AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 08:07   Link #221
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Bleach into a hollywood movie?!?!

Ok...i admit i was surprised to see that bleach was going to be a hollywood movie. When i heard about Dragonball being a movie that sucked(i never watched dragonball or any other hollywood anime movie)...i now have my doubts about the bleach movie. Pray that it goes well or they let it go.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 15:44   Link #222
Lumilicious
Lurking~ ( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
^
Say what you want, but we have better animation in live-action films than Japan.
The Sorcerer and the White Snake did cost 200 million Hong Kong Dollar and is prolly the most impressive movie I've ever seen coming from the east. 200 million HK$ are roughly 25 million USD.

I'd say that this movie is on par with most of the bigger Hollywood productions. Not on par with Transformers, of course... but it's naive to think that any upcoming movie is going to be that impressive anyways. Especially not an Anime adaption.

Now, on the other hand, we have the infamous Dragonball Evolution. Productioncost were around 50 million USD. I don't have to mention how shitty and cheap the vfx in that movie were, right? right?

The Country doesn't matter if it's done by a shit and unexperienced productionteam who's just out for the quick buck because they know they've got a huge licence to back up their movie.
The sad truth is, that Hollywood has too many Moviemakers/Productionteams like that. That's why I'd rather have the Asians do adaptions. They get it right most of the time, even if they're lacking in productionvalue.
Old 2012-08-23, 21:10   Link #223
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

We are in summer 2012 (in France) and America too? in short the output when Filme??

or it will be released at the end of year? Who have known the new casting?
Old 2012-08-24, 02:06   Link #224
Mateus

There is nothing official released about it yet since 2010, all we know is that Warner Bros. confirmed that they are "in talks" to creating a live action adaptation of Bleach with possibly Peter Segal and Michael Ewing as producers and Dan Mazeau is supposed to be writing the script.
Old 2012-08-25, 18:10   Link #225
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'd be surprised if it sees the light of day at this point...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 18:35   Link #226
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I hope it will not see the light of day. IMO we will only get trash of a movie and those cash is better spent for a lot better projects. You know, it makes me cringe when I imagine all those hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars spent to make crap movies like Dragon Ball Evol, Wolverine, Last Airbender, etc (to think that all those money combined could end the starvation and health problems in third-world countries for example).
Old 2012-08-28, 11:52   Link #227
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

shit, it would help us out immensely at home lol
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 01:07   Link #228
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I thought the film would go out in summer 2012 lol and then they made good films like transformers which is originally a Japanese anime am I right?

but in any case I look forward and not wait to see the film
Old 2012-09-05, 22:53   Link #229
bunchii
♪(┌・。・)┌

Dragonball hollywood remake was so bad .-. I hope they don't do bleach that would just be horrible
bunchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 04:58   Link #230
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Let's see, one of the sins made on the DBEvo movie that guaranteed low attendance was, Goku in school. What would they have to do that would just as bad, or maybe worse, to guarantee that people won't show up for this movie?
Old 2012-09-07, 05:59   Link #231
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Let's see, one of the sins made on the DBEvo movie that guaranteed low attendance was, Goku in school. What would they have to do that would just as bad, or maybe worse, to guarantee that people won't show up for this movie?
How about changing Ichigo into Edward/Robert?
Old 2012-09-07, 12:09   Link #232
nickelback

I am a bit intrigued about Bleach being a real Hollywood made movie, but on the other side I am a little scared after watching Dragon Ball Z (which is total bull....).
Also, being a movie they will most likely have to interpret the storyline in ther own way and compress it in order to fit in a movie, which is an other factor that will most likely make the movie seem bad (especially for those who've seen the whole anime, like me).

Well, after all they could make, if it's too bad I can always skip.
nickelback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 16:55   Link #233
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I nearly forgot they ruined Avatar the Last Airbender. Putting aside making the movie bad. Who will portray the characters? Alex Pettyfer might be good as Ichigo but that's just my opinion.
Old 2012-09-09, 16:21   Link #234
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

and honestly the only people who will like the film will be those who have never seen the anime or read the manga
Old 2012-09-11, 02:06   Link #235
Gin
*Artist

I don't appreciate you making broad assumptions like that, I am eagerly anticipating this movie, and I am quite certain that it will be a cinematic master piece. In the future, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from presuming to speak on behalf of entire fan bases.
Old 2012-09-28, 03:58   Link #236
andrea66
Banned

Hollywood is devastating all animes and games.
andrea66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 16:18   Link #237
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

any news on the movie yet?

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 16:03   Link #238
Mateus

^
It's probably going through development hell right now like the supposed Buffy reboot.
Old 2013-04-22, 12:23   Link #239
DarthDestroiar

Rurouni Kenshin shows us that we can make a great movie anime adaptions... But not from Hollywood... And for the people who says anime scenes only works on anime well Rurouni Kenshin proves wrong, if things are made right. And the fight scenes can be awesome, whatch "ninja assassins" it looks like anime fight scenes. But i think this movie is doomed, they should starting working on the anime arc instead of this, after all i said deep inside i think this movie is going to fail real bad.
DarthDestroiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 16:07   Link #240
itachi-san314

i give it a 1% chance of being good. based on hollywood's history of adapting animes and games into live-action, they just suck at it. if they could do something similar to 'shinobi' based on basilisk, that would be awesome, but most likely it will be like db evolution... best possible scenario would be an hbo series where each season is an arc in bleach. that would guarantee greatness
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote