AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-20, 03:26   Link #81
bratchaman

Hahaha. I love how this has turned into a cat discussion thread. Though appropriately so.

My cat is the spawn of demons. Pitch-black male whose largest kill to date is a housefly.
bratchaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 07:51   Link #82
Huscheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Though I did have one cat, who if she reeeeally had to go and was inside (she was an outdoor cat, no litter) she'd very politely go in the bathtub, making it easy to wash away. ^^;
LOL exactly like my cat!
He peed inside the litter box, but for other stuff, he always made it outside. So when he was inside (mostly over night) and he reeeaaally had to, he went into the bathtube as well. ^^' Well yeah it's easy to clean at least. But it certainly makes me wonder why cats like the bathtube that much o__O'
Huscheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 20:51   Link #83
Joni3Nyo
☆ ポンポンら~♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huscheli View Post
LOL exactly like my cat!
He peed inside the litter box, but for other stuff, he always made it outside. So when he was inside (mostly over night) and he reeeaaally had to, he went into the bathtube as well. ^^' Well yeah it's easy to clean at least. But it certainly makes me wonder why cats like the bathtube that much o__O'
My cat's love the bathtube too, the can even sleep there O_O
Joni3Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 21:19   Link #84
Kirarakim

Although my cats never peed in the tub they do love to stretch out in there.

They also love boxes. Bring home a box and they will make it their home.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 16:34   Link #85
lilitu93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
I got a raw of the first week's copy of Chi's Sweet News and all I have to say is...

...I found it incredibly boring for the most part. It is actually a mix of pictures and home videos with an ugly looking chi plush making random comments. I'd actually agree with the subbers that it isn't worth the time.

Disclaimer: I am comparing it to random cat vids and pics that can be found on the web, not the series.
I finally got to see the first two of these, and I also was underwhelmed, though it does make me want a Chi plushie. Not up to, say, Cute Overload standards by any means. But the Japanese is pretty basic, so it's good if you're studying and want some practice in understanding spoken Japanese.

So it's not worth going out of your way to see, but if you find it anywhere, it's not going to hurt to watch. I saw it on Youtube - hope that isn't against the rules to say that.
lilitu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 17:21   Link #86
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitu93 View Post
I finally got to see the first two of these, and I also was underwhelmed, though it does make me want a Chi plushie.
And look what Japan happens to be selling.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 17:39   Link #87
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The "behaved cat" is my probably my favorite.

Does "out of print" mean that they won't accept any more preorders? I'd order the whole four of them if I could.

[The Chi in my avatar definitely thinks she's a lot cuter than that plushie, though!]
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 17:49   Link #88
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

I doubt they'll take orders on those just yet, still a while until they actually get released.

On another note: yay! An opening single! Hopefully they'll include the lyrics as sung by Chi so I can settle my dispute!
Old 2008-04-30, 17:55   Link #89
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, the "preorder deadline" on all the plushies was January 1, 2008. That's why I think "out-of-print" means they've already sold out their inventories in preorders.
Old 2008-04-30, 18:08   Link #90
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

That seems very early for a pre-order deadline...

They weren't putting out the full extent of the marketing until they launched the anime, which is a full 3 months later.

Oh well, I suppose we'll just have to see if that's a system generated date or genuine. Although that plushie doesn't live up to the real thing ;(

Edit: There's actually a whole bunch of Chi merchandise available already, I saw some pictures popping up from some Chinese fans, and they seem to have full collections of plushies! Also some fun stuff on ebay including a Chi watch.

Last edited by Grv; 2008-04-30 at 18:45.
Grv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 20:40   Link #91
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grv View Post
That seems very early for a pre-order deadline...
Nah, it is pretty typical that the pre-order deadlines are months in advance of the actual release for things like plushies. The OOP does mean that it is likely that CDjapan won't be ordering more. They will still be available in the standard retail channels and in stores on release day.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 23:26   Link #92
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Chi ep 13 = cutest self-promotion ever.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 02:23   Link #93
sangofe

Zomg, yes, yes! Mass release of Chi!
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 06:55   Link #94
lilitu93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
And look what Japan happens to be selling.
Unfortunately they're all out of stock I'll try a few of the stores in London that sell Japanese toys, though, and see if any got them. (There's at least one in Chinatown that sells actual Japanese things.) The single is tempting, but I've already ordered all the manga from Amazon.co.jp, which is probably enough Chi merch for now!

Edit: Does anyone know about the other manga that they were advertising in episode 13? It's called Neko-Moto and has some odd Engrish on the cover. I know that Konami Kanata did other cat manga before Chi, but this seems to be connected to Chi, since she's on the cover. Amazon reviews aren't that good, but I can't read them to see what people disliked or what they are. Thanks!

Last edited by lilitu93; 2008-05-03 at 07:10. Reason: Edit: Asking about manga
lilitu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:51   Link #95
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Just another update on Chi merchandise.

There is a Chi game being developed for Nintendo DS, estimated to be in shops in July priced at 5040 yen.

http://e-morning.jp/chi/news.html
Old 2008-05-11, 07:35   Link #96
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll admit I'm a sucker for this show. The scene in ep. 22 where Chi sticks her head out of the basket was priceless.
Old 2008-05-11, 12:05   Link #97
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Just for those that wish to know, it seems the current series length for Chi's Sweet Home is 104 episodes. Which when you work it out is 26 weeks and the equivalent of 13 full-length episodes.

I only have the one source for this at the moment but it seems logical.

Source: AniTele
Old 2008-05-11, 15:34   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

With Youhei making the cat noise, i was almost certain Chi as going to reply. Strange.
Old 2008-05-20, 23:30   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Top, mainly since no one is discussing CSH much lately...

This show continues to be the simple pleasure of the spring season. Amazing how many grins they can extract in three minutes - especially Dad, who with his earnest soft-heartedness has emerged as my favorite character (after Chi herself, of course).

"Although these are more expensive than the sofa..."
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 08:17   Link #100
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As a stuffed animal fan, the scene in the bay window reminded me of one of my favorite scenes in the movie E.T. when the creature is camouflaged in the closet full of toys.

I smiled in the scenes where Okasan explained to Chi why she wasn't supposed to climb up into the window. I talk to my kitty all the time; occasionally she'll respond with a look or a vocalization that might make you think she's understanding what I'm saying, too. Unlike Okasan, I don't try and explain much to my cat though. Most of our conversations are more along the lines of, "would you prefer the tuna or turkey tonight?"

Will Landlady-san ever find out about Chi? Will our loving family end up out on the street? Maybe they can find Chi's mom and go live with her.

I'm going to assume that the "seinen" tag at the bottom of this thread represents its magazine publisher. I read somewhere, perhaps even in this thread, that a big chunk of Chi's anime audience is preschoolers and their at-home moms who watch the daytime showing. I'm adding "family" and "children" to the tag list as well.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-06-05 at 23:24.

Tags
children, comedy, family, seinen