AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2008-06-05, 11:36   Link #681
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Or, maybe they could make the second fumoffu at the same time they're making the next main plot season.
By doing that they are just wasting more time on a useless season. if a fumoffu and a serious 4th season are made, both will have to be worked on at the same time, that means both will not have COMPLETE devotion, both will be average at best.

NO MORE FILLER NO MORE FUNNY NO MORE CRAP!!!! FUmoffu was good but the plot is DEEP and NEEDS to be done, if a fumoffu came out it would be the worst mistake by kyoani ever it will be a disaster.
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 13:57   Link #682
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
NO MORE FILLER NO MORE FUNNY NO MORE CRAP!!!! FUmoffu was good but the plot is DEEP and NEEDS to be done, if a fumoffu came out it would be the worst mistake by kyoani ever it will be a disaster.
Wow, you're really taking this to the extreme. Yes, I think Fumoffu was the weakest out of the three seasons, but I still enjoyed it, and if they DID make another season like it, I wouldn't mind. After all, they CAN'T make another season that actually continues the main story at the moment. (Or, I actually haven't read the novels, but that's what I heard anyway.)
Old 2008-06-05, 18:44   Link #683
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Wow, you're really taking this to the extreme. Yes, I think Fumoffu was the weakest out of the three seasons, but I still enjoyed it, and if they DID make another season like it, I wouldn't mind. After all, they CAN'T make another season that actually continues the main story at the moment. (Or, I actually haven't read the novels, but that's what I heard anyway.)
And that's a good reason to believe they won't bother to at the moment. It is not like they are short on other shows to animate. There is the upcoming Clannad S2, Haruhi S2, Lucky Star OVA ... i wouldn't be surprised at all to see a Little Busters anime after that (i am dead certain it will arrive at some point) ... Planetarian movie/OVA if they decide so (Less likely i think). Key is coming out with Rewrite as well ...

Bottom line: i wouldn't start expecting new FMP before the story is done, and wouldn't be surprised at a wait even then. They are not short on options at the moment.
Old 2008-06-05, 21:49   Link #684
Raytheon117
Delphinus Pilot

When all these novels are compiled, how many episodes do you think it would be? Think it would be over 52? If it is (or isn't), they could pull a 'Geass-style cliffhanger' (OMG) on us and then we'd get our fill one at a time, but I don't see KyoAni doing that anytime soon.

But what do you guys think? Think they should pull like, cliffhanger ending seasons? I know I dont like the idea of that too much, but it's better than no FMP at all no? Or at least, for a long time...
Raytheon117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 00:15   Link #685
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Wow, you're really taking this to the extreme. Yes, I think Fumoffu was the weakest out of the three seasons, but I still enjoyed it, and if they DID make another season like it, I wouldn't mind.
What? The weakest? Maybe in comparison to TSR, but seriously, fumofuu is part of what kept me watching after the first season and on to TSR, which rocked. This is probably due to the fact that most of the first season was dedicated to mecha action and I hate mechas, but anyway, I've made my voice known.

Quote:
if a fumoffu and a serious 4th season are made, both will have to be worked on at the same time, that means both will not have COMPLETE devotion, both will be average at best
Well, that statement of mine was sort of a joke. I think they should make a second fumofuu after the next main-plot season.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 12:27   Link #686
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
And that's a good reason to believe they won't bother to at the moment. It is not like they are short on other shows to animate. There is the upcoming Clannad S2, Haruhi S2, Lucky Star OVA ... i wouldn't be surprised at all to see a Little Busters anime after that (i am dead certain it will arrive at some point) ... Planetarian movie/OVA if they decide so (Less likely i think). Key is coming out with Rewrite as well ...

Bottom line: i wouldn't start expecting new FMP before the story is done, and wouldn't be surprised at a wait even then. They are not short on options at the moment.
this is 100% true, if we are lucky fmp will be started in 2009 or 2010... my guess is 2011 is when FMP will be done, kyoani has ALOT on their plate and will takea while to bust it out.
Old 2008-06-07, 01:00   Link #687
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
this is 100% true, if we are lucky fmp will be started in 2009 or 2010... my guess is 2011 is when FMP will be done, kyoani has ALOT on their plate and will takea while to bust it out.
that load won't change, they're going to have to make time or a new fmp will never be released

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 03:55   Link #688
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
that load won't change, they're going to have to make time or a new fmp will never be released
That right there is my biggest fear... this series is so good... how can they put it on the back burner like this...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 12:32   Link #689
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That right there is my biggest fear... this series is so good... how can they put it on the back burner like this...
easily, they are doing it right now, they bit off more than they can chew and the series that benefits least is FMP.... FMP is like the disgusting peas on the plate that they don't want to eat unless their mom makes em LOL but if they only knew how good FMP tastes mmmmmm

but in all seriousness, even tho it is on the back burner kyoani is not stupid enough to not realize how good FMP is, they will finish it, but it will just take time... lots of it.... too much of it.... we all get angry >
Old 2008-06-14, 22:52   Link #690
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I'll hope im still alive when they decide to take FMP again.... seriously..... there is no point in making a new season if there is a gap of 10 years in between >.<
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 07:28   Link #691
Crontica

10 years.... do we look immortal to them? our lifespan can only stretch so far..
Old 2008-06-18, 11:03   Link #692
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

it has to be another series! i'll get crazy, if they will not animate rest of the novels... i'm reading yours posts every day to find out when they will do this...

it's a pity that i cant post here so often, because i don't know english so well, but i can read and that is enough for me now...

Last edited by Chidori<3; 2008-06-18 at 15:20. Reason: too big mistake... ;P
Chidori<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 12:19   Link #693
Subzero00

is there any thing the fans can do to speed the next series up?
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 13:58   Link #694
Sajuri

Send a message via ICQ to Sajuri
[QUOTE=Chidori<3;1662045]is has to be another series! i'll get crazy, if they will not animate rest of the novels... i'm reading yours posts every day to find out when they will do this...

... me too my friend...
Sajuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 14:59   Link #695
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
is there any thing the fans can do to speed the next series up?
No. They'll continue it when they have an actual decent ending-point, which they currently don't. So unless you want the next season to end on a cliffhanger, you'll just have to be patient, wait for the next light-novel to come out, and hope that it has a proper ending rather than just "To be continued... again".
Old 2008-06-19, 05:37   Link #696
Subzero00

Quote:
No. They'll continue it when they have an actual decent ending-point, which they currently don't. So unless you want the next season to end on a cliffhanger, you'll just have to be patient, wait for the next light-novel to come out, and hope that it has a proper ending rather than just "To be continued... again".
i though a few new novels after second raid were already out
Old 2008-06-19, 12:58   Link #697
Subzero00

as the fouth season hasn't come out and who knows when it will. Can someone please tell me whats the next manga/novel that continues from where the Second raid (Season 3) left of
Old 2008-06-19, 16:03   Link #698
Miles Teg

After Owaru Day By Day (OEDBD) aka the Second Raid you have :

Odoru Very Merry Christmas (DVMC)
Tsuduku On My Own (COMO)
Moeru One Man Force (BOMF)
Tsudou Make My Day (TMMD)
Semaru Nick of TIme (NOT)

Starting from COMO all the novel finish with a "cliffhanger" and the worst of all is probably BOMF.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 17:11   Link #699
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
After Owaru Day By Day (OEDBD) aka the Second Raid you have :

Odoru Very Merry Christmas (DVMC)
Tsuduku On My Own (COMO)
Moeru One Man Force (BOMF)
Tsudou Make My Day (TMMD)
Semaru Nick of TIme (NOT)

Starting from COMO all the novel finish with a "cliffhanger" and the worst of all is probably BOMF.
so Odoru Very Merry Christmas Start exactly where second Raid stops and where the new show will start when its finally made, Is this right? Also is it a continuation or at lease does it make references to the previous Second Raid? One last question where can i get these in english?

By the way Thx for your answers
Old 2008-06-19, 18:03   Link #700
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
so Odoru Very Merry Christmas Start exactly where second Raid stops and where the new show will start when its finally made, Is this right? Also is it a continuation or at lease does it make references to the previous Second Raid? One last question where can i get these in english?

By the way Thx for your answers
It doesn't pick up exactly where Owaru Day By Day left us, but it is the next main plot novel which means that you don't miss anything in between. The story simply continues.

And yes, you can get the books in English, but only three books have been released so far. (The first three books = Gonzo's Full Metal Panic!)

Click!

Tags
there is a god!