Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-05-01, 17:32   Link #1
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

Post Radio Interview

I think this is newsworthy.

A few hours ago, I had a radio interview. It will be played on a number of radio stations in the United States on Saturday, May 3 around 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The live feed can be found at http://www.BusinessTalkRadio.net where they should keep it in the archives for about a month. This was the first interview of this type I have had and hopefully not the last.

The interview itself was conducted over the phone. Earlier they told me to treat it informally which I did. All the questions were ones I felt comfortable answering. Some minor trouble occurred when I tried to read a poem from one of my books. I had trouble holding the phone and turning the page so I put the phone down for a few seconds. The interviewer was probably used to that sort of thing happening and gave me more than enough time to prepare. Overall, I think it went fairly well. I look forward to hearing it.

Last edited by Lucky_Day; 2008-05-01 at 19:35. Reason: Left out some words
Lucky_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 19:40   Link #2
Kyomi
What do I know?

Nice, gratz... so is this about reading poems or something? are you a writer? It's pretty unclear what is the interview about. Though I can roughly guess, how about some more details?
Old 2008-05-01, 20:05   Link #3
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

I have 3 poetry books out: To Change The World And Other Poems, Believing, and Time Will Come. My website at http://www.swlucky.net currently contains all the poems, including rough drafts for my 4th book, Lucky. The poem I picked to read over the air was a religious poem and a short one. It is the 16th poem in To Change The World And Other Poems. (Being found in a book, this poem is of course copyrighted.)

THE CROSS
By ... S. W. Lucky

The cross, an instrument of death,
Unavoidable for the true follower of Christ.
Crosses come in many different
Shapes, sizes, and forms,
But we each have our own cross to carry
As Christ commanded us to do.
Do we seek to save our own lives
And dig pits to fall into
Or do we loose our lives for His sake
And build mountain peaks to ascend?
The answers are not always simple
But the cross remains in front of us
Whether we want to look away or not.
Each of us has our own cross to carry,
Like the cross Christ once carried for us.

I have also done work as a writing consultant with works ranging from children's fanfics to the real thing, including anime shows like Sailor Moon. My trademark is using the world "lucky", my last name, is an unusual way. Because of this, the anime Lucky Star is of particular interest to me which is why I first came here.
Old 2008-05-02, 08:43   Link #4
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Congratulations!

Creative writing is not one of my strengths unfortunately. I can see the image clearly in my head, but I usually lack the words to paint the image on paper. The few times I try, the result fails to do justice to what I originally had in mind. It might be a problem in craft, perhaps. Plus, I don't understand people well enough to create realistic characters.

Keep it up and I hope you achieve what you want.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 12:47   Link #5
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

The radio interview is now in the archives. It can be found here. My interview is in the segment from 36:00 to 43:45, 7 minutes 45 seconds in all. I have a copy of it in my computer and plan to put in on my website once I figure out how.

It was my first radio interview and it shows. Some pauses can be heard (or not heard) throughout the interview. Still, I think everything went smoothly.