AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 20:37   Link #221
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Not really, I was 100% positive that Maou was still alive after the fire.

Though, is it true the Epilogue was just a patch?
Old 2011-09-28, 01:57   Link #222
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

No it was orginally included in the game.
Old 2011-10-24, 00:04   Link #223
fukarming

Finally finish the game. Like everyone said, Haru's route is epic.

Though I don't agree that other routes are not worth visiting:

Spoiler for each route:

Spoiler for about Maou:
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 23:47   Link #224
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

started playing a-profile. Expected something a little more light hearted. Oh, how wrong am I?

The devil within me smirked as soon as darkness falls onto the plot .
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 09:36   Link #225
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post

Spoiler for about Maou:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-14, 00:13   Link #226
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

G SENJOU NO MAOU REVIEW

May as well start with the good parts. The writing style is rather nice, providing better description than the average VN and effectively characterizing the protagonist. Everyone else is also well-characterized, by which I mean they're consistent and just complex enough to be interesting. It's almost a certainty that you'll find one of the heroines to be cute. The story even does something clever once in a while.

As likely as that is to fail (and as often as it probably has), it actually is that epic in G-Senjou no Maou because the plot and characters are wonderfully designed, which by the way while never impossible to ignore, it takes effort (or perhaps a really shitty adolescence) to not let it get in the way of empathizing with the characters and their problems.

With all the unexpected twists and secrets and backstories needed to fill up three whole versions of the story, and arguably then some. Nothing feels unbalanced or forced or predictable, and something new always shows up the moment you thought your victory was certain. This is partly thanks to the fact that having three almost completely different retellings of the story allows every character to shine at least once, and for all of the secrets to come out. Especially in the final route, some of the reveals can truly make you feel the weight of the eons behind them.

As for the plot that allows this to happen, it's nothing all that original, although its told perfectly fine and has the interesting tendency to leave most of the major questions wide open even by the end. This felt consistent and intentional to me, so it turned into a positive by helping one focus on the psychological stuff instead of the plot.

But sadly, it was not perfect this time. Sometimes, there was simply too much unnecessary text between major plot points, or a random link to an amusing but also unnecessary infodump would kill a scene's momentum. Still, although many parts of the game felt like a slog to get to some answers, this never lasted for very long and it always felt worth it since almost every significant question gets an explicit answer somewhere.

"The Bad"
Somewhat it's hard to read, hard to understand, and if you're not a fan of mind screws and metaphysics it may be difficult to even finish this game. But everyone should at least enjoy some of the comedy/action/pseudoscience even if they're not following everything.

Routes/Endings Played: 100%.
Old 2011-11-15, 10:36   Link #227
SiegfriedCalibur
Tsundere Lover

Ah...one of my favourite pieces...Haru is the best, of course.
I finished her route first, so I wasn't able to complete others, though.
Old 2011-12-19, 07:39   Link #228
supervamp78

I'm truly into this game not even yume miru made met his excited. i think i might even finish it and it's been a long time since I've finished a whole game. But i have to say maou is my favorite villain of all time.

I think i know maou's true intentions
not I've only done tsubaki's and kanon's route now im in the last chapter. I'm not truly that interested in mizhua but seeing as how i really got into tsubaki and it was tame compared kanon her route really really got to me i was really trying to rush through kanon's route to get back to the main story but i got lost in it. man ohh man it was amazing.
but yeah so i have a theory of sorts someone said i was right but i haven't gotten another opinion it.

Spoiler for g senjou:

now the headaches really throw me off and the way they fizz out and then how maou acts on kanons route. it confuses this and so i think i've got another theory which may or may not be true

Spoiler for g senjou:
supervamp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 08:33   Link #229
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

No one have answered my question Does anyone here know whether g senjou drama cd had a continuation or not?

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2011-12-19 at 09:15.
Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 07:07   Link #230
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I started playing this... A month and a half ago? Tsubaki's route just dragged on for me and I found it hard to keep sinking hours into because I just didn't enjoy it but alas, I'm a completionist it so I soldiered on.

Finished her route both endings last Tuesday and continued on. Then came Kanon. I quite enjoyed her route and really enjoyed the changes to her character throughout the Good End path.

Finished her route last Friday afternoon and started Mizuha's route Saturday evening. She was my favourite early on - twin tails are win tails amirite? - and I really enjoyed her Good End and the conflict between the sisters was interesting. This was Sunday morning about 2am, didn't get much sleep that night!

The last twenty four hours between work and picking up a new rifle - yay! - I finished Haru's route and damn. What a ride.

Haru really grew on me during Mizuha's route but before that I shared Kyousuke's disgust towards her weird behaviour. XD

And the ending was very well done and left me wanting more.

Spoiler for end:

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 11:02   Link #231
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Maou existed/exists people, you'all better watchout
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monster_with_21_Faces
Old 2012-01-24, 04:54   Link #232
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Haru really grew on me during Mizuha's route but before that I shared Kyousuke's disgust towards her weird behaviour. XD
Hah, yea, I found it hilarious that Kyousuke was always bagging on Haru, and thinking she was disgusting. Then comes the last act and you really have something.

As for Mizuha's route, finding out about what he did with Mizuha's gift left me laughing for the longest time.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 23:53   Link #233
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

So, if this game ever gets a release on console or re-release on PC, what do you all think that would be good additions?
Personally, a Maou route either done as:
-A True path of his own, basically the true path in his POV minus Kyosuke, maybe
-An alternate one, completely new path
Spoiler:

Story tweaks. I feel that currently the game has too many plotholes and retcons, basically because
Spoiler:

And maybe a new girl/path?
Old 2012-09-08, 05:39   Link #234
kevs926

hello guys, im pretty hesitant on playing this one, because it gives off an impression of a dark story. i do not hate all those dark stuff, like murder, gore, blood. but i seriously hate the dark sexual/physical (example. sexual abuse, rape, attempted rapes, non-protagonist characters with sexual/romantic desires on heroines, torture) when the main heroines are concerned.

i am asking this because the previous VN i read Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo, ended up in a pretty similar situation.
Spoiler:
kevs926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 08:22   Link #235
Wigwams

there is no NTR here i if recall correctly...
Old 2012-09-08, 08:45   Link #236
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevs926 View Post
hello guys, im pretty hesitant on playing this one, because it gives off an impression of a dark story. i do not hate all those dark stuff, like murder, gore, blood. but i seriously hate the dark sexual/physical (example. sexual abuse, rape, attempted rapes, non-protagonist characters with sexual/romantic desires on heroines, torture) when the main heroines are concerned.

i am asking this because the previous VN i read Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo, ended up in a pretty similar situation.
Spoiler:
I have no idea if you got it wrong, but if you reach Natsumi's route, you learn that no, she wasn't subject to this. Anyone wouldn't even dare, otherwise they would also be in a tight spot.
Abuse, yes, sexual? no.

Likewise, there isn't anything of that sort in G senjou, except, similarly to Sharin, some individuals are morally deviant.
Old 2012-09-08, 13:09   Link #237
kevs926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I have no idea if you got it wrong, but if you reach Natsumi's route, you learn that no, she wasn't subject to this. Anyone wouldn't even dare, otherwise they would also be in a tight spot.
Abuse, yes, sexual? no.

Likewise, there isn't anything of that sort in G senjou, except, similarly to Sharin, some individuals are morally deviant.
Spoiler:

anyway good thing you cleared it up about g senjou
Old 2012-09-08, 17:35   Link #238
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Except that has nothing to do with sexual abuse.
Spoiler for Sharin no Kuni, End of Natsumi's route:

So no, you really misunderstood points in that regard.
Old 2012-09-08, 21:27   Link #239
Elvin

I thought the old manager was
Spoiler for old manager:
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:53   Link #240
kevs926

ok i may have misinterpreted about the
Spoiler:

and after reading that i was about to kill kittens

ok i just learned the meaning of NTR from vndb, and yeah thats what i totally want to avoid, no matter how minor (anything that causes jealousy for main char), and stuff like the one i just posted.

help me save kittens, thanks for your replies

Last edited by kevs926; 2012-09-08 at 23:18.