AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 17:24   Link #761
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
About cameos Watanui appeared in Blood-C disguised as a fox. In the Blood-C movie he makes a physical appearance,
And he also appeared during the first chapters of Drug&Drop and Kohaku from Wish made a cameo in the latest chapter. To think that when he made his first cameo in Legal Drug he was running an errand for Yuuko... Which makes me wonder about the timelines in Clamp universe.

About the new series, I hope we get an explanation for the egg that Doumeki had and well... Want some Yuuko. Clamp loves reincarnation so I want to see her reunite with Watanuki.
As much as I like Watanuki I'm not sure if I'd like to see more chapters of him granting wishes, there's already Drug&Drop with that kind of plot of dealing with supernatural stuff so it would be a bit repetitive.
Old 2012-12-10, 14:28   Link #762
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
And he also appeared during the first chapters of Drug&Drop and Kohaku from Wish made a cameo in the latest chapter. To think that when he made his first cameo in Legal Drug he was running an errand for Yuuko... Which makes me wonder about the timelines in Clamp universe.

About the new series, I hope we get an explanation for the egg that Doumeki had and well... Want some Yuuko. Clamp loves reincarnation so I want to see her reunite with Watanuki.
As much as I like Watanuki I'm not sure if I'd like to see more chapters of him granting wishes, there's already Drug&Drop with that kind of plot of dealing with supernatural stuff so it would be a bit repetitive.
I don't think Yuko will be back unless reincarnated cos that will be a big contradiction to her comments. While I liked xxxHolic Ro the lack continuity kind of bothered me. It's like if after Tsubasa ended, xxxHolic lost an objective. The series could have ended in volume 16 or actually show us the OVA Adayume to bring more closure to the printed series.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 06:37   Link #763
Bern-san

Spoiler for xxxholic rei ch 1:
Old 2013-03-03, 06:57   Link #764
NeutralZero

looks like more of a filler but then again its CLAMP we're talking about...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 11:22   Link #765
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
looks like more of a filler but then again its CLAMP we're talking about...
It was a means of reintroducing the characters of Watanuki, Yuuko-san, and Doumeki as well as Moro and Maru.

The real question is whether this is a dream of Watanuki's, or if they'll have everything after Watanuki's injury and recovery be wiped thanks to a wish made, or whether everything after Watanuki's injury was just a dream, including the horrible linkage to Tsubasa.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 12:18   Link #766
Bern-san

If they decide to change everything, then what about Watanuki's cameos as the shopowner in other works like Blood-C or Drug&Drop? It would be an even bigger mess.
Old 2013-03-08, 23:53   Link #767
KaguraSenju
Quiet.

Chapter 2
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-09, 00:11   Link #768
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I just found the site that has the translation and starts reading it. I thought no one translated it anymore

There's a part where Yuuko said that 'once fate is intertwined, it will go round and return once more. It kinda feels like some metaphor of time loop... and then there's that 'necessity' instead of the unusual hitsuzen. Oh and have I mentioned the part where Watanuki starts wobbling at the end of ch 1?

Something is not right here

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 08:21   Link #769
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

So from what I've gathered, here are some "proofs" in which this is a seuqel:
1. No Mokona - i could mean that somehow Watanuki used Mokona for something
2. Doumeki can get in the shop + Watanuki's eye being normal (With Clamp and their details, I'm pretty sure this MEANS something)
3. Watanuki being slightly nicer to Yuuko than how he was pre-XxxHolic Rou - Somehow I'm getting the vibes of him wanting to cherish the moment.
4. Watanuki getting dizzy towards the end of chapter 1. That's definitely a plot point.
5. As what everyone's saying, it's particularly interesting that Yuuko doesn't use the word hitsuzen and even more peculiar that Watanuki doesn't notice her not using it.

What I speculate from all of this is that Watanuki wished for his life with Yuuko to come back somehow and he's spending it wisely. Or it could just be a reboot with CLAMP taking out all the Tsubasa parts (MOKONA WHERE ARE YOU?) but I seriously doubt that this is a reboot. There's definitely something fishy going on.

But for now, before we get CLAMP'd again, we should just enjoy some nice old xxxHolic mystery.
Old 2013-03-09, 08:33   Link #770
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Now that I think about it...if Watanuki wants to have his normal life back with Yuuko, it's 'necessary' to have guests appeared in the shop since his normal life with Yuuko is him doing errands for Yuuko.

Old 2013-03-09, 08:33   Link #771
Bern-san

Yes, from the start everything felt strange so I'm sure Watanuki made something or this is some sort of strange dream but we will probably return to Watanuki shop-owner at some point.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:13   Link #772
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

from the start the whole thing seemed strange... that thing Watanuki kept saying "If it makes you happy then it's fine" really seems odd for him for some reason. and honestly the whole time I get this wierd feeling of suspense. That little conversation between Domeki and Yuko was odd too.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 11:19   Link #773
teja208
Critical fanboy

Random Thoughts

It's as though Rei story line is a different time loop/world line from the original.

Watanuki in this time loop could be a clone.

Black Mokona is the price Watanuki (the shop owner) paid in exchange for creating a new time loop for some TRC related reason.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 12:22   Link #774
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

In chapter 3, Yuuko and Doumeki talks about a customer and how he/she is still unaffected by what's going on. I really can't help but speculate that they're talking about Watanuki here (though I could be completely incorrect).
Old 2013-04-03, 06:01   Link #775
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
In chapter 3, Yuuko and Doumeki talks about a customer and how he/she is still unaffected by what's going on. I really can't help but speculate that they're talking about Watanuki here (though I could be completely incorrect).
I made mention in my blog post (which will go up Thursday) that I think the Doumeki egg may be involved here somehow. Even if not, I agree that both Doumeki and Yuuko-san are either talking about Watanuki or are keeping something from him.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2013-04-06, 21:10   Link #776
ellifeedn
Thinker

The tension is starting to build.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 07:32   Link #777
Bern-san

I still have a weird feeling each time Yuuko says necessity instead of hitsuzen.
I really hope the first customer realizes what the other one is doing, I pity her.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:43   Link #778
AstroNerdBoy

Did something happen to the Rei manga that I'm not aware of? I don't think I know of anything after chapter 6, but that doesn't mean anything.

Old 2013-06-24, 22:01   Link #779
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Ok in chapter 10 page 4

Watanuki says "Go go, a little work for the good of our school."

Does anyone else think he looks just like the Watanuki towards the end of the series? Yuuko said something about unraveling a knot. I think Watanuki stayed so long and became so powerful that his time became jumbled and they are trying to make him realize what he is or something to fix the situation.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 05:29   Link #780
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Yeah he kinda looks like that too to me. Also:
>wish
>Watanuki keeps answering
>come back

It really looks like a hint that this is a genuine sequel and that Watanuki got involved in something wrong that made the world like this. But then again, this is Clamp.. there's no way they're going to drop huge hints like that intentionally at this part of the series

Tags
fantasy, seinen