AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-25, 09:32   Link #1
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

censoring Midori no Hibi

This might be old news but i read somewhere that Animax's broadcast of Midori no Hibi has been censoring nipples as compared to the terrestrial broadcast of the TV anime Midori no Hibi.

Censorship...
Old 2004-05-25, 09:47   Link #2
project_00

So more children can watch it I guess. More marketable among the kids
Old 2004-05-25, 10:01   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I personally don't mind this kind of censorship very much...the nip is not that detailed to begin with, so it's not really a big deal. Besides, I'm already used to no-nip from so many ecchi fanservice manga series. In fact, I won't even mind if LoveLove (haha...too late for that!) and KonoMini (might be possible?) decide to do this as well!

Blasphemy OMG, I know! >_<
Old 2004-05-25, 12:19   Link #4
state_alchemist

I agree, I've watched tons of anime and all the nipple shots don't bother me. But if the company that is showing it wants to make money, they will most likely have to censor some things so they can sho it to little kids.

And on a side not, Sarcasteak, was I just seeing things or WAS there an ep. 1 for LoveLove here at AnimeSuki? Because I thought that I saw it here, and it's not on the licensed. I'm confused.
Old 2004-05-25, 12:46   Link #5
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

it's not that big of a deal hehe
Old 2004-05-25, 12:49   Link #6
brightman
Ancient Member

It's more likely due to network guidelines... It makes little sense to not censor it for the UHF broadcasts and censor it for Animax if it was because of children. Animax probably has stricter rules regarding the detail of nudity allowed.

The audience for this show isn't intended to be children anyway.
Old 2004-05-25, 13:09   Link #7
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
But Animax is a cable/satelite channel... how does it fall under a stricter guideline than public airwave?

Same thing with Melody of Oblivion--this is just my speculation--that are portions where nudity would have been rampant, but nothing is shown during the TBS(public airwave?) broadcast, which happens to air earlier and is the primary source of the Melody of Oblivion raws that we get. Melody of Oblivion has another, later slot on BS-i Satelite channel, which handles the now notoriously nudy "Konomini." I wonder if there's a super-fanservice edition of Melody of Oblivion out there
Old 2004-05-25, 14:02   Link #8
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
But Animax is a cable/satelite channel... how does it fall under a stricter guideline than public airwave?

Same thing with Melody of Oblivion--this is just my speculation--that are portions where nudity would have been rampant, but nothing is shown during the TBS(public airwave?) broadcast, which happens to air earlier and is the primary source of the Melody of Oblivion raws that we get. Melody of Oblivion has another, later slot on BS-i Satelite channel, which handles the now notoriously nudy "Konomini." I wonder if there's a super-fanservice edition of Melody of Oblivion out there
Because "Midori no Hibi" airs:

UHF Channels started on April 4th:
TV Kanagawa - every Saturday 24:30~25:00
Chiba TV - every Sunday 23:30~24:00
TV Saitama - every Sunday 24:35~25:05
KBS Kyoto - every Sunday 25:15~25:45 (except for first week of each month 25:45~26:15)
TV Aichi - every Monday 25:58~26:28
SUN TV - every Tuesday 24:00~24:30

CS Satellite started on May 9th:
Animax - every Sundays 17:30~18:00

As you can see, the UHF broadcasts air first and is about four weeks ahead of the Animax version. Also, UHF broadcasts air "Midori no Hibi" very late at night - marked for an "older audience."

On the other hand, the Animax CS Satellite broadcast is four weeks behind the initial UHF broadcast, and airs on a more golden time at 5:30~6:00PM - the timeslot when kids watch the show.
Old 2004-06-01, 23:41   Link #9
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

brief flashes i dont care about but i felt it was a bit too much when Seiji's sister's nipples were shown for half the show...
Old 2004-06-02, 02:02   Link #10
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
brief flashes i dont care about but i felt it was a bit too much when Seiji's sister's nipples were shown for half the show...
for once i actually agree with this...
even MIDORI wore a towel!
Old 2004-06-02, 19:08   Link #11
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
meh, i think it was done to show off her personality. In the sense that she wouldn't be the kind of person who would wear a towel.
Old 2004-06-02, 19:17   Link #12
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Then they could have had them submerged in the water. Or if they wanted her to be really care free they could have had her walking around the bath or sitting in front of seiji with her legs spread eagle or something.
Old 2004-06-02, 19:21   Link #13
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Then they could have had them submerged in the water. Or if they wanted her to be really care free they could have had her walking around the bath or sitting in front of seiji with her legs spread eagle or something.
i agree, her breasts were half submerged already...
Old 2004-06-03, 21:16   Link #14
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

This censoring thing is quite freaky indeed
Well, as long as I can see the uncensored version...
Old 2004-06-03, 23:41   Link #15
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
This might be old news but i read somewhere that Animax's broadcast of Midori no Hibi has been censoring nipples as compared to the terrestrial broadcast of the TV anime Midori no Hibi.

Censorship...
thats gonna be my avatar!... oh wait. it has nipples. it cant be... ...

thats good to know. i was wondering if she had her nipples surgically removed, for they showed basically the whole breast, and no nipple. that makes lots more sense.
Old 2004-06-04, 00:38   Link #16
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
thats gonna be my avatar!... oh wait. it has nipples. it cant be... ...

thats good to know. i was wondering if she had her nipples surgically removed, for they showed basically the whole breast, and no nipple. that makes lots more sense.
they do that a lot in anime and manga actually:
Narutaru: "Otohime" has no nipples (anime)
Everything Akamatsu: not a nipple in sight (anime AND manga)

and the weird part is, some of these AREN'T actual edits
Old 2004-06-05, 03:36   Link #17
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Narutaru: "Otohime" has no nipples (anime)
She might, she just has locks of hair glued to them. :P

It's like that in the manga, too. With all the other....things Narutaru gets down to, I don't see why they bother.
Old 2004-06-05, 07:04   Link #18
Rand
Dragon Reborn

Seeing tits in Midori No Hibi does not bother me but i think it is just standard fan service.

Well maybe it's another question but...this thread pushes me to ask : why do they have to draw such big boobs? Can't they make something a bit smaller??? Moreover, Midori is rather small and young...
Old 2004-06-06, 23:05   Link #19
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I think the nipples and breast are fine ... in the other hand Ragnarok the animation the archer girl has really HUGE breast they are like the size of her head.. lol ... but there is no fan service in Ragnarok.. >.<
Old 2004-06-08, 03:02   Link #20
Gods Will

Send a message via AIM to Gods Will
if there not going to censor they should not censor everything
Closed Thread