AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-15, 14:51   Link #18381
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Perhaps, quietly ask. (And yes, thank you for your previous answer.)
Information from TuaruViki.
About the Accelerator.
Quote:
Later it is revealed he originally wanted this reputation simply so that no one would ever get hurt trying to attack him, resulting in their own destruction, though as he went deeper into Academy City's dark side his goals slowly became more and more twisted.
"twisted": refers to violent or pacifist?
/ I have a problem with the perception /

And "though as he went deeper into Academy City's dark side his goals slowly became more and more twisted." This is meant at the time of the experiment or after it? Although I am unsure whether he wanted to increase
Old 2012-05-15, 16:26   Link #18382
Ashaman

Basically, it means that Accelerator wanted to become a Level 6 so people would be too scared to challenge him and effectively kill themselves by attacking him. If he was Level 6, no one would dare attack him, meaning no one would be hurt.

To do this he agreed to take place in the Level 6 project. What he didn't know at the time was that he had to kill the clones, not just defeat them.

Through manipulation, Accelerator was convinced that the Sisters were merely Dolls, and so it was alright to kill them.

But in killing so many of them, he grew more and more mentally unbalanced, until he lost sight of his original goal.
Old 2012-05-15, 22:39   Link #18383
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Basically, it means that Accelerator wanted to become a Level 6 so people would be too scared to challenge him and effectively kill themselves by attacking him. If he was Level 6, no one would dare attack him, meaning no one would be hurt.

To do this he agreed to take place in the Level 6 project. What he didn't know at the time was that he had to kill the clones, not just defeat them.

Through manipulation, Accelerator was convinced that the Sisters were merely Dolls, and so it was alright to kill them.

But in killing so many of them, he grew more and more mentally unbalanced, until he lost sight of his original goal.
Thankfully Touma came along and "killed" that illusion of his.
Old 2012-05-15, 22:43   Link #18384
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Thankfully Touma came along and "killed" that illusion of his.
The program was going to be killed one way or another. What we should be thankful about is that Touma helped Accelerator out in dealing with his issues.
Old 2012-05-15, 22:51   Link #18385
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The program was going to be killed one way or another. What we should be thankful about is that Touma helped Accelerator out in dealing with his issues.
I know because the plan wasn't worth the results considering that it failed the moment it started.
Old 2012-05-15, 23:39   Link #18386
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Twice in fact, Kamijou had to beat some sense into him twice before he finally gets it.

Imagine Breaker > Last Order's smile.
Old 2012-05-16, 00:01   Link #18387
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Twice in fact, Kamijou had to beat some sense into him twice before he finally gets it.

Imagine Breaker > Last Order's smile.
Imagine Breaker = the cure for everything and Captain Falcon's legacy.
Old 2012-05-16, 00:27   Link #18388
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I would imagine Accelerator would have mentally deteriorated so badly before he killed all of the sisters that the project would be halted for fear of innocents being hurt by his madness. With or without Touma's fist, the project would have failed methinks.
Old 2012-05-16, 00:37   Link #18389
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I would imagine Accelerator would have mentally deteriorated so badly before he killed all of the sisters that the project would be halted for fear of innocents being hurt by his madness. With or without Touma's fist, the project would have failed methinks.
Unlikely, even without considering how much of a bastards the scientists involve in the experiment are, the reason why he mentally accepted that killing clones is fine was because everyone told him so, it's this belief that ironically kept him sane-ish by convincing himself that they aren't actually human beings.
Old 2012-05-16, 01:57   Link #18390
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

While he didn't consciously consider the clones to be human, he did 'subconsciously'. I believe Last Order addressed this in one of the novels. Accelerator talked to every clone during the experiments and attempted to incite fear in them. He wanted the Sisters to be afraid... and thus want to stop participating in the project. And to note, Accelerator had the rule of 'only darkness, no civilians'.

If Touma hadn't interfered, I'd imagine it would've ended in one of three ways.
  • Bad End: Project is left incomplete for other reasons. Accelerator doesn't consider himself to be a bad guy. Err... bad villain.
  • Neutral End: Accelerator manages to 'humanize' the Sisters through fear. When this happens, he classifies the Sisters as 'innocent bystanders' and stops the experiments himself.
  • Neutral End 2: The Sisters aren't effected by Accelerator's threats. Although this happens, his guilt forces him to 'think' that they don't want to participate anymore. He stops the experiments. ( I think I did a fanfic on this...)

Personally, I don't see Accelerator as being too 'unhinged'. He had the philosophy of keeping all the 'darks' together while keeping the 'lights' separate. Like laundry. In the case of the Sisters, he was pretty sure they belonged with the 'dark' stuff, but was proven otherwise.

Last edited by rubix22; 2012-05-16 at 04:04. Reason: Revised after reading Sumeragi's comment.
Old 2012-05-16, 02:17   Link #18391
Sumeragi
Banned

Again, the project was designed to fail one way or another, since the main reason was to have Radio Noise spread throughout the world.
Old 2012-05-16, 02:22   Link #18392
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

Hmm ... His growing mental instability was manifested in the fact that he increasingly found useful in the murder of Sisters and kill them, bringing great physical loss of their bodies, for example, it is easy to take his hands or his feet, kicking and so on. And he was not to blame for this.
As strange as it may sound, I am very sorry for him. Yet after the experiment, Touma has the right to his brain, and this put a mark upon Accelerator's life. I think he really did not want to fight them (taking into account the fact that even while he was trying to establish contact with them), because he felt after the most disgusting and felt a sense of guilt. I agree with the Last Order.

Quote:
Bad End: Project is completed. Accelerator doesn't consider himself to be a bad guy. Err... bad villain.
Oh, really. But ... Who knows? Maybe even after that triumph, he soon realized something and started to blame myself. (Oh no, this end is even worse)
Old 2012-05-16, 02:29   Link #18393
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Again, the project was designed to fail one way or another, since the main reason was to have Radio Noise spread throughout the world.
Come to think of it, how were they planning on stopping the project anyway? Touma showing up was just an accident, right?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-05-16, 02:35   Link #18394
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Come to think of it, how were they planning on stopping the project anyway? Touma showing up was just an accident, right?
I don't recall either...

Were they betting on the Sister's to win at some point...? That's unlikely. Even more unlikely is for them to think that Accelerator would stop it himself... huh...
Old 2012-05-16, 02:39   Link #18395
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
I don't recall either...

Were they betting on the Sister's to win at some point...? That's unlikely. Even more unlikely is for them to think that Accelerator would stop it himself... huh...
The scientists themselves most likely thought the experiments would be successful. However, Aleister was going to stop the entire thing one way or another. Basically, almost everyone in the Radio Noise branch of the Level 6 Shift project were being fooled with.
Old 2012-05-16, 02:45   Link #18396
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
The scientists themselves most likely thought the experiments would be successful. However, Aleister was going to stop the entire thing one way or another. Basically, almost everyone in the Radio Noise branch of the Level 6 Shift project were being fooled with.
Creating 20000 clones and blowing through over half of them in an experiment you aren't interested in...

It seems hardly efficient for a city of advanced science. So, did Aleister forget to send the memo? Or did he think 20000 was a tad too many?
Old 2012-05-16, 02:47   Link #18397
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Really?

The entire concept of Accelerator reaching Level 6 was crap from the start, and since those dudes were in charge of it, they must have had some science that backed up what they were doing. I'd say they got fed fake info, but they must know enough to recognize that, right? Or maybe they got told the info was top secret and they were just following orders?

As for how they were going to stop it, perhaps they'd engineer a raid by Anti-Skill?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-05-16, 03:05   Link #18398
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Creating 20000 clones and blowing through over half of them in an experiment you aren't interested in...

It seems hardly efficient for a city of advanced science. So, did Aleister forget to send the memo? Or did he think 20000 was a tad too many?
Quote:
Really?

The entire concept of Accelerator reaching Level 6 was crap from the start, and since those dudes were in charge of it, they must have had some science that backed up what they were doing. I'd say they got fed fake info, but they must know enough to recognize that, right? Or maybe they got told the info was top secret and they were just following orders?

As for how they were going to stop it, perhaps they'd engineer a raid by Anti-Skill?
I wouldn't say the concept itself was crap, but Aleister planned it so that the program would fail one way or another, and have the Misaka Imoutos sent to the branches across the world for biological readjustments, just like what actually happened. Reason was to cover all parts of the world and thus set up a global AIM-field.
Old 2012-05-16, 03:17   Link #18399
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
I wouldn't say the concept itself was crap, but Aleister planned it so that the program would fail one way or another, and have the Misaka Imoutos sent to the branches across the world for biological readjustments, just like what actually happened. Reason was to cover all parts of the world and thus set up a global AIM-field.
As a person who has only read the New Testament novels and the SS's, I have to say... that's terrible management on Aleister's part.

So instead of creating the right number of Sister's he needs to send around the world, he instead okays the production of a fuckton of clones. And then he floats... and waits... until the numbers dwindle down to the amount he actually wants so that he can cancel the project and actually use them for their intended purpose. There seems to be an unnecessary step here.
Old 2012-05-16, 03:23   Link #18400
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
As a person who has only read the New Testament novels and the SS's, I have to say... that's terrible management on Aleister's part.

So instead of creating the right number of Sister's he needs to send around the world, he instead okays the production of a fuckton of clones. And then he floats... and waits... until the numbers dwindle down to the amount he actually wants so that he can cancel the project. There seems to be an unnecessary step here.
There are two reasons for this:

1. To keep the true purpose secret (conveniently making a selected number of clones and sending them around the world for readjustments without a purpose would raise quite a few eyebrows even within Academy City).

2. There needed to be motivation for the scientists to break international treaties and go clone the Imoutos. Let's face it: Do you really think even the mad scientists would have gone through all that trouble if there was no such bait such as Level 6?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen