AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-03, 16:27   Link #81
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Well seeing that the latest scanlated chapter was released over a month ago, there should be a raw of chapter 56 right?
Old 2009-08-03, 21:47   Link #82
kuru moon

Afternoon Magazine should be already released, but nobody scan them.
kuru moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 07:47   Link #83
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Vinland Saga don't have anybody to translate them.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 15:24   Link #84
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

There is HOX!
Old 2009-08-06, 13:39   Link #85
JMvS
Rawrrr!

New chapter is out! (and now I need some translation...)
Old 2009-08-06, 13:48   Link #86
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Oh dear... a 7-volume prologue. The art is ridiculously detailed (the hair!), and I'm very, very impressed by the writing.

By the way guys, I recommend reading this while listening to E.S. Posthumus. The semi-historical epicness fits too well.
I read certain parts while listening to moonsorrow. It was creepy how well the music lined up with certain scenes. definitely was awesome though.
Old 2009-08-07, 21:49   Link #87
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
What the fuck happened to the old thorfinn >: (
Old 2009-08-08, 00:47   Link #88
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
New chapter is out! (and now I need some translation...)
Oh, Einar, what a simple man.

It's only been a year, and Thorfinn's all broken. Can't wait to see him wake up.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 01:33   Link #89
sumowow

Ive got to say that
Spoiler:
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 12:58   Link #90
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What the fuck happened to the old thorfinn >: (
lost the will to live.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 02:25   Link #91
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
lost the will to live.
Ya but didn't thinK Cnut would abandon him like that.

On another note, rearranging 'Cnut' gives you 'Cunt', so maybe that was to be expected.

Last edited by paradox13; 2009-08-09 at 03:09.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 05:06   Link #92
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Ya but didn't thinK Cnut would abandon him like that.

On another note, rearranging 'Cnut' gives you 'Cunt', so maybe that was to be expected.
you would think his uncle would have enough money to buy him back. maybe he thought that he going far away from the prince/king would be good for him. With that prince as the king i can see how the vikings lost control of England.
Old 2009-08-09, 06:09   Link #93
Belial13

damn, the last 2 chapters were boring as hell, hate it when 1 chapter a month manga become this boring, have to wait a year or more for them to become good again ><
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 10:28   Link #94
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
you would think his uncle would have enough money to buy him back. maybe he thought that he going far away from the prince/king would be good for him. With that prince as the king i can see how the vikings lost control of England.
The historical Knut was the last of the great and successful Viking kings*. With that prince as the King I can see how the Vikings of his era ruled the Northern Seas.

Plus, did you somehow miss the whole character development of his that's been driving the plot for the past few volumes? How the naive pretty little boy was roused to curse God and declare his intention to rule?

*The last of the great but not so successful Viking kings would be Harald Hardrada of Norway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial13
damn, the last 2 chapters were boring as hell, hate it when 1 chapter a month manga become this boring, have to wait a year or more for them to become good again ><
That's called good storytelling. Not every action manga can make every chapter one action-packed gorefest after another. In fact, if they do so, the story probably suffers*. Vinland Saga taking time to rebuild the tension after a thrilling climax is in fact a demonstration of what good epics do.

Come back in a few months or something.

*I make one, and only one, exception to this: The Ravages of Time, because it's something of a highly theatrical rendition of the legendary Three Kingdoms story.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 11:06   Link #95
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
That's called good storytelling. Not every action manga can make every chapter one action-packed gorefest after another. In fact, if they do so, the story probably suffers*. Vinland Saga taking time to rebuild the tension after a thrilling climax is in fact a demonstration of what good epics do.

Come back in a few months or something.

*I make one, and only one, exception to this: The Ravages of Time, because it's something of a highly theatrical rendition of the legendary Three Kingdoms story.
I can see the drama. That new slave has fallen for the pretty new slave and i bet she is going to fall for thorffin.
Old 2009-08-09, 13:27   Link #96
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I can see the drama. That new slave has fallen for the pretty new slave and i bet she is going to fall for thorffin.
My guess is that she won't fall for Thorfinn and that there will be some other event that 'wakes' Thorfinn up, be it trouble with the free workers or some attack/trouble from people from the outside.
BTW, I am seriously in trouble now since all manga I follow are ongoing and I always have to wait quite some time for new chapters, I really hate this...
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 14:23   Link #97
sumowow

Is it me or did that girl that Einar fall in love with seem a bit too clean? If anything she might be the boss' daughter and if i know trouble then you don't want that.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 23:04   Link #98
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
Is it me or did that girl that Einar fall in love with seem a bit too clean? If anything she might be the boss' daughter and if i know trouble then you don't want that.
Or a..."houseslave", depending on how you interpret that one. If she is, Einar would get quite upset as to how she will be treated and, well, the rest is action.

Just a note..."Einar" sounds a bit too Norse to be a Northern English name.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 01:42   Link #99
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Just a note..."Einar" sounds a bit too Norse to be a Northern English name.
You may be right, but Viking slave traders might have given a damn about an Anglo/Saxon name and given him a new one they could easily remember/pronounce.
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 07:23   Link #100
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Historically the Prince/King was one of the greatest Vikings to have lived. Just a FYI.

Quote:
Cnut the Great, also known as Canute or Knut (Old Norse: Knútr inn ríki[1] (c. 985 or 995 – 12 November 1035) was a Viking king of England and Denmark, Norway, and parts of Sweden. His successes as a statesman, politically and militarily, prove him to be one of the greatest figures of medieval Europe and yet at the end of the historically foggy Dark Ages, with an era of chivalry and romance on the horizon in feudal Europe and the events of 1066 in England, these were largely 'lost to history'.
Of course, he could be portrayed diffferently in the manga, but itt doesn't appear this way. Except, of course, the fact that he seems to have ditched Thorfinn, which is something I did not think he'd do.

Tags
historical