AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 10:24   Link #2381
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Its sales was just bad. So bad.
Yeah well, that happens when you don't advertise your product whatsoever.
Starchild got no one to blame but themselves.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 10:31   Link #2382
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Yeah well, that happens when you don't advertise your product whatsoever.
Starchild got no one to blame but themselves.
Starchild, Media-factory and whatever shit producers are, should stop doing animation producing. Their marketing is just bad as fuck. They are just trying to get randomly chosen original content butchered with their shit budget.
Old 2011-09-17, 02:17   Link #2383
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
BTW Bake Blu-ray box is number 1 on Amazon. More money for Shaft. I think with this the average sales for Bake is going to go over 100k for each volume.
Well that was always going to happen, with the increase in Bluray market penetration there's a high chance a lot of people who bought the Bake DVDs have upgraded to Bluray in the last two years. Than you have the people who want to buy Bake now but can't since volumes are out of stock, you have people who wait for box sets and finally the people who just want to collect everything.

And it comes out just before the sequel so people who just got into anime in the last 18 months will see the massive hype for Nise and than have a great starting point to jump into with a Box Set.

Will be interesting to see if it can challenge the sales figures of the Haruhi BD Box set, though with Haruhi that was the first time you could see it in Bluray quality.

Just to be clear, are they adding anything to the boxsets?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 02:24   Link #2384
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Just to be clear, are they adding anything to the boxsets?
No, the official website explicitly states the contents are the same, save for CDs and booklets.

There will be 2 CDs in the new Soundtrack release by the way which should be enough for a complete BGM collection.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 02:24   Link #2385
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Yes indeed. *licks lips*
Excellent. I hope they'll allot 90% of their budget to that scene. It shall be the most glorious scene to ever grace the anime world.
Old 2011-09-17, 02:39   Link #2386
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
There will be 2 CDs in the new Soundtrack release by the way which should be enough for a complete BGM collection.
I swear they better fucking have that piano version of Staple Staple and other stuff like that which wasn't included in the prior bgm releases.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 17:21   Link #2387
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I swear they better fucking have that piano version of Staple Staple and other stuff like that which wasn't included in the prior bgm releases.
Black Hanekawa theme is a must.
Old 2011-09-18, 04:19   Link #2388
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I finally got the chance to watch that Nico special live, so here's a short summary of what I found interesting (of the stuff I understood, anyway). I've tried to leave out spoilers for Kizu or Nise, but just in case, I'll leave it under a tag.

Opening narration (Araragi):
'Kaii' make up our world, so unlike living things, they are connected to the world. You can't shine a light on 'kaii' with the tools of science alone. Just as human that has been attacked by a vampire will continue existing forever, even if there is no darkness in this world that cannot be illuminated, there will always be darkness.
Spoiler for just in case:

Also, by the end, over 340,000 people had tried to watch it on nico.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2012-03-12 at 06:58.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 05:57   Link #2389
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I finally got the chance to watch that Nico special live, so here's a short summary of what I found interesting (of the stuff I understood, anyway). I've tried to leave out spoilers for Kizu or Nise, but just in case, I'll leave it under a tag anyway.

Opening narration (Araragi):
'Kaii' make up our world, so unlike living things, they are connected to the world. You can't shine a light on 'kaii' with the tools of science alone. Just as human that has been attacked by a vampire will continue existing forever, even if there is no darkness in this world that cannot be illuminated, there will always be darkness.
Spoiler for just in case:

Also, by the end, over 340,000 people had tried to watch it on nico.
It'll be nice if someone translated the whole thing especially Hanazawa's stuff since I find her really cute.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 06:47   Link #2390
HasuMasu
*Artist

This thread's been pretty active lately.

Did something good happen?
Old 2011-09-18, 08:10   Link #2391
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Reading Karice's summary of the event was a real treat. Anywhere that I can watch it?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 09:04   Link #2392
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Yeah. Thanks a lot karice67!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Did something good happen?
Bakemonogatari episode 12 happened. Hitagi-san pretty much emptied my tank, if you catch my drift.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 09:35   Link #2393
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Reading Karice's summary of the event was a real treat. Anywhere that I can watch it?
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv62992413

Anyone that wants to watch it or save it or anything needs to do it within the day because I believe there is a deadline and after that you can't access it anymore.
Old 2011-09-18, 10:19   Link #2394
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Thanks, but can't watch it (premium membership or something???). I was hoping someone ripped the feed.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 12:00   Link #2395
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the summary, Karice. I wish I could watch it.

Quote:
It'll be nice if someone translated the whole thing especially Hanazawa's stuff since I find her really cute.
I second that
Old 2011-09-18, 16:57   Link #2396
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Finishing episode a day before its airing

= Shafted.
That's not rare at all in the anime industry. What makes Shaft Shaft is that they often try to produce an episode in three days.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 18:02   Link #2397
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
If you have a nico account, first half (sm15618435) and second half (sm15618528). Sorry for those without one, I haven't found it elsewhere...but there are guides for nicodouga registration around

Quote:
...greedy, aren't we? I'm sure it'll all be subbed in Chinese at some stage, you know...

Well, she was pretty cute. Left me wondering though, why she's seems so different in events to how she is on radio (she's known for being a sadist!)

I did figure out one more bit for Kana-chan, when they're talking about the theme songs (and perhaps, the sadist part is touched upon...)
Yoshida: Rather than bright and happy - I mean, in the way that Mayoi is bright and happy - Nadeko really has the heart of a young girl in love.
Kana-chan: Yes, I feel that way too. I think that meg rock's lyrics are really...really...good. (She says this rather hesitantly, and the other cast members are like ) And the word play is really fun, and the tune is really cute too. Also, it's like a rap, right?
Yoshida: Yes-
Kana-chan: I really had to think about how to do that.
Yoshida: Really had to think....Somehow, when I look at Hanazawa-san, I get the feeling that you're doing a "this company version"
Kana-chan: I have no idea what you mean. (said pretty forcefully)
Yoshida: Really? Are you sure? For one second, your character seems to have changed completely you know.
(laughter)
Yoshida: Well, Nadeko really is cute and endearing because she tries her best, but being attacked and constrained by the snake must have been really tough.
Kana-chan: When I was voicing Nadeko, I was always thinking that she must have hated it, being constrained like that, and that it must have been so painful; wondering if she'd stumble and so on. That's really pitiful, isn't it?
Yoshida: Here, I'd like to ask Kamiya-san, who was in the same studio, what his impression was. As a reporter, what would you say?
Kamiya: She was really cute.
(laughter)
Kana-chan: what is that!?
(nico erupts: wwwwwwwww)
Kamiya: It's not sexual harassment! From a work pov!
(nico: Kamiya, don't harass Kana-chan!)
Yoshida: That's right. He saved you in the end after all, right?
Kamiya: I'm being serious when I say she was really cute.
Yoshida: So the official comment is "seriously, she was cute". Thank you very much.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-09-18 at 20:42.
Old 2011-09-18, 19:06   Link #2398
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

^Sadist? I've never heard of that. Then again I don't think I've ever heard her on radio shows.
Old 2011-09-18, 20:16   Link #2399
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

ROFL. Good stuff, karice.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 07:04   Link #2400
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Glad a few of you are enjoying it. I really wish this old event had been recorded too, e.g. for a DVD extra, but it doesn't like like it was...

Quote:
^Sadist? I've never heard of that. Then again I don't think I've ever heard her on radio shows.
I was pretty surprised myself when I first read about it on a blog about seiyuu raji. (In the first OreImo raji episode, a listener wrote commenting that she (Kuroneko) and Taketatsu Ayana (Kirino) should be fun to listen to because the latter was 'rather M' whilst the former was 'S'.) I haven't listened to much of her radio myself, but based on that blog's summaries, the 'S' label seems to be pretty accurate...

Really belies the angelic characters she tends to portray...not to mention the cute image she's projected of Nadeko so far, whether in character (the commentaries) or out of it (the atogatari)...

p.s. did anyone see the NishioxDRRR!!ED parody? (nico: sm10157775)

- Patrick Stokes

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural