think mercer weight around 16 tons, considering he can throw 2 ton cars without any recoil.
Old 2012-05-16, 22:42   Link #30987
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyspectator View Post
Which is weird, once you think about it. Alex Mercer can survive a megaton range nuke but not a few airstrikes? And his weight is variable, so he can somehow break the conservation of mass?

Also, since Mercer could somehow survive as a puddle of biomass, is it logical to assume that every single viral cell of a prototype can regenerate back onto its original form?

Biomass is weird. It seems to run entirely out of Narravitium. There doesn't seem to be any concrete laws that govern the use of biomass aside from 'since the story needs to progress, biomass needs to do this'.

It's just that I want to at least incorporate the conservation of mass in my story.

Also, how would you think a battle between an IS and a Prototype would go? Under what conditions would the IS win, and under what conditions would the Prototype win?
IS should generally win unless they can't fly. Alex doesn't have a lot of long range attacks to hit long range IS with and close range IS are capable of reaching more then 300 mph and the advanced one's are supersonic. IS can also fly. Alex's speed is a his biggest weak point as he is only around 100 mph (judging from how fast he overtakes around 60 mph cars) making close range a matter of hit and run and against a flying IS he can't reach them.

Of course Alex can easily surprise a IS pilot with his more exotic ablities but he will lose for sure if a IS pilot is aware of his ablities. For example a short range combat IS pilot will be surprised if bunch of sharp tentacles suddenly came out of Alex's body in all directions. Similarly if a long range pilot mistakes Alex for only having close range super strength then Alex can suddenly bust out a long range attack. Alex can also play dead if it really comes down to it if the pilot leaves him for dead due to unawareness of Alex's regeneration ablity. Alex turning into a pilot's love ones to surprise them or attack them mentally is also effective method.

Basically the IS has the advantage. However Alex can win if he plays it very smart and only busts out his big moves when he's sure they can land.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 01:32   Link #30988
greedyspectator

I agree that ranged IS units that can fly would easily wipe the floor against any Prototype. Close quarter units and Hover types, however, could be easily immobilized using the tendril power and then ripped apart. Given that prototypes weigh approximately 16 tons and IS units approximately 750Kg, I have to give Prototypes the edge in close quarters, since their powers are tuned especially for close quarters anyway.

Thoughts?
Old 2012-05-17, 02:03   Link #30989
Eratas123

James Heller and the evolved could probably match them in speed. Heller gets more speed as he evolves.
Old 2012-05-17, 02:20   Link #30990
greedyspectator

@Eratas: Really? I already downloaded Prototype 2, but I need the password to decrypt it, and unfortunately I am unable to properly download the password, so I have not yet played Prototype 2. Are you sure Heller could match an IS in speed? That seems rather overkill... a land based organism moving as fast as a fighter jet.

Edit: Seen Heller's locomotion powers on YouTube. You're probably right, Heller could probably match an IS at speed. I'm going to assume Mercer can, and by extension, newly infected Dan should be able to do so in time.
Old 2012-05-17, 02:29   Link #30991
Eratas123

Mercer can't. Heller takes note that even after eating the other Evolved, he still couldn't match Heller in speed and agility. The final battle can be litterally done without a scratch. Heller's a special case since Mercer notes that both him and his daughter have good DNA for receiving and using Blacklight.
Old 2012-05-17, 02:35   Link #30992
greedyspectator

Really? Thanks for the info!
Old 2012-05-17, 03:09   Link #30993
Eratas123

You're Welcome.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:19   Link #30994
Eratas123

Does Kanzashi's IS have a closed form?
Old 2012-05-17, 05:33   Link #30995
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Sure why not, but we don't know what it is.
Old 2012-05-17, 05:34   Link #30996
Eratas123

If she has a modified Uchigane, doesn't it mean that it's just a non-closed from Uchigane that she tampered with?
Old 2012-05-17, 05:41   Link #30997
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Neither theory is confirmed, but it seems you already chose which one to believe.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, weren't you the one who suggested the robotic things on her head were her IS?

Btw, Charlotte's IS is also 'just a modified Rafael Revive'.
Old 2012-05-17, 06:10   Link #30998
Eratas123

Do IS have any wirings?
Old 2012-05-17, 06:27   Link #30999
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Do IS have any wirings?
No. This is a suit of armor that can be reduced to digitized data packets and stored in a dormant form the size of a pendant.

An IS with wires is like an iPhone with a long copper phone cable attached to it.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 07:55   Link #31000
Eratas123

So how do you do maintenance when it has no wires?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest