AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-09-17, 09:36   Link #21
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumja
Thx Kagari. Heh, it looks like keep/anbu for this one eh? G'luck.

Anyway, I like this andrewlb site. It'll definitely reduce the oversubbing going around.
You're damn right you do.

But nothing stops over subbing.
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 13:35   Link #22
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
Good idea.

Just a thought, though: wouldn't "Sesame Street" be considered licensed, considering the fact that it's an American show? Or is this something completely different?
I think this Sesame Street here should be referring to the manga by Matsumoto Izumi, none other than the author of Kimagure Orange Road, which should be totally different from the American show...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 15:40   Link #23
Emeraldas

Send a message via AIM to Emeraldas Send a message via Yahoo to Emeraldas
Hm. Bleach looks stupid. Hope the rest of the fansubbers lay off it.
Emeraldas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 19:47   Link #24
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Ahem, after seeing this thread on the Animenation forums, I can safely say that someone BETTER SUB MUSUMET! Please, please, please!!! Someone HAS to sub this....I don't even care about Gakuen Alice and Lyrical Whatsit anymore....please..
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 20:33   Link #25
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

Send a message via AIM to Kagari-chan Send a message via MSN to Kagari-chan
No one's going to lay off Bleach... just look at all the groups planning on doing it...
Kagari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 20:36   Link #26
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

If there are any groups considering Meine Liebe, and wouldn't mind breaking in a noob in whatever grunt capacity, I really want to be involved in this next Bee-Train series somehow. Despite the "pretty-boys-in-capes" thing. I've got scads of processing power to spare, some basic experience in encoding, and halfway-decent cable-modem bandwidth.

And if there's someone who'd like to try their hand at translator and who would consider starting up a noob fansub group with me just for the heck of it, I'm interested in that too.
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 21:05   Link #27
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini 8.5
If there are any groups considering Meine Liebe, and wouldn't mind breaking in a noob in whatever grunt capacity, I really want to be involved in this next Bee-Train series somehow. Despite the "pretty-boys-in-capes" thing. I've got scads of processing power to spare, some basic experience in encoding, and halfway-decent cable-modem bandwidth.

And if there's someone who'd like to try their hand at translator and who would consider starting up a noob fansub group with me just for the heck of it, I'm interested in that too.
TheClem@gmail.com => email me and we can work something out. I would love to sub Meine Liebe.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 21:12   Link #28
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Oh yeah, looks like no takers yet for Gunbuster2
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 03:09   Link #29
lamer_de

As you can see, the list covers around 6 groups. I'm pretty sure everything besides the shows aimed at pre-shoolkids will be subbed (and, well, you can't even be sure on that, the Triad seems to like those shows :P).

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-09-18, 03:45   Link #30
megumidk
Chii ?

I have worked a bit on the list in the top of this thread and added various pictures that I have been able to dig up, here:

http://battledolls.com/new/new.htm

It is mainly intented as a small preview page for danish fansub lovers, but until most shows airs, and we can get the reviews up, its close enough to english for most people to understand
megumidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 10:11   Link #31
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by megumidk
I have worked a bit on the list in the top of this thread and added various pictures that I have been able to dig up, here:

http://battledolls.com/new/new.htm

It is mainly intented as a small preview page for danish fansub lovers, but until most shows airs, and we can get the reviews up, its close enough to english for most people to understand
I don't know how Roxfan has set it up, but you should be able to use the AndrewLB/fansub site to set up your own list if you folks are intending to fansub things in a different language.

You can set up tables like this:
|~title|~link|~desc|~group|
|Blah|[[http://andrewlb.com/]]|Who cares?!|United Naruto Groups (200 members)|

And you can make the comment thing at the bottom with #pcomment

Lot of text formatting stuff here. http://tec-tech.org/index.php?Help
Just, you know, make sure to specify the language and whatnot. I doubt Rox would mind much.

Er, if he DOES mind, feel free to use mine: http://andrewlb.com/wiki
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 13:46   Link #32
Rotweiler

I hope Yakitate and Gakuen Alice are subbed caused they are two of the more popular series in Japan. There's no question that everyone and their mother are going to sub Bleach.

Awww, now that I think about it, I also want to see Rozen Maiden and Genshiken. Someone SUB THEM PLEASEEEEE!!!
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 18:17   Link #33
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotweiler
I hope Yakitate and Gakuen Alice are subbed caused they are two of the more popular series in Japan. There's no question that everyone and their mother are going to sub Bleach.

Awww, now that I think about it, I also want to see Rozen Maiden and Genshiken. Someone SUB THEM PLEASEEEEE!!!
Um.. check the list before you howl for a group to sub a series. Rozen Maiden is going to be done by A-Keep. Yakitate is is going to be done by A-E. Genshiken is going to be subbed by a Solar & A-Faith joint. Jeez...
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 18:42   Link #34
chImp

Yeay, Yakitate Japan anime \o/
chImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 19:59   Link #35
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Wow, so many new series coming up this fall. I need to check them all out to see which shows are of interest to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
I really hope that someone picks up To Heart.
Agreed. I loved To Heart. I checked the list, and I can't believe no one picked up To Heart: Remember my memories yet. Anyone who subs To Heart will have my eternal gratitude.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 20:22   Link #36
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
lots an lots of series, but still lots of oversubbin...

but, ya...
Baka-Fansubs is thinkin of Sunabouzu (Sandpriest)...
but nothing is certain until something is done...
TaMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 23:18   Link #37
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I checked the list, and I can't believe no one picked up To Heart: Remember my memories yet.
I can't make any guarantees, but if no one picks it up by the time the first ep airs, I'll sub it myself.
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 01:12   Link #38
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumja
I can't make any guarantees, but if no one picks it up by the time the first ep airs, I'll sub it myself.
THANK YOU THANK YOU ! For making sure that To Heart: RMM will be subbed. I'm really looking forward to it. What group are you in? Or do you help out various groups?

On the topic of oversubbing, I don't think oversubbing can be avoided. There is definitely more (active) fansubbers than new shows. Think about the ratio between fansubbers and new shows coming up. If fansubbers are spread evenly, there's probably at least 2:1, 3:1 or even probably 4 fansubbers per show. I'm not exactly sure how many (active) fansubbers there are in existence right now...
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 05:23   Link #39
nubby

I hope someone picks up School Rumble. I love the manga.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 09:11   Link #40
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
On the topic of oversubbing, I don't think oversubbing can be avoided. There is definitely more (active) fansubbers than new shows. Think about the ratio between fansubbers and new shows coming up. If fansubbers are spread evenly, there's probably at least 2:1, 3:1 or even probably 4 fansubbers per show. I'm not exactly sure how many (active) fansubbers there are in existence right now...
That isn't really the explanation. If it was so, we wouldn't have several shows that go unsubbed every season.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote