AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-08-21, 09:10   Link #341
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

You were bought by all sis-bro con around the world, weren't you?

Genetics says, evolution means diversity, so it's only logical to look for the things we don't have in other persons.

As for this case, it's a scientific fact that siblings that hadn't seen each other during their childhood have more possibilities of being attracted to each other

Anyway, it will be sad if they won't end up together.

---

Chapter 3 done, but there are some things to fix before and the usual revision that takes us several times to get this perfect.

A little teaser from my editor:

Spoiler for Something we know already:

Last edited by Syokool; 2012-08-21 at 12:37.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 09:23   Link #342
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
You were bought by all sis-bro con around the world, weren't you? :heh

Genetics says, evolution means diversity, so it's only logical to look for the things we don't have in other persons.

As for this case, it's a scientific fact that siblings that hadn't see each other during their childhood have more possibilities of being attracted to each other

Anyway, it will be sad if they won't end up together.

---

Chapter 3 done, but there are some things to fix before and the usual revision that takes us several times to get this perfect.

A little teaser from my editor:

Spoiler for Something we know already:
Haha, although I'd add pragmatically, that incest for a society as a whole is a terrible terrible thing, I would add that we do "pure breed" animals to encourage the concentration of beneficial genes.

Good to arrive yourself 5 mins early to snag a parking spot, bad if everyone arrives 5 mins early, everyone just got 5 mins less of sleep ..

It's one of those situations that has me constantly reflect on the speech from Code Geass: "All men are not created equal!"

Theoretically, in the long run we should encourage the interbreeding (if not outright selective breeding, including incest if necessary) of the smartest and healthiest members of our society.. - but then again, it's one of those "good for a few, bad if everyone does it kind of things.."
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:54   Link #343
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
^ lol
I think in Mahouka universe, SORE WA TOTSUZEN, UNMEI NO AITE GA manga technology already in their grasp, lets hope this author some how stumble upon this manga and altered it to give a chance for Miyuki hehehehe
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 12:24   Link #344
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Spoiler for Spoilers from the LN:

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-08-21 at 13:16.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 12:39   Link #345
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers from the LN:
To me, it's not so much the name ( stories can expand beyond their naming ), but rather the entire set-up of the series. And keeping the same name makes sense from a branding perspective. You don't just 'shake' a built-up brand name just because the story inside changes.

Fundamentally, so far what we've seen is that the series' core cast of characters are the 'high-schoolers', and a large part of attention are given towards building that side of the story.

At the same time, we've got an underlying deeper plot... that's way above and beyond every other member of the regular cast. It's basically a totally different world in regards in the plot and story development in-place.

The easiest way would be to treat Rettousei like a masked superhero storyline, where the story draws a very distinct and clear line between the 'high-school life' and the 'superhero life.' Characters from both sides of the line may somehow be involved with the other side partially, but the line is there.

Technically, this kind of development is the one that makes the most sense since it creates a very rational set-up that doesn't forcefully rock the boat in terms of the role of the characters ( nothing crazy like regular high-schoolers getting involved in high-level conspiracies and somehow managing to have the power to match professionals ), but at the same time, it's also one of the most boring ways to do it. Part of the appeal behind these kind of dual-sided worlds is how other characters find themselves in that other world, and creating a very rigid separation of it is a limitation.

The other way would be to create scenarios where the high-schoolers get involved, by plot device or other mechanisms, but that would beg the question of 'what can they do?' It's like having Lelouch's friends joining the Black Knights even though they can't pilot KFs.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-08-21 at 13:16.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 12:59   Link #346
larethian

@Kleeyook Doh, even if they are not detailed spoilers, please stop giving away information about the MC which cannot be possibly known from the latest chapter of the manga.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 17:43   Link #347
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

I wonder, how many people here have only read the manga.

By now, a lot know the general plot thanks to summaries and so. Even Yuutousei 3 have quite a little spoiler about Honoka and Tatsuya...

Last edited by Syokool; 2012-08-21 at 18:46.
Old 2012-08-22, 00:47   Link #348
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
*Raise his hand*

I am very grateful for them since they generaly have more details on characters interactions.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 01:02   Link #349
larethian

Quote:

By now, a lot know the general plot thanks to summaries and so. Even Yuutousei 3 have quite a little spoiler about Honoka and Tatsuya...
While they may not be saying anything and just lurking, just the same for SAO and Index, there is actually a large population who ONLY (read manga/watch anime) because they are not novel readers even in their own native languages/countries, simply because they can't stand large chunks of words.
Old 2012-08-22, 01:47   Link #350
leokiko

I would even say that most people don't read the LN(or LN's in general if it has a manga). It's fairly normal, actually.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 01:53   Link #351
BakuDan
Let's count up your sins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
While they may not be saying anything and just lurking, just the same for SAO and Index, there is actually a large population who ONLY (read manga/watch anime) because they are not novel readers even in their own native languages/countries, simply because they can't stand large chunks of words.
I hated novels with a passion with this exact reason. This is the first novel I read and slowly getting to read other novels by BT using their reader app.
Old 2012-08-22, 02:06   Link #352
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

With the right 'motivation' I believe anyone will read any novel in any barely understandable language
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 02:07   Link #353
Seitsuki
Onee!

You think that's bad? Try having to TL them.

allergic to text
Old 2012-08-22, 02:47   Link #354
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I dislike most novels as well. LN are not too long and quite easy to pick compared to most novels in general though.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 02:56   Link #355
kfcpanda

eh, i don't mind reading things that i like/find interesting though.

i mean hell, if i had english versions of mknr i'd blaze through all 6 arcs in a day
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 03:05   Link #356
larethian

Errrhh, why are we suddenly discussing 'NOVEL READING'? LOL.
I'm only just trying to point out to LN readers not to post future spoilers from LN so as not to drive manga-only readers who are allergic to spoilers out of this thread. And the thing is, nearly any spoiler on this series are REALLY BIG-TIME SPOILERS. They totally kill the enjoyment for spoiler-allergic people.
Old 2012-08-22, 03:45   Link #357
BakuDan
Let's count up your sins!

My fault, forgot to put in "light" before the novel. Too lazy to edit it now.
Old 2012-08-22, 07:40   Link #358
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Not really, I think it's my fault... I was wondering that, but I kind of understand. Spoilers (tough, here there are Mega-spoilers) only give a gist of the plot.

As for manga, it's quite easy to read compared to LN. Specially here, tough Tatsuya is more expressionless in the novel actually.

I think, with both manga series, we will be able to have a more complete understanding about the whole series.
Honestly, MKnR manga is doing it well, and Yuutousei also. I wouldn't take the spin-off (as I usually do) but it has two things: Miyuki, and covers some holes in the story.

---

The last teaser form my friend

Spoiler for Yuutousei ch.3:

This time, I will be really mean, and upload first Spanish version, and after a day or less English version to make sure to save some changes in ch.2 in Batoto, as well as upload the chapters in another server.
Old 2012-08-22, 10:37   Link #359
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
strange.... I think that page is from mahouka

Last edited by surerman; 2012-08-22 at 10:50.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 10:47   Link #360
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

IIRC, this is the page from ch.2...

Spoiler for chapter 2:

Tags
irregular, koukou, mahouka, manga, rettousei, school life, shounen, yuutousei