AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-29, 06:51   Link #181
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

The beta is now available for download over at Origin. 900+ kb/s speed, I approve of this EA.

EDIT: And it seems there will be no colourblind option in BF3. I'm still hoping for it, otherwise it's a piece of ****-thinking they got on going. In BC2 I couldn't see the difference between allies and hostiles unless I took several seconds, after which it's too late. The option to switch helped a lot. What the hell is wrong with using red and blue...

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2011-09-29 at 07:26.
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 08:15   Link #182
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
The beta is now available for download over at Origin. 900+ kb/s speed, I approve of this EA.

EDIT: And it seems there will be no colourblind option in BF3. I'm still hoping for it, otherwise it's a piece of ****-thinking they got on going. In BC2 I couldn't see the difference between allies and hostiles unless I took several seconds, after which it's too late. The option to switch helped a lot. What the hell is wrong with using red and blue...
It's light blue and orange here

PS: By the way, you can create a platoon in Battlelog(sort of community). Should we have Animesuki platoon there?
Old 2011-09-29, 08:44   Link #183
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

*sigh* Why do I need a key for an open beta?

Oh and the Origin Store has taken a long walk of a short pier by the looks too, which might be why it doesn't want to activate (I couldn't see anywhere to sign up to the open beta anyway).

I'd be up for a 'Suki platoon, I'd make good cannon fodder. /sage nod.
Old 2011-09-29, 10:20   Link #184
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
It's light blue and orange here
Yea, I know, but it doesn't really help when you've got explosions and sunlight going off everywhere. They are still too close to each other. Though, it did get a little bit better as I got used to it... But I still have moments where I go "Oh he's friendl-NO HE'S NOT-*dead*" Annoying, but not game-breaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
*sigh* Why do I need a key for an open beta?

Oh and the Origin Store has taken a long walk of a short pier by the looks too, which might be why it doesn't want to activate (I couldn't see anywhere to sign up to the open beta anyway).
All you need for the beta is an Origin account, IIRC. It's in the "Free Games" section. No code for me at least. Just download the beta client there, bugger around with the activation server a bit, then playtime. Though the servers are being nuked atm, a mate of mine can't dl it either, so it might be that.

Old 2011-09-29, 10:23   Link #185
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, got it to work. The Origin store wasn't working for me, but did eventually. Had the game downloaded already. (Does Origin have no progress bar when installing games? Cause that's a kick in the pants, I wasn't sure if it was installing or not had to watch the files being unpacked in the folder)

Had a couple rounds, not too bad. Controls are wonky, not as precise as I'm used to like with TF2. Turning off motion blur and light occlusion makes it oh so much easier to see stuff. It'd be nice if they gave you the options to change the game settings without having to be in the middle of combat, kinda awkward. If I had more time I'd set it up how I like.

It's kind of buggy too, as you'd expect in a beta. the menu interface is... off centre. Have to click bellow icons. Rocks do not provide cover, and can be shot through. Crouching near concrete barricades puts you beneath the world - letting you see across the map and, I think, shoot people too. Damage is quite high too, makes things interesting, but leaves little reaction time and characters move slow so you're usually dead before you can react.
Old 2011-09-29, 10:39   Link #186
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
(Does Origin have no progress bar when installing games?)
Not that I noticed. It showed one for downloading but only "Installing..." for me.

Quote:
It's kind of buggy too, as you'd expect in a beta. the menu interface is... off centre. Have to click bellow icons. Rocks do not provide cover, and can be shot through. Crouching near concrete barricades puts you beneath the world - letting you see across the map and, I think, shoot people too. Damage is quite high too, makes things interesting, but leaves little reaction time and characters move slow so you're usually dead before you can react.
Didn't notice most of these bugs myself... Though I was knifed through the floor in one instance and saw some dudes below ground. Hopefully solved in release. As for the dmg, I'm sorta split on it. It's better than BC2, and better than CoD... It's sort of in-between, but I've also had the "insta-death" moments.

Old 2011-09-29, 11:25   Link #187
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've been playing the xbox "beta" since yestarday and all I can say is they've basically just ported the PC alpha to the 360 bugs and all rather than go to the trouble of releasing an actual beta most likely only to prevent the console gamers from feeling left out.

Kinda unsurprising really if you consider the games out in a month but it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity and for those who never played the alpha this so called beta will be pretty underwhelming and might put some people off.

Some of the bugs (some new some from the alpha) are very annoying like the one that causes all sound bar your footsteps and weapon to disappear or the white flicker that sometimes happens when you change directions or worst of all when people going prone against rocks and objects to glitch outside the map around the objectives and kill you when you try to plant the charges...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 17:11   Link #188
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Not that I noticed. It showed one for downloading but only "Installing..." for me.

Didn't notice most of these bugs myself... Though I was knifed through the floor in one instance and saw some dudes below ground. Hopefully solved in release. As for the dmg, I'm sorta split on it. It's better than BC2, and better than CoD... It's sort of in-between, but I've also had the "insta-death" moments.
Battlefield 2 was way better then BC2. Food for thought I really do miss the intense team work from Battlefield 2, especially on the Xbox console version, where your entire team were not a bunch of lone wolf nincompoops getting killed at random checkpoints, bringing the team closer to a lose off kills. Since Battlefield 2 was sorta underground back them people who played it were fun, the whole team would be communicating strategically in perfect harmony. Hoping to see that again in Battlefield 3
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 18:19   Link #189
Asuras
Dictadere~!

In the process of downloading the 360 beta. Can't wait!
Old 2011-09-29, 18:25   Link #190
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Beta's pretty fun; but it's pretty much what you expect.

Damn flashlights!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 18:42   Link #191
Mr Hat and Clogs

Even though you can't see the person properly flash light is a keyword for dump a whole heap of bullets in that direction. heh.
Old 2011-09-29, 19:06   Link #192
Asuras
Dictadere~!

That's what I was thinking, too, but every video I've seen, the player shoots all over the place when shined on directly. :\
Old 2011-09-29, 19:06   Link #193
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'll never see them the same way ever again..

Last edited by blakstealth; 2011-09-29 at 19:23.
Old 2011-09-29, 19:14   Link #194
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
That's what I was thinking, too, but every video I've seen, the player shoots all over the place when shined on directly. :\
Just not using enough bullets.
Old 2011-09-29, 19:44   Link #195
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Just not using enough bullets.
Not everyone is equipped with an M249.
Old 2011-09-29, 21:56   Link #196
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 01:06   Link #197
konart

Animesuki platoon: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...0451875090094/
Old 2011-09-30, 19:23   Link #198
Asuras
Dictadere~!

The 360 beta has some serious issues. I'm getting pretty annoyed with the constant server drops.
Old 2011-10-01, 09:09   Link #199
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

People starting to abuse the area under the map is getting annoying too. I hate having to come down there every time to kill everyone, only to be killed by others occupying that area over and over lol.

Also, does anyone use the 870MCS? I feel like I'm the only one on ps3 that uses it, and it just wrecks people.
Old 2011-10-01, 11:25   Link #200
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I just unlocked the SKS and the rape train has no brakes I'm afraid.

In under an hour I have already accumulated 98 kills. Running it with a PKA-S holo sight, Fore Grip and LAM. I love this bloody gun.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote