AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-03-22, 05:33   Link #81
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I've played the first few hours yesterday and will continue as soon as I'm done with this post. Very fun game for now, I must say, but I still have to get a hang of the battlesystem. I mean I know how it works, but that doesn't mean I actually know how to play.

What confuses me though, is that in the story mode, characters sometimes seem to have different abilities than whaty they have when you select them in versus mode. I mean the reason for that is obvious, but it makes me wonder if you can customize ninjutsus somehow.

/edit: Turns out you cannot. But you can unlock multiple versions of the same character, each with a different jutsu setup. You can customize passive boni for online battles though, such as faster chakra recovery. That's actually pretty nice.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2012-03-22 at 09:16.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 04:20   Link #82
Apollian

Madara Uchiha vs 1st Hokage? thats never been shown in the Manga or anime?.. thats priceless!.
unbelievable, it shows clearly that the 1st not only held his own against
Madara, but also the Kyuubi Fox at the same time... amazing! the 1st hokage is the only one who could fight Madara and 9 tail fox at the same time!.. sorry, I had to say it again just to believe it myself.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 12:23   Link #83
AmandaFields
Genkaku Fangirl~

I have the game, and I am seriously dissapointed. It's still cool, but there is no proper story mode like Ultimate Storm 2 and there are nowhere near as many new playable characters as I was hoping for, not even Karui & Samui. I finished the stories in the game weeks ago :/ very dissapointing. Mabye it's better if you play online, I don't know, but for me it was nowhere near as good as I had hoped. Although Mei Terumi IS awesome in the game. I have my team of Mei Terumi, Ino Yamanaka, and Karin, beat everyone! Also alot of characters were there, but weren't playable {only support characters} like Tayuya, Anko, Shizune, Chojuro, etc. I wanted to make a past team of Tayuya, Ino, and Tenten so bad.
Old 2012-04-01, 20:03   Link #84
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaFields View Post
I have the game, and I am seriously dissapointed. It's still cool, but there is no proper story mode like Ultimate Storm 2 and there are nowhere near as many new playable characters as I was hoping for, not even Karui & Samui. I finished the stories in the game weeks ago :/ very dissapointing. Mabye it's better if you play online, I don't know, but for me it was nowhere near as good as I had hoped. Although Mei Terumi IS awesome in the game. I have my team of Mei Terumi, Ino Yamanaka, and Karin, beat everyone! Also alot of characters were there, but weren't playable {only support characters} like Tayuya, Anko, Shizune, Chojuro, etc. I wanted to make a past team of Tayuya, Ino, and Tenten so bad.
Poor story mode is poor.
I share your feelings. I actually enjoyed going back and forth on those maps.

It's a shame they just went for cutscene and just fights.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 23:20   Link #85
Xagzan

I got it, and I'm disappointed, for a whole other reason though.

I had feared about the jutsu situation, and sure enough, you only get to have like 2 per battle, 1 normal and 1 ultimate. In Ultimate Ninja 3, I think you got 2 normal and 3 ultimate. How CC2 thinks regressing is excusable, I don't know.

And this hits some of my favorite characters worst of all. Pain, I'm seeing, does not have Chibaku Tensei or that Mega Shinra Tensei or even Bansho Tenin. Da fuq? That's simply unacceptable. Not to mention, his actual Shinra Tensei has far too short a range.

Also, Itachi - I'm sorry, but there's no legitimate reason why you shouldn't have acess to all 3 of his Mangekyou jutsu at the same time. There's also no reason you can only use his Amaterasu in Awakening mode, whereas one of the Sasukes can use it easily as a normal attack, along with Susanoo.

Hoping they clean up these problems for whenever the next installment is. Going from 5 available jutsu to 2 is incomprehensible, and Pain not having his most powerful attacks is plain disappointing.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 23:41   Link #86
Jellal
Anime Critic

You guys are missing the point though.
Online is seriously fun, especially in tournament mode.

Forwarning: Play as host since host can cancel the entire tournament anytime.
Usually when they lose, they end it.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 23:47   Link #87
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Those damn rage-quitters.
Old 2012-04-09, 09:07   Link #88
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
You guys are missing the point though.
Online is seriously fun, especially in tournament mode.

Forwarning: Play as host since host can cancel the entire tournament anytime.
Usually when they lose, they end it.
I can see how that might address the point Amandafields made, if you're saying Online mode is more important than Story mode anyway, but I don't think it challenges mine. Online or story mode, the movesets are still the same, and even though it's fun, it's ridiculous that there are those limitations and flaws I mentioned. Simple things like that shouldn't even be an issue.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 19:32   Link #89
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

I'm already looking forward to the next game...so many ore characters to include
Old 2012-04-11, 00:35   Link #90
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Yes indeed, they're going to need a huge stage for a certain battle...
Old 2012-04-13, 05:24   Link #91
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

^ I'm not sure how DLC works as far as video game production goes but I like the mechanics of this game. They should just send character and stage updates as the manga/anime goes along. Perhaps it's not profitable, I dunno
Old 2012-05-13, 05:32   Link #92
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

Is there anything that can fix the delay? Cause everytime I play online I have a massive delay.
Old 2012-05-16, 15:06   Link #93
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

okay just checked out the trailer, and i think the game is really good
so many new characters, and i believe that this is the first game of UNS series which includes haku and zabuza, team minato (specially young kakashi) , the five kages action in the gameplay what else do you want
and the story line has also gone very far and it looks like they have put more efforts in the story mode now, atleast that's what the trailer says

well i haven't watched the walkthroughs yet but i hope that i won't be disappointed

Last edited by mystogan; 2012-05-16 at 15:43.
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 08:16   Link #94
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
and the story line has also gone very far and it looks like they have put more efforts in the story mode now, atleast that's what the trailer says
Quite the opposite, it doesn't bother me too much, but it's severely lacking compared to the first and second games, this wasn't meant to be another 'story game'. The story mode is just an annoying way to unlock the characters imo.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 09:11   Link #95
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

ok i saw some of the walkthroughs and i am totally confused ,there are only fights between the characters ,while there is narration to cover the story , and the story mode only covered naruto's fights and then there is also itachi story mode

can anyone explain to me ,what's with the story mode in this game
Old 2012-05-19, 14:02   Link #96
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

There is no "real" story mode.
Just a bunch of fights and cutscenes...
Old 2012-05-20, 06:40   Link #97
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

the story mode of the generations is lame, the story mode of UNS 2 was much better
the only upside to this game are the lot of new characters
Old 2012-05-21, 17:55   Link #98
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

What bothered me is the use of substitution justsu it regenerates pretty slow.... And theres still people spamming spells -.- what they shouldve change is the amount of chakra you can use since the sub jutsu have different gauge.
Old 2012-05-26, 17:27   Link #99
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

I wanna tag in my supports...
Old 2012-06-26, 05:32   Link #100
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
I wanna tag in my supports...
Well... Maybe in UNS3
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp...naruto_storm3/

Gosh, I'm so glad I didn't buy Generation, but so pissed at Namco/Bandai for throwing at us new games every year (with just 4/5 new characters...)