AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 54 44.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 28.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 14.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 9.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-26, 13:01   Link #41
Raiga
tl;dr

Sorry... NTR?
Old 2010-06-26, 13:29   Link #42
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Sorry... NTR?
A quote from Darknemo2000:
NTR - short for Netorare. A Japanese term to mark sort of Adultery/Cheating. Just that in Netorare's case the girl does not has to be main characters wife.

NTR games try to play off the frustration of the reader/player who sees the girl being taken away by the guy who is not main character, while main character does not know and continues to dream about love or finds out in the worst kind of way (sees his dream girl/girlfriend/wife banging the other guy).
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 13:34   Link #43
zato_1one

There is no cheating as long as they don't confess with each other. IMO
Old 2010-06-26, 14:28   Link #44
tsunade666

I just watch the raw and finish it. Entirely hard to follow with heavy dialogue. Most of the time I don't know what's happening but shinobu is plain awesome but then again those people who notice the bandage are also awesome. When I read that part I tried to re-watch but I can't find it until I go frame by frame...... totally beyond understanding. Nice choice of underwear.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 17:44   Link #45
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
After watching this don't you feel like Araragi reverse NTR Hanakawa by going out with Senjougahara? And if you don't just wait until Kizu.
Well, the reality of how much Hanekawa likes Araragi hit after seeing the crying scene (and Prince thing), but without Kizu, I've never really felt any romantic tension between them. Araragi too keeps trying to reject the idea of Hanekawa in love with him. I'm really curious how he felt about Hanekawa during Kizu.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 19:25   Link #46
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I just watch the raw and finish it. Entirely hard to follow with heavy dialogue. Most of the time I don't know what's happening but shinobu is plain awesome but then again those people who notice the bandage are also awesome. When I read that part I tried to re-watch but I can't find it until I go frame by frame...... totally beyond understanding. Nice choice of underwear.
So basically what happened was...
Spoiler:

And that was basically what happened this episode, as far as I understood it.
Old 2010-06-26, 22:03   Link #47
Midrange
Betwixt tweet and woof

Quote:
Spoiler:
Midrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 22:17   Link #48
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midrange View Post
You know, like Senjougahara showing him the starry sky. This time it's his turn. Mind out of the gutter, folks.
Old 2010-06-26, 22:32   Link #49
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
You know, like Senjougahara showing him the starry sky. This time it's his turn. Mind out of the gutter, folks.
To be fair I knew what you were talking about but a better wording could have been nice.
Old 2010-06-26, 23:04   Link #50
Raiga
tl;dr

How else would you have me word "takaramono"? D:
Old 2010-06-26, 23:25   Link #51
Marion
The Great Dine

I still can't get how Araragi thinks Hitagi could kill Hanekawa. Kanbaru wouldn't fight back, because she loves Hitagi, but c'mon. Hanekawa's stress would rise up and Black Hanekawa would come out and just kill Hitagi. I mean geez, I think Hitagi's strength is a little bit exaggerated.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 23:59   Link #52
Raiga
tl;dr

Not straightforward strong perhaps, but Hitagi's definitely clever, stubborn, and strong willed. She'd find a way, I'm sure...
Old 2010-06-27, 00:08   Link #53
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I still can't get how Araragi thinks Hitagi could kill Hanekawa. Kanbaru wouldn't fight back, because she loves Hitagi, but c'mon. Hanekawa's stress would rise up and Black Hanekawa would come out and just kill Hitagi. I mean geez, I think Hitagi's strength is a little bit exaggerated.
You're assuming Hitagi would give her a chance to fight back. While Hanekawa totally outclasses her in the intelligence department, Hitagi is far better at strategy and would probably be able to set up some kind of trap to kill her before she even knew she was a target.

As for the episode itself, all I can say is finally. I'd been ignoring all things Bakemonogatari except for the periodic emails from Amazon Japan informing me that the last BD was delayed yet again. I'd actually forgotten a lot of the details so it was a nice refresher. I was hoping for an actual opening instead of the crap they used before...

P.S. I see that omimon is still going strong with his anti-Hitagi propaganda.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 00:14   Link #54
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I'd been ignoring all things Bakemonogatari except for the periodic emails from Amazon Japan informing me that the last BD was delayed yet again.
You are not alone.

They will replace the OP by the next week, by the way.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 01:27   Link #55
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
You're assuming Hitagi would give her a chance to fight back. While Hanekawa totally outclasses her in the intelligence department, Hitagi is far better at strategy and would probably be able to set up some kind of trap to kill her before she even knew she was a target.

As for the episode itself, all I can say is finally. I'd been ignoring all things Bakemonogatari except for the periodic emails from Amazon Japan informing me that the last BD was delayed yet again. I'd actually forgotten a lot of the details so it was a nice refresher. I was hoping for an actual opening instead of the crap they used before...

P.S. I see that omimon is still going strong with his anti-Hitagi propaganda.
HA! Looks like someone here remembers all my past "campaigning." Either way I do agree that Hitagi can kill Tsubasa before her stress builds up enough.

However, it doesn't matter what happens since Shinobu is the clear winner at the end. Hitagi can wrinkle up and die an old woman while those two vampires can stay young forever. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 2010-06-27, 04:33   Link #56
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
There is no cheating as long as they don't confess with each other. IMO
Cheating is not the same as NTR, it would be not cheating thats for sure but since NTR gained broader meaning than cheating then the no-confession and no-couple can be a NTR if the frustration is played out (in such case it is usually about missed chance and about breaking the dream).

So yep it can fully be NTR. or else you would be saying that one of the most infamous NTR H anime/eroge True Blue is not an NTR (as the the guy and the girl never confesssed to each other) which would be pretty much retarded.

You have to understand that NTR has broader meaning than cheating.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 05:26   Link #57
Bangirasu

Wow. Wow. SHINOBU. She´s just the most awesome female character of the series after Sengousajara.
Bangirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 05:48   Link #58
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Cheating is not the same as NTR, it would be not cheating thats for sure but since NTR gained broader meaning than cheating then the no-confession and no-couple can be a NTR if the frustration is played out (in such case it is usually about missed chance and about breaking the dream).

So yep it can fully be NTR. or else you would be saying that one of the most infamous NTR H anime/eroge True Blue is not an NTR (as the the guy and the girl never confesssed to each other) which would be pretty much retarded.

You have to understand that NTR has broader meaning than cheating.
In short, you're saying that it's NTR if the frustration occur, huh?

Then I doubt that using adultery/cheating is a good description for such word.
Old 2010-06-27, 06:21   Link #59
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Then I doubt that using adultery/cheating is a good description for such word.
What omimon quoted at the top of this page mentioned that.
Quote:
A quote from Darknemo2000:
NTR - short for Netorare. A Japanese term to mark sort of Adultery/Cheating. Just that in Netorare's case the girl does not has to be main characters wife.
"Netorare" comes from the verb "netoru" (which means to steal someone else's wife/lover/love interest), and refers to someone who's wife/lover/love interest has entered into a consensual relationship with someone else.

According to the Japanese wiki entry, a one-side love interest (e.g. Araragi in this situation) can be 'stolen' - in fact, even sisters and mothers can be stolen too...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-06-27 at 09:20.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 06:40   Link #60
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Alright, I'll be the first one to say this right now, Shinobu's "clothing" choice is very superb. BTW to understand what I mean you need to have a "very" close eye.
Spammed my spacebar after reading that and saw that piece of first-aid kit. I wasn't too impressed with this episode probably because of the wait. If memory serves correct, ep14 was delayed and ep15 was delayed a further 4 months.

That said, there is never enough of Senjougahara. :P It was a great ride, would have been even better if Shaft could have kept to schedule (wait, do they even have one? )
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote