AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-01, 00:30   Link #1241
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
"Repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the truth."
Oh, so true.

I canīt believe that there are actually people dense enough to really believe that Alto did salute Ranka. HE WAS FACING WITH HIS BACK TOWARDS HER!

I could just as well claim that he was showing her the ass of his VF-25 in disdain, it would make just as much sense.
Old 2008-10-01, 00:34   Link #1242
Teletha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafakun View Post
I DO think that he saluted both, Sheryl saying "mission accomplished" and Ranka saying "Gonna go kick some Bird Human/Gracie ass". So yeah, I do think Alto has no idea who he loves the most, and as Ranka AND Sheryl said in the end, this is just the beginning.
The thing is, and my final word, that Ranka didn't care if he saluted her (if she saw it, very unlikely) so her fans should give it up too. You either have her not caring he did it, or him not saluting her. Which is better? Sheryl obviously saluted back and therefore the scene was focused on her and Alto. I don't care if you want to argue against it. It doesn't mean he loves her more. Again, I don't understand why some people can't see that both girls are important to the storyline and to Alto. Alto and Ranka had their moments in the episode too. Why don't people go cling to those instead?
Old 2008-10-01, 00:38   Link #1243
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, so true.

I canīt believe that there are actually people dense enough to really believe that Alto did salute Ranka. HE WAS FACING WITH HIS BACK TOWARDS HER!

I could just as well claim that he was showing her the ass of his VF-25 in disdain, it would make just as much sense.
I think an official statement from Kawamori on this topic won't change the fact that some people like to be ignorant.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-10-01, 00:40   Link #1244
mechabao

Quote:
Oh, so true.

I actually wouldn't have made a big of a deal about it if they mentioned it once, maybe twice. But for god's sakes, tons of screenshots and clear directions have already been given repeatedly and they're still asking/saying the same fucking stupid thing and it's really pissing me off.
Old 2008-10-01, 00:51   Link #1245
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I believe that Alto saluted Sheryl and Sheryl only.

But at this point no matter how much we argue, everyone will stick with their own guns. So it's pretty pointless going in circles when people refuse to be convinced despite all the evidence being pointed out to them.

In short... let people believe what they want to believe and end this debate.
Old 2008-10-01, 00:55   Link #1246
nanikore
What. Is THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Can't believe someone thought the fight choreography/CG in this episode was crappy. Goes to show you that opinions really are one-a-penny, eh? To each his/her own.
Can't believe someone didn't catch the shabbiness of the fight choreography and deterioration of the entire series. Goes to show you that opinions really are one-a-penny, eh? To each his/her own.
Old 2008-10-01, 01:05   Link #1247
nanikore
What. Is THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
I actually wouldn't have made a big of a deal about it if they mentioned it once, maybe twice. But for god's sakes, tons of screenshots and clear directions have already been given repeatedly and they're still asking/saying the same fucking stupid thing and it's really pissing me off.
Why does it matter.

Never mind. I don't care why it matters, either. There's already too much time and energy invested, and to deny its importance would bring even more angst and indigestion.
Old 2008-10-01, 01:10   Link #1248
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
I believe that Alto saluted Sheryl and Sheryl only.

But at this point no matter how much we argue, everyone will stick with their own guns. So it's pretty pointless going in circles when people refuse to be convinced despite all the evidence being pointed out to them.

In short... let people believe what they want to believe and end this debate.
this is all caused because of poor uniformity. there is no way that both stages could be side by side as it seemed they were. Battle Quarter was ahead of Battle Frontier. I really don't care anymore if Alto Saluted both girls or just Sheryl, just because the animators didn't bother to pay attention to detail we get this big argument.
Old 2008-10-01, 01:13   Link #1249
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafakun View Post
I DO think that he saluted both, Sheryl saying "mission accomplished" and Ranka saying "Gonna go kick some Bird Human/Gracie ass". So yeah, I do think Alto has no idea who he loves the most, and as Ranka AND Sheryl said in the end, this is just the beginning.
you are interpreting a lot into a salute. but i guess you haven' t been in the army so you partially understand the meaning.

in macross - dyrl hikaru did also greet both. even more he greets to the complete macross.he honors the civilians and also he reports/accomplish to the higher ranked officers and goes on to his mission. (in traditional military formalisations you do a salute if you make a report and if you finish the report and you are about to leave. a salute is only done to respect or honor someone if he is lower/civilian ranked and is to do to higher ranked officers and above).

in macross frontier same situation. honors both, greets the macross b and the macross quarter, as the operational hq's are incude all the relevant high ranked officers. i can interprete now that he is just reacting to COLONEL Wilders command that those who have Honor in their wings should fight against grace and battle galaxy. would make sense, doesn' t it?

now to come back to the three main characters. one thing did bother me and that was the proportionals between sheryl > alto in his VF 25 > bridge of the macross quarter.

the valkyrie is damn near to sheryl. also the size does not match to the vapor trail. either the graphics are wrong or it is monitored as tak said. it is very sure that he greeted both. won't argue against this

but still the lovers are shown. sheryl (hey, you can also hear her mind), then alto's mech > remember the scene in dyrl before hikaru went off to snipe golg bodolza.

btw. the discussion because ranka did not greet back is not a to interprete as a dishonor. think about if you are on stage and performing an act. depending how professional you are, then you are concentrated on your performing.

offtopic:
tak, if you need more beer, come to munich. atm you are missing the octoberfest!

magnuskn, do you know HaruVamp who left Germany this year and now live in the states? if so, maybe we may know each other. have a bad feeling about this.
Old 2008-10-01, 01:14   Link #1250
kujoe
from head to heel

Huh... I take back what I said, and stand corrected. He doesn't salute to both. I think I understand why others are mistakenly regarding that scene as Alto saluting both.

It's because of those monitors of each singer focusing on each other. (Damn you Kawamori!) I guess I got caught up with the high of the moment. It still doesn't change what I thought of that homage of course, especially since it's still Sheryl who acknowledges Alto and his salute. Now, if only the movie would continue in this direction...

But anyway, now that's more cleared up for me, I guess I should leave it as that. I'm starting to be guilty of beating this dead horse.

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-10-01 at 12:33.
Old 2008-10-01, 01:25   Link #1251
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Alto was clearly saluting Bobby, both Sheryl and Ranka just misunderstood his intention. Look at how Quarter goes following right behind. It's clear as day!
Old 2008-10-01, 01:38   Link #1252
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Alto was clearly saluting Bobby, both Sheryl and Ranka just misunderstood his intention. Look at how Quarter goes following right behind. It's clear as day!
that was a pretty good joke
Old 2008-10-01, 01:48   Link #1253
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

One thing that bothers me is, Sheryl's infection. Did Grace infect her with it for her experiment or was it inherited from the family? Afterall, she's Mao Nome's grand daughter so there's some link between the Nomes, Birdman and Vajra.
Old 2008-10-01, 03:00   Link #1254
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
magnuskn, do you know HaruVamp who left Germany this year and now live in the states? if so, maybe we may know each other. have a bad feeling about this.
Ah, no, I donīt know him. ^^
Old 2008-10-01, 03:14   Link #1255
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
One thing that bothers me is, Sheryl's infection. Did Grace infect her with it for her experiment or was it inherited from the family? Afterall, she's Mao Nome's grand daughter so there's some link between the Nomes, Birdman and Vajra.
Iīd say Grace infected her. After episode 24, it seems clear that Sheryl was not on the 117th ( which I had postulated before ), but had her family on Galaxy. I guess Grace disposed of them ( damned you, Grace! Why did you kill Sheryls hot mother! ^^ ), let Sheryl spend some time as a street urchin, then collected her and infected her with the V-Type disease.

Shows that Grace really had a hard-on for screwing with Mao. Vindictive women, and all that...

*edit: Ups, sorry for the double post.
Old 2008-10-01, 04:24   Link #1256
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Iīd say Grace infected her. After episode 24, it seems clear that Sheryl was not on the 117th ( which I had postulated before ), but had her family on Galaxy. I guess Grace disposed of them ( damned you, Grace! Why did you kill Sheryls hot mother! ^^ ), let Sheryl spend some time as a street urchin, then collected her and infected her with the V-Type disease.

Shows that Grace really had a hard-on for screwing with Mao. Vindictive women, and all that...

This is the reason Grace is a no.1 villain in my ranking.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-10-01, 04:26   Link #1257
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanikore View Post
Can't believe someone didn't catch the shabbiness of the fight choreography and deterioration of the entire series. Goes to show you that opinions really are one-a-penny, eh? To each his/her own.
Now, that's a very mature and original reply. Can we move on to other topics, now?

Old 2008-10-01, 05:37   Link #1258
golthin

Quote:

that is one of the mysteries in the show. How did sheryl end a street urchin? Did grace kill her parents? If grace didn't kill them...How did they die?
Old 2008-10-01, 05:49   Link #1259
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Do we really need to know that? I'd prefer if we found out more about Bilrer's motivation or Megaroad 01, myself.

Old 2008-10-01, 05:56   Link #1260
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Do we really need to know that? I'd prefer if we found out more about Bilrer's motivation or Megaroad 01, myself.
Nah, actually it can easily be inferred from what the show showed us. Itīs just idle speculation, anyway.