AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of these is the 'best' title?
Full Metal Alchemist 28 37.84%
Flame Alchemist 11 14.86%
Sewing Life Alchemist 4 5.41%
Iron Blood Alchemist 5 6.76%
Crystal Alchemist 2 2.70%
Strong Arm Alchemist 3 4.05%
Crimson Alchemist 21 28.38%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-15, 17:05   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Favorite State Alchemist Title?

Which of the titles given to the State Alchemists shown so far in the series (that is, the titles given to them by the Fuhrer) is your favorite? I think I've included everyone, but just in case, there's an Other option. I'm not including the Electroalchemist, because his title is our own creation ^^

Anyway, don't judge this on the character, rather on the title itself (or perhaps the alchemical power associated with it, maybe).

For me, it's down between Full Metal and Iron Blood, both of which sound really cool, but I think former Brigadier General Basque Gran takes the cooler title ^^ And man, was he amazing under influence of the Philosopher's Stone!
Old 2004-04-15, 17:39   Link #2
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Crimson Alchemist

I'll go with this one. Really foreboding/nifty sounding, moreso if it's granted prior to such vicious use. Sounds like something someone would slaughter with; War-like and all. And outside that, Kimberly's uses of it were pretty dang awesome to boot.

And what?! Gran looked silly with that philosopher stone. Like an over-grown chia pet Even if he had tried using it, Scar'd of blown him up before he got off a single bullet. Deluded Brigadier General! He needed more dashing. Yes, if he dashed like Scar did, he'd of won... sweet, precious dashing... Run, my Edward. Run to VICTORY!
Old 2004-04-15, 17:42   Link #3
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
I'll go with this one. Really foreboding/nifty sounding, moreso if it's granted prior to such vicious use. Sounds like something someone would slaughter with; War-like and all. And outside that, Kimberly's uses of it were pretty dang awesome to boot.

And what?! Gran looked silly with that philosopher stone. Like an over-grown chia pet Even if he had tried using it, Scar'd of blown him up before he got off a single bullet. Deluded Brigadier General! He needed more dashing. Yes, if he dashed like Scar did, he'd of won... sweet, precious dashing... Run, my Edward. Run to VICTORY!
Alas, the former Brigadier General was lacking in the ability of dashing, which the pimp and shorty in my avatar are damn good at, but I still think he looked great as the huge gun ^^
Old 2004-04-15, 17:45   Link #4
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Alas, the former Brigadier General was lacking in the ability of dashing, which the pimp and shorty in my avatar are damn good at, but I still think he looked great as the huge gun ^^
He was the ANTITHESIS of dashing! He merely rooted to the spot, and popped out guns. But I'll admit, it looked fairly effective all things considered. Moreso with how bulletproof he appeared to be. But I think hands-down coolest Amplified Power is Roy Mustang -- One fingersnap, and an entire city block went up in flames. Armstrong seemed just as destructive. One can only go so far with ping-bullets...
Old 2004-04-15, 18:13   Link #5
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Flame > Metal .
Old 2004-04-15, 18:23   Link #6
OMchan
オムちゃん

Full Metal!! ... Only because that's the name of the series!

Nah, it was between Full Metal and Flame, but I guess Full Metal won me over.

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2004-04-15, 20:12   Link #7
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
Full Metal!! ... Only because that's the name of the series!

Nah, it was between Full Metal and Flame, but I guess Full Metal won me over.
Nice avatar OMchan! Where'd you get it?
Old 2004-04-15, 20:37   Link #8
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Nice avatar OMchan! Where'd you get it?
It's from a scan from the May issue of Animage that I found. I just did some stuff to it.

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2004-04-16, 01:19   Link #9
Yoshi31
Resident Dinosaur

Send a message via AIM to Yoshi31 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshi31
burn! no its just a cool title "flame" and fire is my element
Old 2004-04-16, 12:43   Link #10
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
I'm going for Flame Alchemist too, I like fire and I like the gloves-makes-sparks thing hehe
Old 2004-04-17, 11:49   Link #11
rorosama

who and what are the crystal alchemists powers? I thought hughes was the crystal alchemist but someone stated he wasn't an alchemist at all.
Old 2004-04-17, 16:32   Link #12
Evolution

I just like the sounds of Crimson Alchemist
Old 2004-04-17, 19:29   Link #13
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Strong Arm alchemist... It just sounds pretty badass.
Old 2004-04-18, 05:01   Link #14
Palani
///_^

For me it's Crimson Alchemist. Just because it sounds cool and it's one of my fav colors.
Old 2004-04-18, 08:17   Link #15
Hunter Nin.

I voted for Crimson Alchemist, Cool Factor Five !
Old 2004-04-18, 20:56   Link #16
Sethi
StormRider

Me goes for Full Metal, i think it has a big impact when someone says there goes the Full Metal Alchemist, of course you lose all the impact when you see that the alchemist is in fact a foul mouthed small sized kid, but hey what counts is the name
Old 2004-04-18, 23:52   Link #17
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Full Metal Alchemist definately.
Old 2004-04-19, 18:39   Link #18
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
who and what are the crystal alchemists powers? I thought hughes was the crystal alchemist but someone stated he wasn't an alchemist at all.
Aye, Hughes was no alchemist. The Crystal Alchemist was Tim Marcoh, who I'm sure you recall from episodes 14-16 (he was shown in flashbacks in 12, mentioned in 13, and finally shown present day in 14). We never saw his powers, but he was one of the five strongest alchemists who wreaked the most havoc in the final day of the Ishbal massacre, also he was working on the Philosopher's Stone and wrote the guide to the Stone... anyway, I'm sure you remember
Old 2004-04-19, 18:47   Link #19
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Ditto. FMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Me goes for Full Metal, i think it has a big impact when someone says there goes the Full Metal Alchemist, of course you lose all the impact when you see that the alchemist is in fact a foul mouthed small sized kid, but hey what counts is the name
Foul-mouthed? Since when was Ed foul-mouthed? He maybe a lively one for a protagonist, but he certainly isn't foul-mouthed. If you're looking into that category - you're talking about Naruto, who's small sized, foul-mouthed, and not so bright.
Old 2004-04-21, 17:04   Link #20
rorosama

Quote:
Aye, Hughes was no alchemist. The Crystal Alchemist was Tim Marcoh, who I'm sure you recall from episodes 14-16 (he was shown in flashbacks in 12, mentioned in 13, and finally shown present day in 14). We never saw his powers, but he was one of the five strongest alchemists who wreaked the most havoc in the final day of the Ishbal massacre, also he was working on the Philosopher's Stone and wrote the guide to the Stone... anyway, I'm sure you remember
I do remember now. Thanks!
Closed Thread