AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-07-23, 22:01   Link #25421
jessicapimentel435

rosario vampire to save

Hello Rosario vampire lovers there maybe a season 3 but the vote is in your hands please go to rosariovampire.wikia.com/wiki/…@ they are having a petition for season 3 they need 10 000 votes PLEASE SEASON 3 NEEDS TO COME
jessicapimentel435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 23:59   Link #25422
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Or... we can do something else on our own and take a good Rosario fanfiction and make it into a western originating Light Novel, since there isn't one for R+V just yet.

I'm trying to wrangle an illustrator to do just that, but finding someone with the talent and time is hard. I'm looking to see if I can start some kind of contest or commission on DeviantArt, but it's slow going choosing who would be good enough and whom may have an interest in such a project.

But since R+V ended at the behest of the Japanese editors, there is nothing that we can do, unless that petition is done through VIZ (and Funimation for the anime) whom it's western version is licensed to. Everything for it comes down to sales, and it seems those have slipped beyond a certain threshold for the japanese publishers, so unless they can make money off a reboot or if the author changes publishers like what happened with season 1 to get to season 2, it's probably not happening. But go ahead and sign that petition if it would make a difference. Also, that petition is for the anime, not the manga. And Gonzo is no longer in any financial condition to do any more anime after the recession crashed their sales forcing them to merge into their parent company.
Old 2014-08-07, 15:05   Link #25423
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

@Mach -

I got my copy of the 4-komas Muahahahahahaha!!!

Yes, that means I got the English version of s2v13. I like the one with Hokuto. The other two have Ludie, who I really don't care for very much...
Old 2014-08-07, 16:30   Link #25424
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

A Novelization of Rosario+Vampire...? Hnnn... An illustrator for LN shouldn't be too hard though and there are many talents on DeviantART as well who'd love to take their crack at a well loved series like R+V. I haven't drawn in years so I'm absolutely horrible at it now.

Still, since it would be a novelization, it doesn't have to put in everything from the manga - just the main points. Maybe switching around some events or tying them together into fewer events to streamline things.

First things first - the overall mood of the story. Change or no change? Should it be Dark with lighter elements throughout the entire story or should it be Light with Dark elements throughout the entire story? I think that most people will chose the Darker tone to the story just because they are 'emo' like that...
Old 2014-08-07, 21:30   Link #25425
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicapimentel435 View Post
Hello Rosario vampire lovers there maybe a season 3 but the vote is in your hands please go to rosariovampire.wikia.com/wiki/…@ they are having a petition for season 3 they need 10 000 votes PLEASE SEASON 3 NEEDS TO COME
The anime was complete and utter shit. Why would we want a third season of it? It would need to be rebooted for it to even make sense.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 21:33   Link #25426
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The anime was complete and utter shit. Why would we want a third season of it? It would need to be rebooted for it to even make sense.
He means season 3 of the manga. The two series are referred to as seasons.
Old 2014-08-07, 22:17   Link #25427
amtro
Distro

A western petition would make absolutely no difference whatsoever and with a number as underwhelming as 10k to boot..
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 22:22   Link #25428
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
He means season 3 of the manga. The two series are referred to as seasons.
Ok, now I feel a little derp derp. Still, its kind of a pointless poll since the author will never see it. You could get a million clicks and it wouldn't matter a bit.
Old 2014-08-07, 22:38   Link #25429
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...Actually, 1 million WOULD get his attention - at least it would get someone's attention who would then send the link to him and he could see for himself. This is the age of the internet. People can find anything if they search hard enough.
Old 2014-08-07, 22:53   Link #25430
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...Actually, 1 million WOULD get his attention - at least it would get someone's attention who would then send the link to him and he could see for himself. This is the age of the internet. People can find anything if they search hard enough.
Since when have internet petitions ever accomplished anything? They can be cheated easily and hence have no validity. They are just a way to find out roughly how many people agree with you.

Besides, its an international petition, and the author is going to be concerned about the Japanese market long before he starts looking elsewhere.
Old 2014-08-07, 22:54   Link #25431
amtro
Distro

Petitions aren't a reliable source of projected income. R+V got the boot because of declining sales and piss poor rankings in the magazine, but it was mostly the rankings. Manga like Bleach can get away with poor rankings because even so they're still best sellers that outsell most of the manga that rank higher, that was not the case with R+V and Ikeda already stated that there was no chance for an S3.

Last edited by amtro; 2014-08-07 at 23:14.
Old 2014-08-08, 03:06   Link #25432
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Petitions aren't a reliable source of projected income. R+V got the boot because of declining sales and piss poor rankings in the magazine, but it was mostly the rankings. Manga like Bleach can get away with poor rankings because even so they're still best sellers that outsell most of the manga that rank higher, that was not the case with R+V and Ikeda already stated that there was no chance for an S3.
Yeah, never go with hidden terrorist agenda organization story. Stick to fanservice and school life and you'll do fine. Freezing has the same problem, but the reason it's still around is when it's doing bad, the author just goes for plan B.....oobs, then sales pop up again.
Old 2014-08-08, 09:10   Link #25433
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

As I remember there were lines that Fairy Tail and Tsukune and friends had another encounter but that is another story and the manga ends.

So is there still hope another manga?
Old 2014-08-08, 10:25   Link #25434
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Not just that, but Bleach is a long running series, meaning the anime adaptation airs (or "aired") during daytime for kids, where they can generate other sources of income through ratings, merchandising, games, etc. much like Naruto and One Piece do.

Ikeda doesn't have that luxury with R+V.

And personally, I also thought the manga dropped in quality the further they went into the Fairy Tale arc. I enjoyed seeing the large and diverse cast show their quirks and get their own piece of the action, but by the time Alucard became central to the story, only the vampires really got any screentime.

The manga returned to form in the extra chapter where the real Issa came to visit Tsukune, but by that point it was already too late.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 10:35   Link #25435
amtro
Distro

@Shadow5YA Bleach aired in the afternoon, 6.00-6.30 pm and the main audience were teens and young adults, but lets not go there now.

Vol 14 has been out for some time now and still not as much as a peep on the 4koma, or the other side materials. These are dark times.
Old 2014-08-08, 11:28   Link #25436
GrrDraxin

Quote:
Vol 14 has been out for some time now and still not as much as a peep on the 4koma, or the other side materials. These are dark times.
Ha ha, don't we know it. Even the translation of my Guide Book (that's now 8 years out of date) has been stalled for the foreseeable future. That ABCD translator guy has the raws on hand, since I handed them over personally, but he doesn't have staff to work on it with anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
A Novelization of Rosario+Vampire...? Hnnn... An illustrator for LN shouldn't be too hard though and there are many talents on DeviantART as well who'd love to take their crack at a well loved series like R+V. I haven't drawn in years so I'm absolutely horrible at it now.

Still, since it would be a novelization, it doesn't have to put in everything from the manga - just the main points. Maybe switching around some events or tying them together into fewer events to streamline things.

First things first - the overall mood of the story. Change or no change? Should it be Dark with lighter elements throughout the entire story or should it be Light with Dark elements throughout the entire story? I think that most people will chose the Darker tone to the story just because they are 'emo' like that...
Well, it wouldn't be a conversion of the manga series per se, just taking a well written fanfic and making it an AU timeline light novel following the format of the typical Japanese light novels with illustrations and stuff.

Though the one I've been looking to do this with is the one I hold in high esteem that isn't afraid to go into R-18 material (and with the writer's permission already obtained), and basically has Tsukune become a full vampire just like the manga does, but one of a different kind, and doesn't deal with overly cliched "ultimate" enemies, and doesn't have our favorite vampire MILF be dead, or end up dead by the end... maybe. And certainly may not play with the whole 'fake' persona that is Omote Moka as a way of explaining her existence.

Though if you've read it before (the one called Here In My Arms by Platinumsabr) you'd know that it tries to stay true to how the feel of the pre-Fairy Tale arc was. Not really getting too dark, and emo, but having the silly harem moments, and highlighting the personality quirks of the characters for the lolz.

But how to approach potential illustrators for this project is kind of frustrating, cause I don't know how well versed in R+V they are, or if they even have an interest in doing something for a fanfic without a straight up commission to handle it. I even have a basic layout of how I'd like to arrange such illustrations should I find someone willing to work with me on this. But, I'm just not that well connected on DA or other sources to get things going.

I have already approached some potential illustrators in person at Anime Expo back in July, but many of them were busy, or just not taking requests/commissions at the time.

So if anyone would like to offer some helping hands on this, I'd be mucho happy. At the moment, I'm only asking for a single "cover" illustration to get things going. If it requires laying down some cash, then if it's reasonable in price, I'll do it.
Old 2014-08-08, 11:50   Link #25437
amtro
Distro

Yeah no, no use getting your hopes up any more. Just got vol 14, it adds a few more pages to the epilogue, the final chapter and the final 4koma chapters, but nothing worth noting. This manga is over for good.
Old 2014-08-08, 13:32   Link #25438
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Lord have mercy, that fic is huge... Well, anyone who can keep a fic going into the '300k words' realm has to be dedicated. I got some time, I'll see how he writes this.

As for artists... meh. Now that I look through the current DA listing for Rosario Vampire art - not much in the way of quality that I would use for a project like this. Then again, I'll see what jumps out at me when I read the story. For now, I need food.
Old 2014-08-09, 00:05   Link #25439
GrrDraxin

I calculated that if that fic were collected the same way as light novels, it would either be 7 chapters per volume, and 4 volumes long (almost), or 4 chapters per volume, and 7 volumes long. The later makes more sense in terms of length, since each chapter could be broken down to sub-chapters as well.
Old 2014-08-22, 01:08   Link #25440
Preciize
Them Feels~

A bit late to finally reading the epilogue A fitting ending, it certainly makes room for a season 3 but based on previous posts I guess this is the end

I'll be looking forward to Ikeda's next work.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire