AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 20:56   Link #1781
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Holy smokes... how did you get your hands on that beauty?
I found one for a decent price on Yahoo auctions Japan early on. Now, I can't find it on there at all...
Old 2012-08-30, 08:02   Link #1782
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

How much did you get it for?
---
Something I've wondering... I remember someone else pointed this out a while ago, but now that I think about it, a number of tracks from the Movie OST are indeed inspired by the music of UK.
For example, track 19: "Air of northern countries", seems heavily inspired by U2's "Where The Streets Have No Name", particularly the intro.
I wonder about the songs on the OST though, such as "Train-D" and "London E"?

Last edited by blaze0041; 2012-09-05 at 08:24.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 14:32   Link #1783
rulfo

Can someone link me to a yahoo auctions search list or anywhere that sells this?
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 17:03   Link #1784
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Can someone link me to a yahoo auctions search list or anywhere that sells this?
A quick search led me to this eBay listing (Buy now- 2 available, 350USD excl. shipping), and this Yahoo Auctions (Japan) listing (1 day left, currently sitting at 15000yen as of writing).
Old 2012-08-31, 13:17   Link #1785
Goggen

Quote:
How much did you get it for?
12,800 yen. It's a fair bit of cash, but a decent auction price IMO considering the original price was 10,000. Haven't seen any copies going for as little as that since. In fact, it seems to be surprisingly rare on Yahoo JP already, and those eBay prices... yikes.
Old 2012-08-31, 17:46   Link #1786
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
12,800 yen. It's a fair bit of cash, but a decent auction price IMO considering the original price was 10,000. Haven't seen any copies going for as little as that since. In fact, it seems to be surprisingly rare on Yahoo JP already, and those eBay prices... yikes.
$161.04 CAD ($163.39 USD) is pretty steep, especially for something that I have no means to listen to Then again, the CDs themselves are pretty expensive on their own and would probably total a similar, if not higher cost than even the auctioned prices, should I choose to get all of them.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:13   Link #1787
Solafighter
Hige

Is there an OST for the K-On movie?
But though, i noticed, that many music tracks(image tracks, not vocal songs) were used from the anime, already.
In the K-On movie, when they arrive in London and go out of the airport, there is a music track playing when Mio is photographing and they board the taxi. Never heard that song before.
Old 2012-09-05, 08:21   Link #1788
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Is there an OST for the K-On movie?
But though, i noticed, that many music tracks(image tracks, not vocal songs) were used from the anime, already.
In the K-On movie, when they arrive in London and go out of the airport, there is a music track playing when Mio is photographing and they board the taxi. Never heard that song before.
Yep, check the list I compiled (here) for more info.
And the track that you're thinking of is track 19 on the movie OST: "Air of northern countries".
Old 2012-09-05, 09:09   Link #1789
Solafighter
Hige

Thanks a bunch.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:28   Link #1790
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Just two, and they were new "movie mix" versions. Almost all of the Hajime Hyakkoku music in the movie was new.
Old 2012-10-20, 16:00   Link #1791
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Huh, it seems that the vinyl box is now getting a general release for a limited run...
CDJapan is just one place selling it (I do believe that CDJapan don't charge the consumption tax for overseas buyers, so it's a little bit under the full 10000yen price).

The list on the previous page has been updated.

Last edited by blaze0041; 2012-10-20 at 16:19.
Old 2012-11-30, 09:18   Link #1792
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Looks like some of the season 1 singles are being released on vinyl...

Seems it'll be a limited release not for general sale so I'm giving up hope of getting my hands on it right now.
Prepare your money again Goggen. S2's OP/ED singles + the main 5's character songs will be sold in another "Donuts" box for 12000 yen at Comiket 83. Likely they'll be sold later in general stores like the first set was.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:54   Link #1793
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Prepare your money again Goggen. S2's OP/ED singles + the main 5's character songs will be sold in another "Donuts" box for 12000 yen at Comiket 83. Likely they'll be sold later in general stores like the first set was.
Dammit Japan, do you really need ALL my money?
Old 2012-12-21, 08:43   Link #1794
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Missed out on a song? Fear no more since Pony Canyon's got you covered*! On March 20, 2013 they will release the K-ON MUSIC HISTORY'S BOX for 19,800 yen.

This 12 disc set contains 258 tracks from all the OP/EDs, insert songs, character songs, OST, and even the PSP/PS3 game. It will be packaged in a 12 inch box and come with a booklet explaining the songs.

*Instrumentals, Radi-on, and Band Yaro-yo tracks not included.

Old 2012-12-21, 18:29   Link #1795
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Missed out on a song? Fear no more since Pony Canyon's got you covered*! On March 20, 2013 they will release the K-ON MUSIC HISTORY'S BOX for 19,800 yen.

This 12 disc set contains 258 tracks from all the OP/EDs, insert songs, character songs, OST, and even the PSP/PS3 game. It will be packaged in a 12 inch box and come with a booklet explaining the songs.

Oh My! The opportunity I was waiting for!!! Most defiantly doing this!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 19:21   Link #1796
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:

Looks like that's gonna blow a giant hole through my wallet, but I'm definitely going to try and get my hands on that!
Hang on, does it say 19 of the songs are from the PSP/PS3 game? Or is it 23?

List updated.
Old 2012-12-21, 19:49   Link #1797
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Hang on, does it say 19 of the songs are from the PSP/PS3 game? Or is it 23?]
It says 19 tracks (23 kinds), so I'm not exactly sure what they're counting. Will update with a tracklisting once we're told what it is.

Old 2012-12-22, 11:18   Link #1798
Goggen

Quote:
It says 19 tracks (23 kinds), so I'm not exactly sure what they're counting. Will update with a tracklisting once we're told what it is.
The game has 19 songs, but 5 different versions of one of them (specifically; "Let's Go") bringing the total number of tracks up to 23. I assume that is what they refer to.
Old 2013-02-08, 02:07   Link #1799
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

The tracklist for the first six 11 CDs in the music box have been revealed (via Pony Canyon's webpage listing).

Disc 1 collects the OP and ED singles of the anime (including the B-side tracks). It most notably includes the five-person versions of the first season's OP & ED, which were previously only available on the first "K-ON! OFFICIAL BAND SCORE".

Disc 2 contains the original (S1 Ep6) version of Fuwa Fuwa Time (plus the B-side of said single, the Keionbu's version of Tsubasa wo Kudasai), songs from the "HO-KAGO TEA TIME in MOVIE" album, the Rock version of the Sakuragaoka Girls' High School anthem, as well as the DEATH DEVIL songs. It most notably includes the S2 Ep24 version of Tenshi no Fureta yo!, previously exclusive to "K-ON!! OFFICIAL BAND SCORE ~LET'S MUSIC!! 3~".

Disc 3 is the same as the HO-KAGO TEA TIME insert song album, and Discs 4 & 5 are the same as the HO-KAGO TEA TIME II insert song album.

Disc 6 contains the main five's character songs from season 1, with the notable addition of the five-person mix of Let's Go! (that was seen on the first Radi-on! CD), and Disc 7 contains the main five's character songs from season 2. Disc 8 contains all of Ui's, Nodoka's and Jun's character songs, but it's too bad there's no 7-person version of "Come With Me!!".

Finally, discs 9 to 11 collect the soundtracks from the TV anime and movie.

There's also an event with the five main voice actresses, "K-ON HISTORY'S TALK", being held on the 16th of June.

Images
Picture of the contents via Amazon JP (1500x1500px 361.18 KB JPEG)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by blaze0041; 2013-02-11 at 01:23.
Old 2013-02-12, 02:40   Link #1800
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

oh my, oh my, oh my!!!! This is a must have!! Is this already released? If so how much is it? I need to get this ASAP! Hopefully they don't run out!

I'm so happy! But its going to break a hole in my wallet! CD Japan is listing it for 18857yen (19800yen Tax incl.) US$ 197.68, release date 2013/03/20

Edit:
So its a full discography box set? Kinda like the Beatles remastered box set?
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote