AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-31, 14:02   Link #61
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Would it be alright to have individual thread about each new manga chapter that airs?
The Claymore forums here do it that way too...
Old 2009-12-31, 14:38   Link #62
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post
Would it be alright to have individual thread about each new manga chapter that airs?
"new manga chapter that airs" I assume you mean a new thread for each manga chapter released. Given the long term on-going situation of the manga, I personally don't think it's a good idea to have separate theads for every and each chapter. I know we do that in other forums but in practical terms it just clogs up the forum and doesn't really make it that easier to find or discuss the story. If one of the other Mods is willing to create a new thread every month/week, fair enough but I would not recommend it.

At best perhaps a new thread for every volume released (instead of every chapter). That way the threads will help those reading the translated American release and those reading the Japanese release.

Am I correct in thinking there are currently 68 chapters which make up 14 volumes?
Old 2010-01-01, 13:44   Link #63
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
"new manga chapter that airs" I assume you mean a new thread for each manga chapter released. Given the long term on-going situation of the manga, I personally don't think it's a good idea to have separate theads for every and each chapter. I know we do that in other forums but in practical terms it just clogs up the forum and doesn't really make it that easier to find or discuss the story. If one of the other Mods is willing to create a new thread every month/week, fair enough but I would not recommend it.
Sorry, you are right. I meant that. I got anime and Manga terms mixed up. :P
It would make it easier to find older discussions and for people who aren't up to date with the manga the topic contains mayor spoilers... Then again I understand your reasons for not wanting to.

Quote:
At best perhaps a new thread for every volume released (instead of every chapter). That way the threads will help those reading the translated American release and those reading the Japanese release.
While not perfect it would be an improvement imo. You might be on to something here. :P

Quote:
Am I correct in thinking there are currently 68 chapters which make up 14 volumes?
62 chapters make up the current 15 volumes. The rest have yet to be published in tankōbon format.
Old 2010-01-02, 22:11   Link #64
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post
It might not be a bad idea since I looked at the posts since chap 68 was released and its nearly 50. Obviously Claymore's chap 99 is already to 580 but thats Claymore. Bleach's latest is at 55 posts and Naruto's is about 170. I am taking in the fact that those two are weekly releases.

Also it seems there is consistant discussion bwtn the chap releases so this might be something to look into.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-01-03, 16:51   Link #65
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

That would make me one happy puppy!
Old 2010-01-03, 21:18   Link #66
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

I think it's just fine as it is.
Old 2010-01-04, 09:23   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well might not be a bad idea. Since the anime is done and it's only once a month shouldn't clog things up that much. But guess we'll see what happens.
Old 2010-01-05, 18:12   Link #68
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

I think it's important to keep our manga readers together. There's a good bit of discussion that goes on between chapters nowadays, and of course a rush as soon as the RAWs are online continuing for several days.

Admittedly, it would be useful to split things up a bit, but I think it's great to have our conversations overlap and compile over time.

Besides, if it were split then we'd face the issue of whether or not to make a thread for each chapter including the ones already released. That's a lot of threads lying around.

I think that if it is decided that there must or really should be a split, then it should be by volume. They're being released outside of Japan at a slow rate now.
Old 2010-01-06, 15:52   Link #69
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejellosphere View Post
I think it's important to keep our manga readers together. There's a good bit of discussion that goes on between chapters nowadays, and of course a rush as soon as the RAWs are online continuing for several days.
That's true but people who only read the English manga, wouldn't come to a manga thread that is filled with spoilers unless they are up to date with the Japanese manga. So you won't be losing anything there.

Quote:
Admittedly, it would be useful to split things up a bit, but I think it's great to have our conversations overlap and compile over time.
Again I agree, but disagree. Splitting it up would mean we get too separate discussions for the price of one...

Quote:
Besides, if it were split then we'd face the issue of whether or not to make a thread for each chapter including the ones already released. That's a lot of threads lying around.
We can just keep te old manga topic for chapters up til volume 17/chapter 69 or something. And then for each volume/chapter that is released we can get a new topic. It's not like we get more then 2-5 volumes/12 chapters every year...
Old 2010-07-31, 12:50   Link #70
GlassesLady
dat apple

Say, why isn't there a "what gender is Crona, anyway?" debate thread? We could totally use one.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
Old 2010-07-31, 13:49   Link #71
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Say, why isn't there a "what gender is Crona, anyway?" debate thread? We could totally use one.
Considering the series ended over a year ago I doubt there is a need for a new thread.

But if you want to discuss the gender of Crona, then please use the existing thread for such discussion.

Soul Eater - General Character Discussion
Old 2010-10-15, 09:47   Link #72
wolvenreign

Soul Eater Subs

Hey, I was wondering if someone could make a thread about the different Soul Eater subs out there? The sub I have on the episodes on my hard drive make some gross error translations. (A few examples: "shorty" instead of "flat chest", Blair's name is spelled wrong, Blair says "A cat has nine lives" instead of "You know what they say about cats", etc.)

I was also wondering if there was any way to swap out these subs.

(Before anyone asks, I do have the DVD collection. I just prefer watching them on my Linux box.)
Old 2010-10-15, 16:42   Link #73
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvenreign View Post
Hey, I was wondering if someone could make a thread about the different Soul Eater subs out there? The sub I have on the episodes on my hard drive make some gross error translations. (A few examples: "shorty" instead of "flat chest", Blair's name is spelled wrong, Blair says "A cat has nine lives" instead of "You know what they say about cats", etc.)

I was also wondering if there was any way to swap out these subs.

(Before anyone asks, I do have the DVD collection. I just prefer watching them on my Linux box.)
I would think that'd just go under the general anime discussion thread.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
Old 2011-08-16, 16:30   Link #74
Wittyname

I'd like to request a thread discussing the battle between Stein and Medusa.
Old 2011-10-15, 09:26   Link #75
Zordja

Hi there and pleased to meet ya

I'll go frank since dragging on something ain't in my nature.

I'd Like a Discussion Thread which would be like this

(title)
Soul Eater : The true story
(Optional) Manga to Animation?

(opening post topic content)
the thread would be used to discuss various items and other things about the current animation, the manga and the "True animation(which would be the manga turned to Animation)".

If this kind of thread already exist then no need to put this one up.
Closed Thread