AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-22, 01:23   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 511 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Partial Spoiler released...

Quote:
-Konan, while unconscious, has a flashback of her time with Jiraiya and Yahiko and Nagato. Presumably the flashback is symbolic of her dying, while also explaining how Madara learned of Nagato’s location…

-The flashback seems to take up the entire chapter…

-Madara collects Nagato’s body, and leaves Ame.

-An indeterminate time later, Madara is in Akatsuki headquarters where he is attaching a newly designed mask to his face. Kabuto is there.

-Kabuto explains that Madara has new eyes, but Madara says they were his originally…

-Zetsu arrives with the information from Kisame. Madara decides it is time to collect the Kyuubi (which is kind of stupid since the Hachibi hasn’t been collected yet)…

-The end…?

-No Naruto next week, and the following week will have a short baseball one-shot…

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-22 at 08:15.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 01:41   Link #2
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I can't wait for this next chapter, though my mind is still reeling from the 600,000,000,000 paper tag explosives. I mean, really. It would take me like a year to count that high, much less make paper tags.
Old 2010-09-22, 01:54   Link #3
Ishe

Unless you can count to 19,000+ in a second and maintain that speed 24 hours a day for the entire year, then you couldn't even count to 600 billion in a year.
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 01:57   Link #4
Rahan

Pictures galore.

Spoiler:

It's a Konan flashback. she was supposed to be unconscious last chapter, so it's weird she would wake up just to have her flashbacks...
There are lot of other pics of the rain orphans in frog suit... Looks like a really lame chapter. Lame flashback. Lame design for Madara.

In his panel, Madara apparently says he is going to get Kyuubi, so I guess Naruto vs Sasuke is about to start.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 02:15   Link #5
SeanQ

I hope that is a mask -_- I'll wait til the chapter or more detailed spoiler to be release before I start sh*t talking lol
Old 2010-09-22, 02:21   Link #6
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
As per usual, will wait for the chapter before forming an opinion. However, I do like Madara's new mask (He needed a new one, now that it's blown to smithereens). It feels creepier than the old one. Also from the looks of it, he's got his old (awesome) war fan with him again.

No feelings regarding the flashback, you can get flashbacks or dream sequences even if you're unconscious (Kakashi, off the top of my head). I'm just hoping it doesn't mean Konan's dead.

I shall not be satisfied with her death till she takes off that robe.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 02:25   Link #7
Gin
*Artist

Are the tomoes eye holes or does Madara have an eye in the middle of his face now?
Old 2010-09-22, 02:32   Link #8
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

From the way it's drawn, the bottom two are eyeholes. The top one isn't, it just seems 2d compared to the others.
Old 2010-09-22, 02:38   Link #9
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Oh, Jiraiya, you sure know how to make any situation utterly ridiculous. Honestly, if I got beat down by a bunch of kids in frog suits, I'd sooner defect than report that to my superiors.
Old 2010-09-22, 02:52   Link #10
Cael
Lurker Mode

^ Good eye, didn't even see him there.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 02:56   Link #11
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Oh, Kishi, you sure know how to make any situation utterly ridiculous.
Fixed it for ya.

And yeah. Frog suits. WTF?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 03:04   Link #12
Gin
*Artist

How come Jiraiya didn't give Naruto a cool toad suit? Just one more reason he was a terrible godfather.
Old 2010-09-22, 03:06   Link #13
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
How come Jiraiya didn't give Naruto a cool toad suit? Just one more reason he was a terrible godfather.
How do we know he didn't? Maybe he did during the three year training.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 03:20   Link #14
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

It's probably a festival of some kind that Jiraiya took them to. It's a friggin' flashback. She can dream of teddy bears or flashback to her first lolly for all I care.
Old 2010-09-22, 03:57   Link #15
Apollian

yeah I'm feeling Naruto Vs SASUKE coming right up.... I still see at least 40-50 issues left in this story...also I expect once it's all over, that they take a break, and come back in a time skip once the character are 5 or 10 years older.... but Madara will know what to expect from naruto now that he has Kisame's scroll.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 04:13   Link #16
kobun

if the spoilers tell us anything.. is that kishi has the ability to add moe, to naruto...
naruto hasn't been doing that well, a moe turn can really pick this series back up;...
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 04:53   Link #17
haegar
mangaviking

hm. kinda hypocritical of Ero-Senin to object to Naruto wearing Gai's spandex - yet suiting up these three in that quak quak lolz - then again ... maybe he forbade Naruto to wear the Spandex cause he already had a hunch how that frog-suit influenced Nagato's development in a detrimal way

as for the new mask ... this looks kinda legit does it? ...anyways, if it is, I like it, now that the circles are centered symetrically around his head - this just calls for "BANG HEADSHOT" - should be a great help for Naruto to aim for a real bullseye of a facepalm ....one day I wanna see Naruto facepalm Madara like Aichan got it - preferably in such a way that Madara thinks he can dodge/ teleport/phase out of it - cept for that "oups" Naruto found a way around that

edit: oh and that would shatter the mask v2 of course - afterwards Madara can go wear the frogsuit

edit2: does anybody have an idea what that weapon like hilt is that Madara seems to hold/ wear on the shoulder? That's kinda new too isn't it? wonder if there is something siginficant to that ...

Last edited by haegar; 2010-09-22 at 05:09.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 04:57   Link #18
Rahan

Well, the cover doesn't leave doubts about Konan's fate, since it's about Konan wondering if there is someone waiting for her, who finally sets off.

I guess Kishi kept her irrelevant till the end.
Kishi only created her because he needed Nagato's body to ends up with someone dumb enough to not destroy the eyes.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 05:42   Link #19
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Well, the cover doesn't leave doubts about Konan's fate, since it's about Konan wondering if there is someone waiting for her, who finally sets off.

I guess Kishi kept her irrelevant till the end.
Kishi only created her because he needed Nagato's body to ends up with someone dumb enough to not destroy the eyes.
Or too sentimental. Ninja's aren't just tools, you know? Wasn't that the very first thing established in Naruto?

I don't blame Konan, I blame Naruto for letting the corpse of the guy that destroyed Konohagakure get away.
Old 2010-09-22, 07:01   Link #20
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

mini spoilers, full script is also released.

Spoiler for Chapter 511:
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion