AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2009-04-09, 01:11   Link #1181
NoLongerSane

Unlike the Dragon Ball live action flick, I am willing to give Mandalay Pictures the benefit of the doubt since I have seen some of their works. They did Enemy at the Gates and Sleepy Hollow, which I thougth were great films due to the actors that were attained. The only problem that I may have if they were to go with the In to the Blue type actors (Paul Walker, Jessica Alba), then I may have a bit of a problem. If they are going to do a live action film based off one of my personal favorites, then I would like to see decent actors on it. As for picking an actor from the Disney pile, then no thank you.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 04:02   Link #1182
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Well it all comes down the actors and plot. They could do something like Fumoffu and then ommit the AS and GAUROn. Then again that is not waht FMP is all about. IF a Live action were to be made at all, i wish it was a Japanese produced flick. We will get subtitles and it would be more true to the story since the whole story goes aroudn japan. Yah true Kurz and Tessa are not japanese, but there is always something that can be done there. I just dont really want to see another white guy play a huge role (like goku), and ruin the entire movie.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:00   Link #1183
Grif

Zac Efron Linked with FMP live action movie

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ic-film-rights

I have a bad feeling about this.
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:07   Link #1184
FMPfan
MadAboutFMP

I hope this movie thing gets cancelled soon xD.
FMPfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:16   Link #1185
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

This will be really really bad.. I mean come on, its Zac Efron
I really dislike him.. Oh well I never watched FMP so I wont be watching this.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:19   Link #1186
KimmyChan

FMP and Zac Efron???!!! TOTALLY not a good combo!!! Oh god NO!!!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 12:22   Link #1187
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Oh, dear God. Someone need to tell Hollywood to leave our beloved anime the fuck alone. FFS, is there no end to the travesties that are ruining any and all reputation anime has? Surely other people feel the same as I do.
Old 2009-04-09, 12:50   Link #1188
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

OMG Zac Effron in FMP Zac Effron as Sousuke is just no, just no I will have nightmare now
Old 2009-04-09, 13:59   Link #1189
Eak
One angry cloud.

No, no, no, you all have it wrong! Zac Effron will play some guy that dies a horrible death because the producers know how much FMP fans hate Zac!

Just kidding... a live action sounds like a terrible idea.. I put it only a few steps better than Dragon Ball Evolution in terms of being viable.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 15:10   Link #1190
FeistyDreams

After taking some time to think about the movie... Maybe it won't be so bad if they do some of the 'before' stuff.
Spoiler for ANOT spoiler?:
, perhaps some of the events of Kyokuhoku Kara no Koe, maybe some young Kaname and her family life, why she ran away when, what, 8?, and then through the first book. As a movie goes, I can't see the first book taking up a full hour and a half-2 hours and still be entertaining, I think it would honestly drag on and be boring as live-action. If you add that other stuff and concentrate on the more interesting parts of the first book then I suppose you could have a decent movie.

I don't know. *shrugs* Just thinking, that might be a way to adapt it without ruining a lot of it. I think the school events just would not work particularly well because of all of the cultural differences.

Last edited by FeistyDreams; 2009-04-09 at 15:17. Reason: spoiler tag just in case
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 19:41   Link #1191
Subzero00

i think the movie will be really Sh*t but it will put lot of sport light on FMP which may give a new season a quicker go ahead
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 21:37   Link #1192
jzmagic
flargansbog

I'm glad a live action movie is being made, but im not psyched about zac effron being involved
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 11:15   Link #1193
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Well Usually I would be psyhed about a LAM as well if it was a Japanese project. Usually hollywood has the tendency of downgrading anything it touches... Take a look at the comic book movies.. they all sucked until Marvel actually had to take charge of the production. That being said, I seroiusly doubt that they will do a good job. Keep it to animated if you ask me, Dont think the jokes from FMP can really apply to a live aciton since most are based on souske using really dangerous things and having almost no one die.
Old 2009-04-10, 11:42   Link #1194
ChocaPik

If they do a LAM, I guess they will not insert all the comic parts. I think we will just have battles, some scene in the school. In fact it will just be another action movie. And I'm afraid for the arm slaves... I don't know I've always though puting these kind of thing in a movie would be too ridiculous.
ChocaPik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 12:34   Link #1195
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocaPik View Post
If they do a LAM, I guess they will not insert all the comic parts. I think we will just have battles, some scene in the school. In fact it will just be another action movie. And I'm afraid for the arm slaves... I don't know I've always though puting these kind of thing in a movie would be too ridiculous.
If using CG technology from TF then it's not that worrying; but my concern is upon the mecha designs. There's a possibility to turn those AS into biological mechas like TF, or simply become Super Robots......
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:15   Link #1196
LeoXiao
思想工作

They can't make FMP happen in 2 hours and if they do it won't be FMP.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 16:25   Link #1197
ChocaPik

They sure didn't do a bad job for transformers, but I don't know, I can't see right now the arm slaves in "true" with an actor piloting it... Right now I still think It will be quite ridiculous...

And for the limit time in a movie, I think they can make a good movie in 2 hours taking the main plot of the first season. For example, take RahXephon with 26 episodes, they made an anime movie with an alternative version of all the anime and it wasn't that bad, so I guess they can make something for the FMP LAM in 2 hours. In fact they always find something... And as for Transformers, they can make an opening in the end that would led to a second movie if the first run well.
ChocaPik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 16:53   Link #1198
ShadoWolf_CCT_FMP

when n where lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylu88 View Post
anybody hear anything about a full metal panic 3 or fumoffu2 or whatever?
when and where can i find out if there with be a fourth season?
ShadoWolf_CCT_FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 17:30   Link #1199
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

We dont know yet, which is the whole point of this thread. At the moment, besides TSR there hasnt been any OFFICIAL announcements of another season. I did hear,though, that in the blue-ray comentary for TSR one of the voice actors said there will be another season.

Most of us beleive that a new season will come when the novel main plot is completely done. So until then, well just have to wait.
Old 2009-04-10, 21:59   Link #1200
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0013922/
imdb says 2012, but the company's track record is absolutely horrible

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!