AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-02, 00:22   Link #1
gundam na jutso

Lightbulb hikaru's future

I love hikaru no go i think thay shoud start a new version of it in the future lets say in high school. not only whoud it be about his career he shpud advance a a person like. Gttin in relationship. Id love to see him date and marry his childhood fried akari fujisaki. Shes so cute dont you think

and maybe even furtheher in the future there kids playing go.

or may be his and akira toya kid playing as rivel's

you never know :fingers:

what do you think good idea or not?????
Old 2004-02-02, 00:25   Link #2
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
In case you didn't know about the manga...

Spoiler:

Last edited by TangentZ; 2004-02-02 at 00:27. Reason: Addendum
Old 2004-02-02, 00:53   Link #3
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Once again i would like to point out Hikaru and Akari will never get together. Why? Hikaru is just way WAY too obsessed with Go and his rival to get into romantic relationships.
Old 2004-02-02, 01:03   Link #4
gundam na jutso

still every body needs a little love
Old 2004-02-02, 01:09   Link #5
Super Panda
Legendary Panda Sennin

Hey, even amazing Go players can have some romance. Where do you think Touya Akira came from? Touya Meijin obviously had some time to spare!
Old 2004-02-02, 02:00   Link #6
chamelean75

hmmmm, I think that's it's very possible to have another manga of Hikaru No Go just because there is so much to write about.
Spoiler:

Hey, next time use the <spoiler>......</spoiler> tag ( replace < > with [ ] ) *sigh* you've ruined my hope

Last edited by Hellychan; 2004-02-02 at 12:36.
Old 2004-02-02, 02:03   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

Chamelean75, you might want to edit your post for spoilers. Not everyone has read all of the HnG manga, you know.
Old 2004-02-02, 02:15   Link #8
gundam na jutso

love

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamelean75
hmmmm, I think that's it's very possible to have another manga of Hikaru No Go just because there is so much to write about.
Spoiler:

ok i love hikaru and romance animes.

basiclly im trying to hook up hikaru the lazy bum. i fell those two whoud make a good couple. i also whoud like here akira to advance in the high school go club at her new school. lets say like she gets real good . and mainlly geting go leasion from hikaru on dates smoouch smoouch. and finlly take the go exam and pass and hikaru fell's something else other than wainting to win go. if you know what i mean wink wink.

or this about sai skip a geiration let ssay hikaru has a bouy and toya has a girl thay mary and there kid b/c comeing from sucg great go players reincarinate sai . huh huh

Last edited by Hellychan; 2004-02-02 at 12:37.
Old 2004-02-02, 04:15   Link #9
frowndog
Poof... time warp

big big spoilers. highlight at your own risk

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-02, 05:14   Link #10
ZeroKun

Lee Se Tol went from from 1p to his current 9p in 9 years, and he is only 21. Notice the age of when he became a pro?
Old 2004-02-02, 14:16   Link #11
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKun
Lee Se Tol went from from 1p to his current 9p in 9 years, and he is only 21. Notice the age of when he became a pro?
and yet despite being an obvious genius at the game and becoming a pro at 12 years of age, it STILL took him 9 years to get to that level.

at that point in the series, Shindou has been a pro for about a year. Touya has been one for what, 3 years? Shindou is still 1 dan, Touya is 3 dan. Modeling on Lee's record, it could be conceivable for akira or hikaru to win a title match here at this point, but it wouldn't make the point that they've still both got long roads ahead of them and a lot of learning and growing to do before their story is complete.

That's kind of the thrust of the OVA.... "they're growing, they're changing, but they're definitely not done". Akira beating down Ogata, or Hikaru beating Morishita would be a big jump, out of character for the genre of the series.
Old 2004-02-02, 14:21   Link #12
donna8157

I agree. This makes the story much more believable and much more truthful to the actual go world. I think the author did a great job by showing us in the end that Hikaru and Akira still have a long way to go . .a long way to travel on the road of pros.
Old 2004-02-02, 15:22   Link #13
gundam na jutso

i whoud like to see them all grow as go players and real peapoul with romance and pain see what i mean
Old 2004-02-02, 16:08   Link #14
Breogan
Umeboshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
and yet despite being an obvious genius at the game and becoming a pro at 12 years of age, it STILL took him 9 years to get to that level.
From what I understood from the series you advance 1 dan per year if you win your ooteai (?) matches.
Old 2004-02-02, 16:42   Link #15
AnimeFangirl

Ech... I read Hikaru no Go not too long ago and I've already forgotten all these details. I don't think I would even have remembered the Korean guy's name or who matched up against who when where. This thread is really dragging me down memory lane...sorta...
Old 2004-02-02, 17:25   Link #16
Keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam na jutso
still every body needs a little love
That's what Akira's for. Oh just think of the go games they'll play after they're married!
Old 2004-02-02, 18:51   Link #17
Seiryuu

I knew I'd see alot of stuff about Shindou-Akari. Now I don't mean any offense to anybody when I say this but...
GET A CLUE, BAKAS!!!

Most of you have watched enough anime, and enough HNG, to know how they set these sorts of shows up. The romance is a side plot that is mostly irrelevant to the central story. Thus, they give it enough time to make the conclusion clear, and then they ignore it. Frankly, I think the outcome of that relationship is quite clear. Maybe I've been reading too much David Eddings, but I get the impression that sometime near when he went pro, Akari chose Hikaru as her lifelong mate. That is, she claimed him and she won't give up until she gets him. Anyway, they're only 14/15 years old! Also, don't be so hard on Shindou because he ignores Akari. First, she wouldn't be so friendly if he ignored her all the scenes that were never written in. But also, it's understandable him being a little more focused. He's got his life goal set before him, he knows it's going to take his all, and so he's grown up fast. Also, it's hard enough getting romantic with a chaperone nearby without it being a chaperone that can hear your thoughts and only you can see. Maybe they'll make a comic omake where Hikaru is hanging out with Akari and Sai keeps butting in. It's the middle of a movie. "her hand's right there... so close..." suddenly "Hey! they're playing a game! look, Hikaru, Look!" just kidding. I know I wouldn't want to kiss a girl with someone like that around. I must say, one of the worst things is when people won't accept that a plot is done until they beat you over the head with it. They won't make much more because there's not enough material to produce good plots. Leave it alone, guys, just make fanfics to predict his future.
Old 2004-02-02, 19:03   Link #18
Seiryuu

Oh, also, I actually saw something scary about HnG yesterday. I was scanning other forums, and someone said they'd heard people talking about HnG and now wanted to know what shounen-ai and yaoi was. He's lucky he wasn't saying the show WAS, or he would have been flamed to death. One thing made me a little less annoyed. Someone immediately replied with a common translation. Few really know the real original phrase that became yaoi, but most say it's "Yamete, oshiri itai". Sick, but yes, most people in japan think the term is short for "stop, my butt hurts."
Why is it that any show that has more than one guy who has enough cool looks to attract a girl and yet isn't looking up every skirt he can find get misinterpreted as a show about two guys' relationship? Do anime guys have to try to seduce every girl they see for people not to believe they swing in odd directions? There's NOTHING going on between Shindou and Touya. They aren't even friends. They're rivals. Like Goku and Vegeta, and I've yet to see any suggestion about those two. Of course they're focused on each other, they know each others' strengths are almost equal and they're determined to overcome one another. I was thinking of starting a thread about it, but I'll ask here: Which is worse, bakas who want every side plot to be sapped down to the last sappy bits at the bottom before they'll accept that a series is over, or the obakas who try to make every guy gay? Some speculation is fine, but entire threads about such things can ruin a good story. Please, let well enough alone.
Old 2004-02-02, 19:29   Link #19
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Actually yaoi is short for "YAmanashi Ochinashi Iminashi" which basically means no climax, no point, no meaning.

And theres no need to get upset about a thread determining Akira's and Hikaru's relationship. Dont people with strong rivalrys usually end up becoming close? If Akira was a girl you'd probably be rooting for them to get together.

As for the continuation of the series. If there ever was to be more I dont think Id care too much about Hikaru's "domestic" future. I'd want it to be about GO
Old 2004-02-02, 19:35   Link #20
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Actually yaoi is short for "YAmanashi Ochinashi Iminashi" which basically means no climax, no point, no meaning.
Why is it thrown out for male-male relationships then?
Closed Thread