AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 10:21   Link #181
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Highschool Dungeons x Dragons 01 - Your Daily Dose of Profion:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:53   Link #182
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So episode 1 is out i have been so busy lately i have not been able to follow new releases. Interested in hearing some of fav members reviews on it.
Old 2012-01-06, 11:13   Link #183
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
All the girls in the main cast are surprisingly likable; in fact, for a harem there's surprisingly no violent main-character-beating tsundere.
One of the things I like about the series is that it starts off like a Shana retread, but everything gets flipped -- Ise isn't a bland, boring high school boy, Rias isn't a tsundere, and when she sleeps in his bedroom he doesn't get totally shy and freaked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's more Demon vs Demon.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:18   Link #184
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
It's more Demon vs Demon.
Duly noted. But for the purposes of humor, I will write otherwise.
Old 2012-01-06, 11:45   Link #185
marconii2002

I saw AT-X raw, the best is uncensored.
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 11:47   Link #186
tsunade666

wow it's bouncy wait I mean high quality. Well except for the 2 idiot buddies but still I think it's meant that way for comedic purposes. Lots of oppai and thank oppai goddess that at-x aren't retarded to do cropping again which in result looks good in wide screen and thank goodness with lots of oppai screen time that I had hard time watching it on the living room so I switch into my room. They really go all the way with the underwear details it has higher quality than the 2 idiot buddies. Well detailed bishoujo bodies was indeed a plus and they also add fine details to the story. Specially a bit about Yuma and a little alteration here and there but all looks well and good adaptation. I didn't even notice the time because I was well absorb on watching it. Ah I want that clock. I wonder where could I get that clock. Pretty solid opening episode with a good op for me. And I'm having hard time to guess if it's going for vol 2 or 3 as an ending. But all is good.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:44   Link #187
Candyshark

That's definitely gonna cover my need for ecchi this season. Plus mostly uncensored I fear for mangatron's life. I mostly despise perverts but this guy really has his priorities set "right" so it is all right. Kaji as pervert is something new.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 13:00   Link #188
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 13:07   Link #189
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Fanservice anime of this season, perhaps? Though the light in this anime is unstable. Since it is airing in the day (Japan), I'd wish there were no censors, but despite certain parts having no censors, the laser beam appeared in at least one scene...
Until you see the Yuri fanservice comedy called Gokujyo, for which is said to be aired this season but nobody knows which studio it is being made.
Old 2012-01-06, 13:35   Link #190
SinsI

First episode was a bit disappointing, as they are making the same mistake Maken-ki did: putting in too much extra fanservice. The original story has plenty of it already, adding more just destroys the importance of plot-related nudity.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 13:55   Link #191
Mentar
Banned

I think it was a solid start. Yes, a bit _less_ fanservice would be more (because the characters and storyline are good enough to stand on their own feet), but it didn't ruin things by any means. Good OP aswell.

After ep2, I believe we'll be able to judge things more accurately. But so far, I feel that we have something enjoyable to look forward to.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 14:01   Link #192
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I think if this is a 12-episode series, content will be up to the end of volume 2 of LN.

Add in an obligatory beach/onsen episode(non-canon)......
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:10   Link #193
Athena
The Power of One

...I'll watch it when no one will be at home.

EDIT: The subs are kinda...bad.

Last edited by Athena; 2012-01-06 at 15:23.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:38   Link #194
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
...I'll watch it when no one will be at home.

EDIT: The subs are kinda...bad.
Speed subs tend to be, unless they'er by GG. Which, now that I think about it, would be awesome. If there's ever a show made for their trolling, this is it.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:56   Link #195
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I think if this is a 12-episode series, content will be up to the end of volume 2 of LN.

Add in an obligatory beach/onsen episode(non-canon)......
probably will be the end of volume 2 but will likely incorporate events from later in the LN but having them happen a bit sooner.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 16:13   Link #196
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Yes, but for perverted reasons, or rather the lack of perverted stuff before dying. God, I can't believe he's thinking about breasts while dying.

And with regards to fan-service comments, it'll be weird if there are none for this is dubbed as the most ecchi LN ever written.
Surprisingly, this is one story I can live with him becoming the Harem King successfully, as proclaimed by him in the preview.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 16:47   Link #197
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrypop View Post
At first, I didn't plan to watch this series, but that PV looks pretty good. Also, I'm liking the instrumental music at the end.
Oh yeah, watching it for the... music...
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 18:03   Link #198
Midonin
Last Engage

So it's halfway there. But where there's mages and demons and whatnot, dungeons are almost certain to be there.
Old 2012-01-06, 21:04   Link #199
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Yes, but for perverted reasons, or rather the lack of perverted stuff before dying. God, I can't believe he's thinking about breasts while dying.

And with regards to fan-service comments, it'll be weird if there are none for this is dubbed as the most ecchi LN ever written.
Surprisingly, this is one story I can live with him becoming the Harem King successfully, as proclaimed by him in the preview.
Harems are best when they are written as a harem. See Isekai as an example.

I might take a look at this show under one condition; that the production team pull no punches and stay as faithful to the novels as they can. Most anime adaptations from novels have a good original source; the question is if they would water it down or not. There will be perversion, and there will be violence. Water either down would be bad news.
Old 2012-01-06, 21:53   Link #200
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Episode 1 has aired... Extremely watchable.
Looks like the AT-X airing is widescreen and has minimal censoring (panties and bare nipples shown, though bare crotches are obscured by rays of light).
Sounds good to me
But I didn't see any subs so far...

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen