AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-05, 23:52   Link #41
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
I've yet to see the first episode and hope it's not quite that bad... would be really a shame for the nice all-female premise.
It's not bad at all, and it's not entirely without fanservice either. Only one of the girls is scantily clad so far, but I'm sure more'll come along.

The sexuality is just downplayed compared to what you might expect out of this kind of anime. It's still there. I'd wish for more, but it's an enjoyable show either way.
Old 2011-04-06, 02:21   Link #42
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
However, it got a not very flattering article on Sankaku, recounting a not-so-good reception:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...e-without-ero/

"Sengoku Otome – Momoiro Paradox has aired to a less than positive reception, with viewers distinctly unimpressed by the new concept of an ero-anime with no actual ero, nipples, or even pantsu…"
I find it hard to pay attention to anything that ends up on SC because I lose a LOT of brain cells every time I navigate to that horrible weaboo pervert-ridden website. There's a lot of things in the world that shouldn't exist, and SC is definitely on my personal top 10 list of said things.

But I digress... Back to the main topic.

The moment the episode started, I knew it was going to be one of those shows. The kind that makes you go "Oh, boy" in a heightened pitch (or a lowered one; doesn't matter, really) about every 5-10 mins or so. Hideyoshi is not only stupid, but annoying. More often than not I can somewhat learn to tolerate characters who're one or the other. Put em' together and it's a force meant for evil. EVIL, I say!

It's obvious that this show isn't meant to take itself (or anything else, for that matter) too seriously. Other than the fact that it's an all-female cast. My yuri senses are tingling... Or rather, my "here-comes-a-show-with-hundreds-of-omg-in-your-face-potential-shoujo-ai-moments-but-none-will-ever-actually-happen-despite-all-of-the-implications-because-it's-a-parody-show" senses are tingling. This is one of few times where I don't mind that, though.

Red-headed lady is the reason I am continuing to watch this show. I'm so serious. I like her a lot, and I don't know why.

What else? Oh, yeah. Terrible OP. It can go die for all I care. The ED, however, is very nice. (Almost too nice for this show, really.) I would like to hear the whole thing.
Old 2011-04-06, 02:36   Link #43
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I find it hard to pay attention to anything that ends up on SC because I lose a LOT of brain cells every time I navigate to that horrible weaboo pervert-ridden website. There's a lot of things in the world that shouldn't exist, and SC is definitely on my personal top 10 list of said things.
Hm, exaggeration much?

anyways, looks like it's undergoing quite a few "changes" though, what with posting articles about 'serious' anime and the likes... <-- (sarcasm)
strangely enough, I have yet to see an article about Freezing special #1, but I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time.

my apologies for OT.
Old 2011-04-06, 02:44   Link #44
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

The red ponytail is mine! Mine I say! I care not who opposes me!

But first I have to get used to this series. Though, the ponytail is about several additional points on my "interest" list
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 02:52   Link #45
Wakan Tanka

It did enjoy this, I expectd something like Samurai Girls but to my surprise, it was much better, be it art or characters. I'll keep this on my list this spring.
Old 2011-04-06, 02:55   Link #46
ShiroiRyu

I enjoyed this ...
And for SC, if it's not a fucking pedo-loli, they will dislike a serie.
It's just that. :s
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 12:44   Link #47
Wakan Tanka

I think that the blue-haired teacher [Date] could also travel back in time, her office was full of weapons, and there was a suspicious red/crimson armor, it seems that she got some pieces of the Crimson Armor that Oda wants to find...is all this stuff supposed to be in school...
Old 2011-04-06, 15:04   Link #48
msg

Wall paper n character recognition

Spoiler for characters:

All of them are in pre sengoku era.A pioneer of a warrior samurai class.If i'm not mistaken theres two more hidden characters...
Old 2011-04-06, 17:30   Link #49
kramerica

Red-headed polynail = chifuyu-nee, that's probably why she's likeable :P

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 18:18   Link #50
Echoes

If I were to recall a character she'd done for a comparison as to why she's likable I'd go with Revy over Chifuyu, but whatever floats your boat. ^^
Old 2011-04-06, 19:33   Link #51
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post

But I digress... Back to the main topic.

The moment the episode started, I knew it was going to be one of those shows. The kind that makes you go "Oh, boy" in a heightened pitch (or a lowered one; doesn't matter, really) about every 5-10 mins or so. Hideyoshi is not only stupid, but annoying. More often than not I can somewhat learn to tolerate characters who're one or the other. Put em' together and it's a force meant for evil. EVIL, I say!

It's obvious that this show isn't meant to take itself (or anything else, for that matter) too seriously. Other than the fact that it's an all-female cast. My yuri senses are tingling... Or rather, my "here-comes-a-show-with-hundreds-of-omg-in-your-face-potential-shoujo-ai-moments-but-none-will-ever-actually-happen-despite-all-of-the-implications-because-it's-a-parody-show" senses are tingling. This is one of few times where I don't mind that, though.

Red-headed lady is the reason I am continuing to watch this show. I'm so serious. I like her a lot, and I don't know why.

What else? Oh, yeah. Terrible OP. It can go die for all I care. The ED, however, is very nice. (Almost too nice for this show, really.) I would like to hear the whole thing.
You don't like SC? I mean don't you like articles that look like someone took all the words one would normally say, ran them through a thesaurus, and let the lulz flow.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 20:12   Link #52
Dralha

Ep 1 was great: very funny stuff, cute protagonist, & a dash of fanservice.
Old 2011-04-06, 22:09   Link #53
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is good but it seems like if Sengoku Basara and Koihime Musou smashed together
Old 2011-04-06, 23:09   Link #54
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
You don't like SC? I mean don't you like articles that look like someone took all the words one would normally say, ran them through a thesaurus, and let the lulz flow.
lol, good one! that's a pretty funny description of Arti's writing skillz actually.
Old 2011-04-06, 23:40   Link #55
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
That's exactly why I dislike it. I hate anything that encourages a lack of intelligence... or dignity, for that matter. =_=;

Edit: For the record, I'd thought I'd come back and say that I personally wasn't exaggerating in my post. I hate that website, and that's exactly what I think of any non-Japanese person who navigates it, frankly.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2011-04-07 at 17:25.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 23:52   Link #56
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
This is good but it seems like if Sengoku Basara and Koihime Musou smashed together
Well, speaking of SB, I would pay to see Yukimura from SB shacking up with Shingen in Sengoku Otome.

"Oyakata-jou Sama!"

"Yu-ki-mu-ra!"

And Shingen is the dominant gal in the relationship
Old 2011-04-06, 23:54   Link #57
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
If I were to recall a character she'd done for a comparison as to why she's likable I'd go with Revy over Chifuyu, but whatever floats your boat. ^^
I'm going with Chifuyu-nee this time around, because I always dreamed of giving her a ponytail, and now I got my wish! Dreams do come true! *cough* like that Freezing incident I went through*cough*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 04:27   Link #58
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

i've found the 1st episode quite decent. It has decent animation and the plot isn't all that that usual. Lets hope future episodes will continue to improve
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 04:52   Link #59
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Hm, exaggeration much?
Well, a bit exagerated yes but SC is the worst website for reliable news, is more like mmosite about online mmo if you know what i'm talking about.

Btw, is not a bad first episode, i will watch more.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 11:18   Link #60
kramerica

SC is a site that I go to mainly to see how bad it can be :P

It's like how /a/ jokes about 3DPD, but SC takes it seriously.

Back on topic, I'm still on the fence on this show. It was just ok for a start. And the whole girl falling into another world is reminding me of Himiko-den more.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote