Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-17, 05:17   Link #301
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
This anime really needs to get their own section in its own series discussion section so that discussions threads per each episode can be split into those that have played the game and those who haven't or whatnot.
Please have patience since it will most likely happen soon.

But this does raise another problem. I do not like the idea of having two discussion threads for a single episode (in the proposed forthcoming Fsn forum) so any suggestions on how to steer the discussion so non-game players won't be spoilt? Maybe have the usual Episode discussion threads along with a single generic discussion thread for the game players.
Old 2006-01-17, 05:40   Link #302
Paracelsus

That is a common problem. If somebody who hasn't played the game makes a statement, and a wrong one, it's natural that who has played it tries to correct him, causing a spoiler. However I agree with xris, since it's better to avoid spoilers. Now it's just the beginning, while later we could be owned from them (that is when the story reaches its climax)
Old 2006-01-17, 06:08   Link #303
Lackadaisical

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Please have patience since it will most likely happen soon.

But this does raise another problem. I do not like the idea of having two discussion threads for a single episode (in the proposed forthcoming Fsn forum) so any suggestions on how to steer the discussion so non-game players won't be spoilt? Maybe have the usual Episode discussion threads along with a single generic discussion thread for the game players.
Is it actually any different from how manga and anime threads are kept and marked seperately in the Bleach or Naruto sub-forums?

Or perhaps a better example would be, is it any different than how the difference between novel and anime was dealt with in the Full Metal Panic: TSR forum?

While the threads are clearly marked as [Anime] or [Manga], in this case [Anime] or [Game], most people get the message clearly enough not talk about information that is outside a thread's general intent.

As it is, given that being accidently told information that hasn't been revealed in an anime is fairly rare in the specific animesub sub-forums but fairly common in the general fansub sub-forum, I think the size of the problem is a matter of space. Right now, you have Fate Stay Night sole anime fans, game players, and those who have read game spoilers all within a single thread rather than a forum.

For instance, take the Noein thread in the fansub forum as an example. Given how far behind the fansubs remain from the raws, for someone merely following the fansubs, reading the thread, even without checking the hidden spoilers, is risking finding out things from later episodes by the off handed comments and speculation. You could say that an anime based off a game is similar to a fansub that lingers behind the raws for too long.

At the same time, accidently clicking spoilers in the Shuffle forum has been rare.

Should a Fate Stay Night sub-forum be created I suspect the risk of being spoiled accidently by an off hand comment or clicking an unmarked spoiler that you think led to something it did not will decrease dramatically.

It's one thing to click a spoiler that you think spoils something you want to read about when it actually spoils something else. It's quite another to click a thread marked [Game] and not realize what the posters are talking about.

As this thread stands now, it is like standing in a small room with half a hundred people who are talking interchangeable with each other. Even if you try to stick to your own discussions you are almost certain to pick up on other conversations by misfortune.

Last edited by Lackadaisical; 2006-01-17 at 06:23.
Old 2006-01-17, 06:09   Link #304
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Maybe have the usual Episode discussion threads along with a single generic discussion thread for the game players.
And, assuming the "episode x discussion" will be sticky as usual, will this eventual "generic discussion thread for game players/knowledgeables" be sticky as well? It may bring confusion in any way, either if it id either if not.
Since I'm assuming the quantity of peoples with game's knowledge most likely won't be keep in an order, using just one thread.
Also, I figure the occasional (game knowing) poster who will post on the "anime solely" thread, disturbing the general mood, but the report button is here appositely.

I would like to suggest to proceed in a double way solution.

Premise:

- We're not having "anime viewers" and "gamers"
- We're having "anime viewers" and "gamers anime viewers" . Meaning, gamers who want to discuss the anime as well, and it is a very genuine right for them.

Considering the Fate/stay night forum, I'd suggest to create it and to acceed straight to two sub-forums, being them one for "pure anime viewers" and one for "gamers viewing anime" or sort of.

Meaning:

AnimeSuki\Fsn ---> as main directory

AnimeSuki\Fsn\Anime for Anime viewers ---> directory to fsn forum, with all its threads and stickies, meant as anime viewers only, in which game spoilers will be absolutely forbidden.

AnimeSuki\Fsn\Anime for Gamers ---> directory to a forum in which the gamers will be able to open their own threads and discussions, with stickies and stuff, all of these being game related. Notice that this won't be offtopic, because, although the title would be "gamers", actually peoples here will be talking about the anime, just with their previous game knowledge. People fearing spoilers won't meddle here, or if they will, they couldn't complain after.

I don't know if I have made it clear, or if it's realizable, or if it is too heavy to control. But since I'm one of "pure anime viewers" and I have tried many times to read this thread always bumping in something undesired, I think the option should be to make two fair separate way. And keeping them under the anime section, because, it's always the anime we are talking about.
Besides, if you say to the gamers to post in game thread it will be offtopic there as well, since they will be talking of the anime in a game related thread, maybe disturbing those just willing to play and discuss the game withouth wanting to know anything about the anime.

Gosh.. this is so confusing.. , anyway I tried to give my idea.
Old 2006-01-17, 06:29   Link #305
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Not at all confusing -- I understood you perfectly. As for implementing your idea, we'd rather eat broken glass.

There will be a forum for Fate/stay night soon, but there will most certainly not be TWO forums.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-17, 06:44   Link #306
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
That is a common problem. If somebody who hasn't played the game makes a statement, and a wrong one, it's natural that who has played it tries to correct him, causing a spoiler. However I agree with xris, since it's better to avoid spoilers. Now it's just the beginning, while later we could be owned from them (that is when the story reaches its climax)
The problem lies within the fact when multiple game knowledgable people discuss about the anime, then serious problem arises as it's almost impossible to ignore that game spoilers will be spouted. Especially at this stage of the anime, discussing major spoilers really derails from regular discussion, since this isn't Beast Lair. There, they can openly talk about the spoilers since 99.99% of everyone there played the game or is totally spoiled. However, I assume that less than 10 people here actually played the game.

So, I think it's best that until we get the greenlight, we better stop talking about game spoilers or give hints.

Edit~ 2 forums? That's crazy. I can envision a similar concept to the [Anime] and [Manga] thing of the other forums, or even what xris said about one large thread just for gamers to discuss with spoilers, similar to all these smaller anime threads, but 2 forums?
Old 2006-01-17, 07:09   Link #307
Celes
Wanderer and oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
All the names you came up with came form the europe. have try looking for names in asia. Like the bunch i listed earlier. The ones form the Romance of the Three Kingdoms are of which is very famous in japan due to the game form koei. And a lot of them are the lancer types.
Hey, those names were what Google gave me in the first 2 pages. Not my fault my strings didn't turn in Chinese warriors.

Why are you so sure Lancer is a Chinese hero anyway? Did I miss something somewhere? Given Saber's appearance (mail plate skirt?), I don't think we're strictly looking at Asian heroes here.
Old 2006-01-17, 07:14   Link #308
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

NoSanninWa.....You do know that what I posted was merely a joke, right?

I mean, c'mon, James Earl Ray and Mark David Chapman..... Or no one here knows who they are?
Old 2006-01-17, 07:32   Link #309
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
There will be a forum for Fate/stay night soon, but there will most certainly not be TWO forums.
It's ok, as a mod (that I am in other places, so I know what it means) I would have rejected it by myself since in terms of weight, both for board structure weight and mods' work required it simply will be too much. As a simple user I tried to make the suggestion, but knowing there was a 1% of plausible realization. But better trying than stay silent at all, states my policy.
Still, I fear that one single thread for gamers could be not enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Edit~ 2 forums? That's crazy. I can envision a similar concept to the [Anime] and [Manga] thing of the other forums, or even what xris said about one large thread just for gamers to discuss with spoilers, similar to all these smaller anime threads, but 2 forums?
Yes, that may sound crazy but I was trying to put myself in the clothes of both anime viewers and gamers anime viewers. FSN is getting a forum for its popularity (I guess) and not for the issues we've seen here, and I wouldn't like that the new forum will suffer of like... "current issues x 10" .
It's ok to propose the singular thread for gamers, but then, but if that differentiation will born just for episode discussion, I already see the troubles about the other threads which will be created as well.
I.E. Member A opens thread "What do you think of Saber doing xyz in zyx circumstance?" . Member B, unaware of the game will answer "Oh she looked good, I loved her very much!" . Member C, conscious of the game, instead "Yes, she was pretty lovable, but meh .. when in the game she abc when the cba accident occurred she was a lot better!"
Just a very silly example but I smell the game pollution in the whole new forum as well. So at this rate it may sound mean, but it would definitely be better to make things clear and to straight forbid the game knowledges from that forum *at all* (or excepting that general gamers thread suggested by xris). Since it's anime we're talking in the first place, the anime shall have the priority. It won't be easy, though.
Old 2006-01-17, 11:29   Link #310
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

We dont need 2 subforums just one is enough I think. If game material is allowed to be discussed in particular threads the threads should be marked *Game Spoilers* <insert title> something like that, other wise keep the info to strickly anime only. And maybe have harsher penalties for violators at the start to get people to start watching what they post in none game spoiler threads, once you get burned you wont put your hand near the stove again right?
Old 2006-01-17, 11:35   Link #311
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Demon_god04 has it got it right there - i'm sure if people want to talk mainly for the game, then the game section's just fine - but i believe there's a lot to be talked about with the anime, and that involves no spoilers for the game.

I've played the game, i know mostly about it all.. but its still nice to learn something new while watching the anime. ^^
Old 2006-01-17, 11:46   Link #312
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Here's something non-spoilerish... This anime rocks.

Between the BGM, theme songs, the animation, and the character personalities... This could be one of my top picks for 2006.
Old 2006-01-17, 11:48   Link #313
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Between the BGM, theme songs, the animation, and the character personalities... This could be one of my top picks for 2006.
As i've said before, this anime is becoming one of my fav' animes.. and yes only after two episodes! >.<

Its strange, but i have the feelings that so much is going to happen, that shall make me fall in love with it even more.
Old 2006-01-17, 12:24   Link #314
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Damn i hate spoiling myself with stuff this big.

When I saw the first episode I was hoping for a Saber x Emiya pairing, but after seeing Rin save him, I'm hoping they hook up. Or maybe he can start building his harem with all the girls(servants included)
Old 2006-01-17, 13:15   Link #315
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
"too easy" is not a name. Please be more specific, even thought it may seem "too easy."
A hot girl in blindfold (fave type ) on a winged horse.

Hmmmm

Medusa
Old 2006-01-17, 14:04   Link #316
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
A hot girl in blindfold (fave type ) on a winged horse.

Hmmmm

Medusa
You guys have been watching too much Clash of the Titans.

Pegasus is associated with Hercules. Just like the Disney cartoon (though it's really butchering the legend).

Persesus and Medusa are linked but Pegasus has nothing to do with it.
Old 2006-01-17, 14:20   Link #317
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin

Pegasus is associated with Hercules. Just like the Disney cartoon (though it's really butchering the legend).

To quote Wikipedia :

Quote:
In Greek mythology, Pegasus (Pegasos) was a winged horse that was the foal of Poseidon, in his role as horse-god, and the Gorgon Medusa.
Old 2006-01-17, 14:29   Link #318
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin

Actually, Pegasus was the mount of another Greek hero whose name i can't remeber right now. Who kill a CHimera, a monster with the Heads of a Lion, dragon, goat and a snake's head on the tail. He became King and Stuff, later he tried to fly his way to mt Olympis and hurl down for his arrogrance and live out his later life as a begger.
Old 2006-01-17, 14:40   Link #319
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
I wholeheartedly agree with Justinstrife... This really looks like my favorite anime of 06. Im totally obsessed with it..
Not to mention I <3 Saber.

BTW although the series is going to cover a good portion after it i think people should read the other storylines that goes with it after the series is finished.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots

Last edited by F!reStr!fe; 2006-01-17 at 16:09.
Old 2006-01-17, 15:05   Link #320
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Actually, Pegasus was the mount of another Greek hero whose name i can't remeber right now. Who kill a CHimera, a monster with the Heads of a Lion, dragon, goat and a snake's head on the tail. He became King and Stuff, later he tried to fly his way to mt Olympis and hurl down for his arrogrance and live out his later life as a begger.
That hero would be Bellerophon
Closed Thread